Windows 10: Programs on dual monitors question.

Discus and support Programs on dual monitors question. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I currently run 2 monitors, i use my main monitor (which is a 4k monitor) for gaming and the other (1080p) for keeping EVGA precision x, and real temp... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Option, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Option Win User

Programs on dual monitors question.

I currently run 2 monitors, i use my main monitor (which is a 4k monitor) for gaming and the other (1080p) for keeping EVGA precision x, and real temp up to monitor temps. When my screens shut off when the computer "goes to sleep" the programs EVGA precision x and real temp are no longer on the second monitor they switch to my main monitor. Also my windows programs like recycle bin and installed games/apps seem to rearrange themselves and stack along the top and i have to move all of them back. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? or whats wrong?

:)

Option, Mar 5, 2016

2. Trouble Dragging Programs on Dual Monitors

So I've been having this problem for a while and it didn't go away after I upgraded to Windows 10 (from Windows 7).

For some reason I'm having troubles when I drag and drop programs from one monitor to the other. When I try to drag the program it often isn't responsive or when it does it moves extremely slowly. The most trouble is trying to cross the border of the two
    monitors. It often gets stuck and the program won't drag across to either monitor.

I don't think its the mouse since I haven't had any problem with any other programs I use, its just dragging programs.

I can't think of any setting or anything like that I could change to fix this, so any tips would be more than welcome.

Thanks!

j.evan.woods, Mar 5, 2016
  3. Trouble Dragging Programs on Dual Monitors

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

Try the below methods and check if that helps:

Method 1: Run the SFC.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.

• Select “Run as Administrator”.

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Now check for the issue.

Method 2:

Make sure you are using the latest graphics device drivers.
    I would suggest you to download and Install the latest graphic card drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check.

Refer to the below article as well:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

Note: Holds good for Windows 10.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Mar 5, 2016
Thema:

Programs on dual monitors question.

1. Programs on dual monitors question. - Similar Threads - Programs dual monitors

2. dual monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitors: I don't know what I did but my dual monitors now display the same screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitors/62c8b91d-637c-4073-b21a-a8b25c161db6
  3. Dual Monitors

Dual Monitors: I used dual monitors for ease of followoing tutorials etc since the last windows 10 updates I find that my monitors will flick black a few seconds randomly and then if I have lets say my browser in one window and a programme in another the both go back to one monitor and...
  4. Dual monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitors: I have a second monitor but my pc does not seem to detect it. I've tried everething on youtube but cannot find a solution plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitors/67f9623f-cb78-456f-bd4f-651bb46b2d6f
  5. dual monitors

dual monitors: I have Dell Inspiron 3059 all in one..Trying to connect a brand new Dell S2319NX to use for 2nd display through HDMI...its's working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitors/447cc414-259e-4218-871e-42220c07ffee
  6. dual monitors

dual monitors: for a couple of years I have run a dual monitor set up in windows 10 on my dell inspiron. after a visiting relative plugged in her lap top to do some work at my house the next time I booted up the 2cnd monitor is not recognized. I have uninstalled the graphics card and...
  7. Dual Monitors

Dual Monitors: I have a Dell 8900 and want to hook up new monitors using the HDMI Port and the DP port. Will it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/dual-monitors/ce136aab-628a-4fba-bad7-c70b481412b5
  8. Dual Monitor question/help

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor question/help: I'm new here (not even sure this question should be in this forum) and new to windows 10. Not a fan as I have sensitive eyes. My issue is - I use 2 monitors at work. I don't want anything on my second monitor until I put it there. The picture of my dog is on both and that's...
  9. Laptop dual monitor question

Laptop dual monitor question: I just set up a new HP slimline laptop. Has no VGA or Display Port. Owner has a 19" monitor to use as a dual boot system. I got a USB to VGA adapter and got the second monitor recognized after installing the driver that came with the adapter. Problem is that the external...
  10. Dual Monitors

Dual Monitors: Hi All Setup Montitor 1: Dell UltraSharp U2718Q UltraHD 4k Montitor 2: Benq BL2711U 4k GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 970 4GB Dell: 60Hz Benq: 30Hz The issue is mainly in Adobe Lightroom. but have had display issues in Bluebeam Revu and Photoshop The Map & Web...