Windows 10: Programs on dual monitors question.

Discus and support Programs on dual monitors question. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I currently run 2 monitors, i use my main monitor (which is a 4k monitor) for gaming and the other (1080p) for keeping EVGA precision x, and real temp... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Option, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Option Win User

Programs on dual monitors question.

I currently run 2 monitors, i use my main monitor (which is a 4k monitor) for gaming and the other (1080p) for keeping EVGA precision x, and real temp up to monitor temps. When my screens shut off when the computer "goes to sleep" the programs EVGA precision x and real temp are no longer on the second monitor they switch to my main monitor. Also my windows programs like recycle bin and installed games/apps seem to rearrange themselves and stack along the top and i have to move all of them back. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? or whats wrong?

:)

Option, Mar 5, 2016

2. Trouble Dragging Programs on Dual Monitors

So I've been having this problem for a while and it didn't go away after I upgraded to Windows 10 (from Windows 7).

For some reason I'm having troubles when I drag and drop programs from one monitor to the other. When I try to drag the program it often isn't responsive or when it does it moves extremely slowly. The most trouble is trying to cross the border of the two
    monitors. It often gets stuck and the program won't drag across to either monitor.

I don't think its the mouse since I haven't had any problem with any other programs I use, its just dragging programs.

I can't think of any setting or anything like that I could change to fix this, so any tips would be more than welcome.

Thanks!

j.evan.woods, Mar 5, 2016
  3. Trouble Dragging Programs on Dual Monitors

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

Try the below methods and check if that helps:

Method 1: Run the SFC.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.

• Select “Run as Administrator”.

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Now check for the issue.

Method 2:

Make sure you are using the latest graphics device drivers.
    I would suggest you to download and Install the latest graphic card drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check.

Refer to the below article as well:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

Note: Holds good for Windows 10.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Mar 5, 2016
Thema:

Programs on dual monitors question.

1. Programs on dual monitors question. - Similar Threads - Programs dual monitors

2. Questions about dual monitor setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Questions about dual monitor setup: hello, I'm new to windows and I just have a couple of questions. currently, I have my laptop and a monitor set up side by side with my laptop kinda being used as a second monitor and it seems to be working but there's just some stuff I'm unsure about 1 when I hide my...
  3. Dual monitor taskbar question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual monitor taskbar question: Hello I recently reset my PC and before I had my monitor setup to where my taskbar on my 2nd monitor didn't exist at all, now it's there I can't remove it and it's also showing what's open on a specific monitor, I want all my tabs to be on one taskbar on one monitor thanks...
  4. Question about dual monitors.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about dual monitors.: I have recently installed a second monitor to my setup. I have a 32" primary and a 28" secondary at the moment. Both of them have the same resolutions, so windows detects them as the same size, but they are not. My problem is, that when I set it on extend mode, the experience...
  5. Dual monitor setup question

Dual monitor setup question: [ATTACH] Hello, I'm using Matebook D14 and I've connected second display to it. Is there a way to setup dual monitors like on the image? I want the mouse jumping to stop. Also is it maybe possible to have different scaling when the monitor is connected and when it's...
  6. question about window on dual monitors

question about window on dual monitors: I have two monitors and when I move an open window from the left monitor to the right monitor it always minimizes how can I stop that from happening. submitted by /u/murph_man99 [link] [comments]...
  7. opening programs on dual monitor

opening programs on dual monitor: I cant figure out how to get a program to launch on the screen from the taskbar on that screen. Lets say I click on Firefox on my main monitor (default) and it opens on my main, and I drag it to my secondary monitor and when I'm done I close the window. The next time I...
  8. Dual Monitor Question

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitor Question: I have a dell xps 15 9550 laptop. I have 2 monitors that i connect to, both are 24' and 1920x1200 resolution. One i connect via hdmi to hdmi. The other i connect via usb-c to hdmi. I have dual monitor setup on this. The thing is im not in that place now. Im at my other...
  9. Dual Monitor question/help

Dual Monitor question/help: I'm new here (not even sure this question should be in this forum) and new to windows 10. Not a fan as I have sensitive eyes. My issue is - I use 2 monitors at work. I don't want anything on my second monitor until I put it there. The picture of my dog is on both and that's...
  10. Laptop dual monitor question

Laptop dual monitor question: I just set up a new HP slimline laptop. Has no VGA or Display Port. Owner has a 19" monitor to use as a dual boot system. I got a USB to VGA adapter and got the second monitor recognized after installing the driver that came with the adapter. Problem is that the external...