Windows 10: Programs open randomly on startup

Discus and support Programs open randomly on startup in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently purchased an Acer Aspire A315-41-R5MD running Windows 10 Home - Version 1903 and from time to time programs will open at startup, these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ArmadilloHead02, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Programs open randomly on startup

I recently purchased an Acer Aspire A315-41-R5MD running Windows 10 Home - Version 1903 and from time to time programs will open at startup, these programs can range from programs that have the option to start on startup such as Hotspot Shield VPN, but in a few instances Microsoft Word and Excel have managed to open at startup. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to why this may be happening or if there is any software I can install that prevents programs from running at startup. Here is a screenshot of the startup in Task Manager. Programs open randomly on startup 8ea7af6d-1fb2-4db5-8be1-046d67c293c6?upload=true.png

:)

ArmadilloHead02, Aug 30, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Programs open randomly on startup

OneNote 2016 opening on startup

Hi,

In order to turn off or disable OneNote 2016 at startup, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Taskbar, and select Task Manager.
    • On the bottom right of the Task Manager window, click the drop-down arrow to open
      More details.
    • Click the Startup tab. This tab shows the programs that are enabled on Startup.
    • Right-click OneNote 2016, and click Disable.
    • Click File, then Exit.
    • You may then restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

Programs open randomly on startup

1. Programs open randomly on startup - Similar Threads - Programs open randomly

2. Startup programs opening then closing immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup programs opening then closing immediately: When I start Windows 10, a bunch of programs are supposed to start with it, but none do. A bunch of them go to the system tray they're supposed to, and when I open the system tray, I see all their icons. However, when I hover over each icon, they disappear. In Task Manager ->...
  3. Startup programs opening then closing immediately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup programs opening then closing immediately: When I start Windows 10, a bunch of programs are supposed to start with it, but none do. A bunch of them go to the system tray they're supposed to, and when I open the system tray, I see all their icons. However, when I hover over each icon, they disappear. In Task Manager ->...
  4. Startup programs opening then closing immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random windows apps opening at startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random windows apps opening at startup: Everytime when i launch my PC, some built-in windows apps open but hibernated green leaf at task manager, not sure how to call it.Only 4 apps open: groove music, your phone, calculator and photos.I had the problem from the start of using windows, and I have no idea what's the...
  6. Random windows apps opening at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random windows apps opening at startup: Everytime when i launch my PC, some built-in windows apps open but hibernated green leaf at task manager, not sure how to call it.Only 4 apps open: groove music, your phone, calculator and photos.I had the problem from the start of using windows, and I have no idea what's the...
  7. Random windows apps opening at startup

8. Programs randomly opens

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Programs randomly opens: In this past week programs have randomly been opening and reopening out of no where, I ran a windows security full scan and it found nothing, deleted all files I had downloaded that week and it still happened, anyone know what the issue can be?[Original Title: Windows Issue]...
  9. Programs opening randomly.

Programs opening randomly.: Hey! I'm new here and tried to research this before coming here. My Windows 10 Home laptop has been randomly opening apps , oddly enough. It isn't really any of the pre-installed apps. Its mostly Discord or Skype (which I use often and randomly closes for unknown reasons.)...
  10. Random program named "Program" in my startup. Can't delet it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random program named "Program" in my startup. Can't delet it.: [ATTACH] So that's what it looks like in the task manager, but I can't "go to the file location" and the fie "C:\Program" Files" Doesn't exist. I ran a full PC virus scan using the McAfee one that comes with the PC but that didn't work either. I wanted to know what it was...