Windows 10: Programs opening on incorrect monitor since latest update

Discus and support Programs opening on incorrect monitor since latest update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a three monitor set up. At start up i have multiple programs opening. Before the latest update they all opened up on the correct monitor.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Redlorakeet, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Programs opening on incorrect monitor since latest update

I have a three monitor set up.

At start up i have multiple programs opening. Before the latest update they all opened up on the correct monitor. Since the update they all open on the primary monitor.

I have tried moving to the correct monitor, closing and then reopening and they are fine when i am working on the pc. Ie if i close them and reopen they open on the correct monitor. It is the initial launch where the problem is.

Can anyone help please? I’m happy to use a third party app if this is the solution.

:)

Redlorakeet, Oct 15, 2018

2. My second monitor quit working after the latest update with Windows 10

Hi Jenny,

Your monitors may not be compatible with the latest update and causing this issue. Please tell us more about it by answering the following questions:

• What is exactly happening with your monitor?
    • When was the latest update installed?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Oct 15, 2018
  3. 1MikeV Win User
    Epin is incorrect: Cannot login after latest update

Original title: Updates

Thank you Microsoft, since the latest update my wife cannot access her account, th epin is incorrect. Help???

1MikeV, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Erika Aro Win User

Programs opening on incorrect monitor since latest update

Open a Program on any Monitor where I open at?

Hi,

Regardless of how many monitors are set up on a computer, one main display is allowed. For your security, we cannot offer any third-party applications that are not approved by Microsoft.

Alternatively, you can follow the steps below on how can an application open in a specific monitor:

• Open an application, then drag it to the monitor you want it to open.
    • Restore down the application (window mode). To do so, press the Windows
      key + the Arrow down key on your keyboard.
    • Close the application by clicking the X mark icon.
    • Relaunch the application to confirm.

Note that this workaround may or may not work for all applications.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Erika Aro, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Programs opening on incorrect monitor since latest update

1. Programs opening on incorrect monitor since latest update - Similar Threads - Programs opening incorrect

2. Since latest windows update, various programs glitch or won't start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Since latest windows update, various programs glitch or won't start: Please read the whole of this question, to fully understand my situation. Thankyou. I've had issues this last couple of weeks, with various software, which is up to date. Paint shop pro would not start. Had to uninstall / reinstall which appears to have cured that issue in...
  3. Random sleeping since latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random sleeping since latest update: This is my first post on this subreddit, and I’m not entirely sure which flair to use so I hope this is right. Also please excuse my lack of technical understanding, I’m a bit of a newbie at this lol. I’ll try and give some context to the issue I’ve been having below, if...
  4. opening programs on dual monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    opening programs on dual monitor: I cant figure out how to get a program to launch on the screen from the taskbar on that screen. Lets say I click on Firefox on my main monitor (default) and it opens on my main, and I drag it to my secondary monitor and when I'm done I close the window. The next time I...
  5. Monitors crash open programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors crash open programs: I use a set of two monitors. I never turn off my CPU to leave my accounts connected to a game and not have to log in the 5 accounts each one by one all the time because it is irritating and time consuming. I had to clean my PC of a virus and I had to restore it to factory...
  6. Monitor sound output not found since latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor sound output not found since latest Windows update: Hello, I have a Hanns G HT225HPB monitor connected to my computer over a DisplayPort cable. Previously, I could set the monitor's loudspeaker as audio output. Since latest Windows update (W10 Pro 1903 - 18362.418) this output doesn't appear any more in the list of audio...
  7. Since latest Windows 10 update computerwill not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Since latest Windows 10 update computerwill not open: Following latest Windows 10 update on Dell Laptop following Sign in the following message is received -System 32 Config system profile Desktop is unavailable - this keeps repeating and computer does not respond to anything other than to shut down....
  8. Can't open Ubuntu since the latest Windows Store update of the app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't open Ubuntu since the latest Windows Store update of the app: Hello, I am running Ubuntu from the Windows Store and got a notification yesterday that the app was updated in the store. As soon as I opened the app, I am welcomed by this error : [ATTACH] As you noticed, the error mentions ubuntu1804. That's because I decided to...
  9. Start Menu, Notifications, Edge not opening since latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu, Notifications, Edge not opening since latest update: Hi all, I'm brand spanking new to this forum, so if this issue has already been posted by someone else, I apologize. Since the most recent update/update attempt (either 10/4/16 or 10/5/16, not sure which day), I can no longer open Start Menu, Notifications, Edge, Windows...
  10. 2nd Monitor Not Opening Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    2nd Monitor Not Opening Programs: I am using Samsung TV (brand new) as a 2nd monitor for a ThinkPad laptop with Windows 10. I have it set to "Extend" and can see the desktop and task bar on the screen. When I open something on my laptop, it works just fine. When I try to open something on the monitor, it...