Windows 10: Programs or apps opening very slowly when using Alt Gr shortcut key

Discus and support Programs or apps opening very slowly when using Alt Gr shortcut key in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using Windows 10, installed on an SSD, and I'm facing this really weird issue. All programs and apps start up very quickly (instantly) due to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rambomhtri, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Programs or apps opening very slowly when using Alt Gr shortcut key

Hi, I'm using Windows 10, installed on an SSD, and I'm facing this really weird issue. All programs and apps start up very quickly (instantly) due to the SSD, as well as Windows itself. I have some shortcut keys for different programs, for example:
    Ctrl + Alt + P opens PAINT
    Ctrl + Alt + C opens the calculator app

If I press those 3 keys, the programs and apps start up as fast as always, which is immediately.

Nevertheless, even though I'm using a United States notebook with a US keyboard layout, I many times set Windows to use a different non-US keyboard, for example french or german. These keyboards have a different "Alt" key to the right of the space bar, called "Alt Gr". That key replaces the command Ctrl + Alt, and it's also used to type , pressing "Alt Gr" + E.

Now, the problem. If I open an app or a program using "Alt Gr + P" or "Alt Gr + C", it opens way slower. Both Calculator app and Paint open instantly, but through this way they take like 4-5 seconds to load.

*sarc

:)

rambomhtri, Nov 14, 2018

2. Alt / Alt Gr keys are not working on physical keyboard

Hi

My ASUS Laptop's ALT and ALT GR keys are not working. It happened when I installed a Free Software named iSkySoft... That program is now uninstalled, but it still shows up in the StartUp list ( as deactivated though )

My on-screen keyborad works as well as an external USB Keyboard.

I have tried Clean Boot - no luck

I have reinstalled the keyboard driver - no luck

I ran Malwarebytes - no luck

I read that a lot of people ran into this problem, and I have followed many suggestions, without succes..

The only things I can relate to this is the iSkySoft installation or when I restart my PC, sometimes it let me choose between WIN 10 ( disc 3 ) or...... WIN 10 ( disc 3 )... ??? Somehow I have 2 identical versions of WIN 10.. Maybe thats it ??

I did install the iSkySoft late November 2016, and when I look at my list of programs, no other programs are installed near that date..

Any suggestions Programs or apps opening very slowly when using Alt Gr shortcut key :)

/ Thomas

NB - It doesn't work in any programs

ThomasSvenningsen, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 14, 2018
  4. 澪未来 Win User

Programs or apps opening very slowly when using Alt Gr shortcut key

Alt Gr key not working on windows 10

My Alt Gr was working just fine until a little while ago, when it just suddenly stopped working.

I was writing an essay and when I tried to send it via email, I found out I wasn't able to type the @ symbol (I just copy pasted it) and then realised I actually couldn't do anything related to the Alt Gr key.... how do I solve this?

澪未来, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Programs or apps opening very slowly when using Alt Gr shortcut key

1. Programs or apps opening very slowly when using Alt Gr shortcut key - Similar Threads - Programs apps opening

2. Web sites open very very VERY slowly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web sites open very very VERY slowly: I am using Windows 10 Home and Chrome. Quite usually it takes about 15-30 sec to load a page. I have very fast fiberoptics ~100mbps and also Linux Mint installed on the same machine and on Linux it is very fast. So it looks like that the problem with Windows settings.Any...
  3. Web sites open very very VERY slowly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Web sites open very very VERY slowly: I am using Windows 10 Home and Chrome. Quite usually it takes about 15-30 sec to load a page. I have very fast fiberoptics ~100mbps and also Linux Mint installed on the same machine and on Linux it is very fast. So it looks like that the problem with Windows settings.Any...
  4. Alt and Alt Gr not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt and Alt Gr not working: Hello everyone,A few weeks ago my laptop started showing a problem, both the alt key and alt gr key were not working.I tried an external keyboard and the keys didn't work either.After searching through forums i found a tip saying "press Alt 5 times and it should go back to...
  5. Alt and Alt Gr not working

Alt and Alt Gr not working: Hello everyone,A few weeks ago my laptop started showing a problem, both the alt key and alt gr key were not working.I tried an external keyboard and the keys didn't work either.After searching through forums i found a tip saying "press Alt 5 times and it should go back to...
  6. German keyboard alt gr key not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    German keyboard alt gr key not working: I have a German keyboard and I'm using English German QUERTZ layout in the setting. Alt gr key on my keyboard is not working for some keys. I've tried different language input settings and tried changing my regional settings as well but still not working....
  7. Windows 10 not responding well. Programs and apps open very slowly.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not responding well. Programs and apps open very slowly.: Hi! i want to ask these questions... 1. i am using windows 10 home but i am experiencing a problem window is not responding well not smoothly and programs and apps loads and opens very slowly. 2. if i change windows from 64 window bit to 32 bit window will it delete...
  8. Using shortcut keys to open programs on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using shortcut keys to open programs on Windows 10: Hey Everyone, A few years ago I installed Windows 10 and thought it would be a great idea to add shortcut (function) keys to different programs like Microsoft Word, Excel and other programs for Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop for easier startup if say I was in a web browser and...
  9. Programs or apps opening very slowly when using Alt Gr shortcut key

Programs or apps opening very slowly when using Alt Gr shortcut key: Hi, I'm using Windows 10, installed on an SSD, and I'm facing this really weird issue. All programs and apps start up very quickly (instantly) due to the SSD, as well as Windows itself. I have some shortcut keys for different programs, for example: Ctrl + Alt + P opens PAINT...
  10. "This PC" shortcut opens very slowly ONLY from taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    "This PC" shortcut opens very slowly ONLY from taskbar: Hi, I have just finished a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro in a notebook, and I'm facing a very weird issue. I'm doing this all day, and it's the first time and the only notebook I know that is having this problem. Just in case it's relevant, it's an MSI GL62M 7RDX: i5...