Windows 10: Programs randomly don't have internet access after update

Discus and support Programs randomly don't have internet access after update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After the update yesterday Windows 10 seems to be cutting off certain software from accessing the internet randomly. Everything runs fine generally,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AvriWG, Jun 19, 2019.

1. AvriWG Win User

Programs randomly don't have internet access after update

After the update yesterday Windows 10 seems to be cutting off certain software from accessing the internet randomly. Everything runs fine generally, but every 3 hours or so random programs no longer seem connected, while others remain unaffected. For example: Firefox suddenly cannot reach any webpages while Edge works fine. Restarting Firefox doesn't fix the issue, waiting for 1 minute does.

I am on a wired connection that seems to be working fine. My firewall doesn't list to be blocking any of the affected programs, in fact the firewall/AV itself gets cuts off. Among other programs that fail to connect at times are Adobe Reader DC, InDesign, the CC itself, Thunderbird, Comodo CIS. But never at the same time. Peculiar.

I've re-plugged everything, ran Troubleshooter a bunch of times, checked for Network Adapter and other driver updates: nothing ...

I cannot afford to do a clean reinstall of everything right now to check if that solves it, is there anything else I can tweak or check?

Cheers

Win 10 Pro - 1903 - 18362.175

:)

AvriWG, Jun 19, 2019

2. Unable to access internet with certain programs

I have a Compaq Presario CQ62 running Windows 10. I am unable to access the internet with a couple programs. I downloaded the update from Windows 7 to 10. Everything runs fine but HP's support program and Print Shop V22.

I googled the problem and tried some of the suggestions listed, but I still can't access the internet. I am using Firefox and it connects fine along with Norton Internet Security. Any suggestions?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Ease of access]

JamesWiker, Jun 19, 2019
  3. Gaming and Random Crashes.

Hi,

After some research and failing to find any solution i`ve decided to find help, have a gaming laptop (don`t judge me) and it used to work pretty well, until the latest Witcher expansion, i would be gettting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION everytime i tried to start the game, some driver updates later and now i`m randomly getting the same BSOD so far i've tried.

• Updating GPU Driver.
    • DDU the Drivers and do a clean install.
    • running sfc/scannow

Unfortunately my internet time is limited and i couldn`t find any more steps.

Any help would be appreciatted, and sorry for the bad english.

BeardedBrazilia, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

Window 10 update has blocked some programs access to the internet.

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

The programs may not able to access the Internet due to an issue with the Windows Sockets API which is a technical specification that defines how the Windows Network software should access the network services, especially TCP/IP.

Please follow the below steps to perform a Winsock reset:

1. Right click on the Windows icon at the bottom left corner of your screen.
    2. Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    3. Type ‘netsh winsock reset’ and press enter.
    4. Restart the system and check if the programs are able to access the internet.

You can also follow the steps in this
    article
    to fix the network connection issues in Windows.

Hope it helps.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Programs randomly don't have internet access after update - Similar Threads - Programs randomly don't

2. Lost internet randomly, have access momentarily after restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost internet randomly, have access momentarily after restarting: So, I randomly lost internet connection yesterday. I’ve tried a plethora of thing while troubleshooting, change dns, refresh dns, a whole host of commands in command prompt, reinstalling drivers, static IP, etc. It says I have internet connection in settings, and I have...
  3. Lost internet randomly, have access momentarily after restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost internet randomly, have access momentarily after restarting: So, I randomly lost internet connection yesterday. I’ve tried a plethora of thing while troubleshooting, change dns, refresh dns, a whole host of commands in command prompt, reinstalling drivers, static IP, etc. It says I have internet connection in settings, and I have...
  4. I have internet but my programs don't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have internet but my programs don't: Good morningI've been out without touching my computer for some months, and when i came back almost nothing was working anymore.Steam was installed, so i tried to login, steam updated and it worked.Battle.net wasn't installed. Tried downloading the .exe, and it worked.When i...
  5. I have internet but my programs don't

I have internet but my programs don't: Good morningI've been out without touching my computer for some months, and when i came back almost nothing was working anymore.Steam was installed, so i tried to login, steam updated and it worked.Battle.net wasn't installed. Tried downloading the .exe, and it worked.When i...
  6. I have internet but my programs don't

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows show access type is " internet" but don't have internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows show access type is " internet" but don't have internet.: Dear all,I have a non-internet system, but some PCs show as can access internet as below picture:But this PC cannot access internet, I try to Ping 8.8.8.8 but cannot This system should not be connected to internet. when I try to restart this PC, It show "No Internet Access"...
  8. Windows show access type is " internet" but don't have internet.

Windows show access type is " internet" but don't have internet.: Dear all,I have a non-internet system, but some PCs show as can access internet as below picture:But this PC cannot access internet, I try to Ping 8.8.8.8 but cannot This system should not be connected to internet. when I try to restart this PC, It show "No Internet Access"...
  9. Windows show access type is " internet" but don't have internet.

10. Have internet access, but some programs don't think I'm online

Have internet access, but some programs don't think I'm online: I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v1909, and I went to update Origin, and it keeps saying I don't have internet access, but I do, if I managed to connect to this site and type this message. I was even playing WoW online while trying to figure this out. Windows 10 says "No...