Windows 10: Programs restarting in background processes of task manager

Discus and support Programs restarting in background processes of task manager in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have many programs restart in the background processes of task manager. I close them out, and after a while they are there again. I do not know why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RobertScheff, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Programs restarting in background processes of task manager

I have many programs restart in the background processes of task manager. I close them out, and after a while they are there again. I do not know why these programs are running in the background, and why they are returning. These are some of them that keep coming back

Settings

Weather

Photos

Movies & TV

I keep removing them by using the "End Task" and they seem to return for no reason.

:)

RobertScheff, Nov 6, 2019
  2. Davidk03 Win User

Program running a background process?

I'm running Corel Video Studio 2018, and it's updates function shows characteristics of a background process:

- the program has an auto check daily plus a manual option for updates

- manually checked, presented with an option of downloading an update and Ok'd, evidence of any activity vanishes from the program workspace, yet the connected internet modem activity light begins running hot as the download happens

- it's repeatable over several up-date cycles

The evidence seems to suggest a background activity - whilst the program/PC is free to use for other things. Several software packages do this.

However, a check in task manager/processes, show all, does not display any info of a related background process for any Corel or Video Studio program. If a background process is being used by the software, MUST it be listed in the task manager/processes
    list?

Platform is windows 7 home sp1 64bit plus the important patches.

Davidk03, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Davidk03 Win User
    Program running a background process?

There's no updating "process" (using that term for both a process and a service that runs background) for video studio showing using

- Task Manager/processes

- msconfig/services

- msconfig/startup

So I guess there isn't one.

The question tho wasn't "is there one running" (I'd already checked that for task manager at least and reported so in the 1st post), but whether by specification if a vendor was to run one, it must appear in the list.

Ergo, not listed = not being run.

Next stop on my diagnosis path is to check scheduling.

Davidk03, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Programs restarting in background processes of task manager

Open a running program

Hi,

Which program are you referring to?

If Windows states that the program but can't see it, then I would suggest you check in the task manager if the program is running in the background. Right click on the start menu and select "Task manager" and check if the process is listed in the processes
    that are running currently. If yes, right click on the program and click on "End task" to end the process completely. Now restart the PC and try launching the program. If the issue persists, get back to us with the name of the application that you are trying
    to use so that we can check suggest accordingly.

Bennet Martin, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Programs restarting in background processes of task manager

1. Programs restarting in background processes of task manager - Similar Threads - Programs restarting background

2. "Task Manager" processes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Task Manager" processes: More of a question of curiosity than an issue ATM. I hope I chose the correct place to post.A few details before I proceed, if needed. I have a Dell Optiplex 3130 that came with Windows 7 Pro, I've upgraded to windows 10 Pro. All updates are current as of two or three days...
  3. "Task Manager" processes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Task Manager" processes: More of a question of curiosity than an issue ATM. I hope I chose the correct place to post.A few details before I proceed, if needed. I have a Dell Optiplex 3130 that came with Windows 7 Pro, I've upgraded to windows 10 Pro. All updates are current as of two or three days...
  4. Task Manager Processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Processes: I was cleaning up processed in Task Manager and must have deleted something I shouldn't have. The appearance of the text in emails and web pages don't look as good. They don't look as crisp and the lines aren't all solid. I'm not sure what to do?...
  5. Task Manager Processes

Task Manager Processes: I was cleaning up processed in Task Manager and must have deleted something I shouldn't have. The appearance of the text in emails and web pages don't look as good. They don't look as crisp and the lines aren't all solid. I'm not sure what to do?...
  6. Task Manager Processes

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. task manager processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task manager processes: I was going through my task manager and suddenly I saw a process which had Microsoft icon four coloured boxes .it suddenly disappeared. I want to know that which process was that because I have never seen it before....
  8. task manager processes

task manager processes: I was going through my task manager and suddenly I saw a process which had Microsoft icon four coloured boxes .it suddenly disappeared. I want to know that which process was that because I have never seen it before....
  9. Processes / Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Processes / Task Manager: i have approximately 150-170 processes in task manager every time i open my laptop, is this normal or not ? and my laptop often get hot when i do simpel task like browsing is there any setting that microsoft can do to reduce the processes in task manager? [ATTACH]...
  10. "Start" background process in Task Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Start" background process in Task Manager: Can someone tell what is this background process called "Start", it keeps popping up every time I end it... is it safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-background-process-in-task-manager/1702dbe8-3afe-4be3-a426-5d9ae347d506"