Windows 10: Programs running 32 bit mode on windows 10 64 bit

Discus and support Programs running 32 bit mode on windows 10 64 bit in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all, I was forced to do a fresh install of windows 10 since I changed my SSD. I used the media creation tool to get win10 version 22H2 that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Daniel Rivera O, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Programs running 32 bit mode on windows 10 64 bit

Hello all, I was forced to do a fresh install of windows 10 since I changed my SSD. I used the media creation tool to get win10 version 22H2 that is running 64 bit. Nothing else in my hardware or bios configuration was changed whatsoever. Just popped out old ssd and installed windows with a bootable USB.Several apps seem to have "detected" that my system is 32 bits and are running in that mode. Note that programs with a different executable for 64 bit are indeed running 64 bit. The problem are apps that have one installer and "detect" the system architecture wrong. Games specially have troub

:)

Daniel Rivera O, Jan 23, 2023
  2. Ubrales1 Win User

Windows 10 64-bit but almost every program is running 32-bit

32-bit programs will run in 32-bit mode whether or not the OS is 32-bit or 64-bit.

Very few programs are 64-bit. And, 64-bit programs will run in 64-bit mode on a 64-bit OS.

Ubrales

Ubrales1, Jan 23, 2023
  3. Windows 10 64-bit but almost every program is running 32-bit

Hi Gary,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

As you have a query on why the programs run in 32 bit when you have a 64 bit of Windows 10 installed. We need to install 64 bit application to run those in 64 bit processing set. If you install 32 bit applications it will run on 32 bit mode even if
    you have a 64 bit Operating system installed.

Let us know if you have installed any 64 bit program and it doesn't show in c:\Program Files folder.

Try installing 64 bit applications and let us know if it runs in 32 bit mode.

Hope I have answered your query, if not please let us know to assist you better.

Ravinath P, Jan 23, 2023
  4. slance310 Win User

Programs running 32 bit mode on windows 10 64 bit

32 bit program running on 64 bit computer

Hi,

There should be no problem running a 32 bit program on a 64 bit machine...

You may need to right click on the programs installer or Application\.exe file and set it's compatibility mode... Just select properties and you will see it.

One potential problem... Windows 8 and higher x64 will not run a 16 bit program...

So even though your Adobe Type Twister runs on 32 bit machines, it may be a 16 bit program that is now basically useless on the newer 64 bit OS's...

I know nothing about this program, and have not been able to find much about it, but my guess based on it's age is that it is 16 bit...

slance310, Jan 23, 2023
Thema:

Programs running 32 bit mode on windows 10 64 bit

1. Programs running 32 bit mode on windows 10 64 bit - Similar Threads - Programs running bit

2. Windows 10 64-bit but almost every program is running 32-bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 64-bit but almost every program is running 32-bit: I have Window 10, 64-bit, but when I download some programs, such as the Chrome browser, they are 32-bit, and there are other programs that are 64-bit properly....
  3. Windows 10 64-bit but almost every program is running 32-bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 64-bit but almost every program is running 32-bit: I have Window 10, 64-bit, but when I download some programs, such as the Chrome browser, they are 32-bit, and there are other programs that are 64-bit properly....
  4. Programs running 32 bit mode on windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs running 32 bit mode on windows 10 64 bit: Hello all, I was forced to do a fresh install of windows 10 since I changed my SSD. I used the media creation tool to get win10 version 22H2 that is running 64 bit. Nothing else in my hardware or bios configuration was changed whatsoever. Just popped out old ssd and installed...
  5. Programs running 32 bit mode on windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs running 32 bit mode on windows 10 64 bit: Hello all, I was forced to do a fresh install of windows 10 since I changed my SSD. I used the media creation tool to get win10 version 22H2 that is running 64 bit. Nothing else in my hardware or bios configuration was changed whatsoever. Just popped out old ssd and installed...
  6. 64-bit Windows 10 Pro but every program is running on 32 bit

in Windows 10 Customization
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro but every program is running on 32 bit: When I mean every, I mean every single program is running on 32-bit, and I am tired of it. Spotify, Discord, Steam, Lightshot and even any game I try to boot up is listed as 32-bit in the task manager.So, this all started back in June when I was messing around with Nvidia...
  7. 64-bit Windows 10 Pro but every program is running on 32 bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro but every program is running on 32 bit: When I mean every, I mean every single program is running on 32-bit, and I am tired of it. Spotify, Discord, Steam, Lightshot and even any game I try to boot up is listed as 32-bit in the task manager.So, this all started back in June when I was messing around with Nvidia...
  8. 64-bit Windows 10 Pro but every program is running on 32 bit

9. Install/Run 32-bit program on Windows 10 64-bit

Install/Run 32-bit program on Windows 10 64-bit: Hi. I have an old 32-bit drafting program that I would like to install and run on my Windows 10 64-bit Surface Pro. Is it possible - if so, how do I do it or what can I try?...
  10. 32 bit program not running on Windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Customization
    32 bit program not running on Windows 10 64 bit: I have a program that I am trying to run on Windows 10, but it says it just run on a 32bit version navigator. Any suggestion on what to do?...