Windows 10: Programs running after PC shutdown and startup.

Discus and support Programs running after PC shutdown and startup. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I shutdown by closing all programs/windows, and then powering down by pushing the Start button and selecting Power / Shutdown. When I power back up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LynnLockler, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Programs running after PC shutdown and startup.

I shutdown by closing all programs/windows, and then powering down by pushing the Start button and selecting Power / Shutdown. When I power back up and open any Windows program usually Yahoo Email, several of the programs running before shutdown pop back open again with no input from me. Can anyone help? Norton says no programs are enabled to startup automatically.

:)

LynnLockler, Oct 18, 2020

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Oct 18, 2020
  3. sachind1 Win User
    script running on Startup and Shutdown of System is not working

Steps

• Open a run box
    • type in "gpedit.msc"
    • Expand Computer Configuration
    • Expand Windows Settings
    • Select Scripts (Startup/Shutdown)
    • Double click Startup
    • Click Show Files and copy/paste your file in to this folder
    • Click the Add button on the startup properties
    • Click Browse and double click on your script to choose it.
    • "OK" out of all windows to apply the new settings.
    I am generally Giving Path of My python to the startup and shutdown as steps given above

sachind1, Oct 18, 2020
  4. sachind1 Win User

Programs running after PC shutdown and startup.

script running on Startup and Shutdown of System is not working

I want to run a python script on startup and shutdown of System . I am Using Windows 7 . I follows the steps given by Microsoft to run a script on startup and shutdown but that's not working in my case . Can we run a python script on startup or Only .bat
    file can be run ?

sachind1, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Programs running after PC shutdown and startup.

1. Programs running after PC shutdown and startup. - Similar Threads - Programs running shutdown

2. There is a app call "Program" running on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is a app call "Program" running on startup: I noticed I had this app called "Program" Running on startupI also noticed, it's publisher was unknown, and I can't seem to find its file location. Was wondering if anyone thinks I should disable it from startup?-Thanks Ryder Jennewine**edit** i sent in replies the pictures...
  3. How to run a program on startup silently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run a program on startup silently?: I'm a Windows user and currently, I'm having a problem here. So I want to run some programs on startup so I can save a few clicks but I also want it to run in the background instead of running on screen so it won't disturb my work, can someone help me?I'm using Windows 8.1...
  4. PC still running after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    PC still running after shutdown: Good day My windows version number is 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1110) Occasionally on shutdown my pc is still running with lights and power still going. My monitor switches off properly. I did read that fast boot does sometimes cause these issues but since this is an intermittent...
  5. Run a program at startup

Run a program at startup: Greetings, I already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers. I would like to have a command script (.cmd) run automatically, making sure: 1. The program doesn't start until the user logs in 2. The program doesn't start for other users I thought I could use this startup...
  6. Program Manager running on shutdown?

in Windows 10 Support
    Program Manager running on shutdown?: The message "Program Manager is still running" pops up on Windows 10, 1909 when shutting down. Since I never saw the words "Program Manager" used in WIndows, I scanned with Windows Defender, and Malwarebytes and both report everything is clean. 155920
  7. Programs still running after shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs still running after shutdown: Hi i bought a new Laptop :(Acer Nitro 5) and when i shut down it from the start menu and open it again after some time I find the same pograms still running I tried this solution: Open start, type: CMD Right click CMD Click Run as administrator At the command...
  8. Laptop shutdown after startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shutdown after startup: So my hp laptop shutdowns after turning it on. I can get it to fully load once in a while but the majority of the time it simply goes to a black screen after startup and powers off. Any suggestions?...
  9. Mysterious Programs Running at Startup

Mysterious Programs Running at Startup: I sporadically get unexpected "need to update" warnings from various programs. Right now, the laptop on which I'm typing this message gave a warning, after waking up from hibernation, from "Auslogics Driver Updater" asserting that several drivers need updating. I don't see...
  10. Intermittent failure to run startup programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Intermittent failure to run startup programs: Apologies if this is posted elsewhere. but I haven't been able to find anything recent about it..... I'm running build 9926 and I find that, intermittently, no startup programs (i.e. programs registered under registry "Run" keys - both HKLM and HKCU - or in Start...