Windows 10: Programs running in background even uf i never opened them

Discus and support Programs running in background even uf i never opened them in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm using a low end pc and i want to have as much power as possible, but programs keep using memory and even cpu when running in background. I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sparkles_the_giraffe, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Programs running in background even uf i never opened them

I'm using a low end pc and i want to have as much power as possible, but programs keep using memory and even cpu when running in background. I tried to stop apps from running in the privacy settings but that does pnly include a few programs and doesn't even stop creative cloud from running in background. Is there any solution?

submitted by /u/Sparkles_the_giraffe
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sparkles_the_giraffe, Feb 26, 2020

2. GPU not idling when program running in background

Whenever there is a program running in background like utorrent, the clock is stuck at 993mhz and the memory at 1500mhz..when I turn it off, the clocks are back to normal...need a fix ..drivers are the latest whql (not 337.5)..clock is measured from zotac firestorm..(use it for fan curve also..works flawlessly)..any suggestions will be appreciated..

ELiTRiGG3R, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Davidk03 Win User
    Program running a background process?

I'm running Corel Video Studio 2018, and it's updates function shows characteristics of a background process:

- the program has an auto check daily plus a manual option for updates

- manually checked, presented with an option of downloading an update and Ok'd, evidence of any activity vanishes from the program workspace, yet the connected internet modem activity light begins running hot as the download happens

- it's repeatable over several up-date cycles

The evidence seems to suggest a background activity - whilst the program/PC is free to use for other things. Several software packages do this.

However, a check in task manager/processes, show all, does not display any info of a related background process for any Corel or Video Studio program. If a background process is being used by the software, MUST it be listed in the task manager/processes
    list?

Platform is windows 7 home sp1 64bit plus the important patches.

Davidk03, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Programs running in background even uf i never opened them

Open a running program

Hi,

Which program are you referring to?

If Windows states that the program but can't see it, then I would suggest you check in the task manager if the program is running in the background. Right click on the start menu and select "Task manager" and check if the process is listed in the processes
    that are running currently. If yes, right click on the program and click on "End task" to end the process completely. Now restart the PC and try launching the program. If the issue persists, get back to us with the name of the application that you are trying
    to use so that we can check suggest accordingly.

Bennet Martin, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

Programs running in background even uf i never opened them

1. Programs running in background even uf i never opened them - Similar Threads - Programs running background

2. Programs opening but crash and get stuck as processes running in background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs opening but crash and get stuck as processes running in background: I've encountered 4 programs crashing on start up and then being stuck as processes that I cannot end and require me to force shut down my computer by holding the power button in order to clear. The programs would be games, being Diablo 4 Beta, Peglin, Destiny 2, and Apex...
  3. Program will open but only run in background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program will open but only run in background: I was trying to help someone with this issue on their computer. The app was working fine until he tried installing a new program, which required him to restart his computer. Once he restarted his computer the app would not open in the foreground. When we try opening the...
  4. Program will open but only run in background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program will open but only run in background: I was trying to help someone with this issue on their computer. The app was working fine until he tried installing a new program, which required him to restart his computer. Once he restarted his computer the app would not open in the foreground. When we try opening the...
  5. Program will open but only run in background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows Apps keep running in the background even when I end them - How to prevent them from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Apps keep running in the background even when I end them - How to prevent them from...: Hi, I am Abdulqadir, and I got a question about Windows 10, it's a bit annoying, and I was trying 3 months to find a way to disable these Background Apps, but they keep restarting, so I posted a question here.It's a little hard to explain, I have Apps running in the...
  7. Windows Apps keep running in the background even when I end them - How to prevent them from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Apps keep running in the background even when I end them - How to prevent them from...: Hi, I am Abdulqadir, and I got a question about Windows 10, it's a bit annoying, and I was trying 3 months to find a way to disable these Background Apps, but they keep restarting, so I posted a question here.It's a little hard to explain, I have Apps running in the...
  8. Windows Apps keep running in the background even when I end them - How to prevent them from...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Games will never open and run in background when checked in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games will never open and run in background when checked in task manager: As said in the title above, whenever I try to open any game, literally any game, idk why but, my mouse cursor just shows that the game is loading but when I wait for a while, it just doesn't open up, I tried a lot of way to fix this issue, like troubleshooting games and I've...
  10. close program running in background

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    close program running in background: when I shut down, where is always a program running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-program-running-in-background/3f614455-a691-49db-ab18-65981ea0cd5f