Windows 10: Programs running in task manager but not appearing on screen

Discus and support Programs running in task manager but not appearing on screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to run opera, but whenever I open it, it doesnt appear on my screen, but it appears on task manager as a background process.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KauDar123, Aug 30, 2020.

1. KauDar123 Win User

Programs running in task manager but not appearing on screen

I'm trying to run opera, but whenever I open it, it doesnt appear on my screen, but it appears on task manager as a background process.

:)

KauDar123, Aug 30, 2020
  2. nenebird Win User

Program would not run although it appears in task manager?

I just had to create a whole new user profile so I could install a program so I could use it. In my regular profile I could not find a way to get this program to run. It would be running in the task manager but not open on my desk top. Weird. A remote support person from the software company could not figure out why. He suggested I create a new user account and install it again. I did and it worked. However, I'm not logged into the user account where I have all my files.

What should I do about this? How do I resolve this problem?

nenebird, Aug 30, 2020
  3. z10556 Win User
    Task Manager not running

I have added a new task to the ones already populated which I suppose were in Win7
    The new task or the present tasks are not running as there is no entry in the history or
    recently run file
    are there other steps necessary to get the new task manager to start up ?

z10556, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Programs running in task manager but not appearing on screen

Windows 10 - Programs run in background (icon in taskbar and task manager) but, don't appear on the screen.

Hi,

Failure to properly run the programs on your device after the recent Windows update can be associated to corrupted system files causing software conflicts. To effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type winver
      in the search bar and press Enter to help you identify.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform a clean boot on your device to eliminate possible software conflicts. To do this, you can follow the steps provided on this

link
    , click on Windows 10 topic to view the appropriate steps.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Programs running in task manager but not appearing on screen

1. Programs running in task manager but not appearing on screen - Similar Threads - Programs running task

2. Program Running in Task Manager But Not Displaying or on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program Running in Task Manager But Not Displaying or on Taskbar: Hi,I'm trying to run an application on a new Windows 11 machine with x64 architecture, but when I run it, it fails to display on the taskbar or the screen even though it is running according to Task Manager. When starting the application, it prompts me for access to make...
  3. Program Running in Task Manager But Not Displaying or on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Running in Task Manager But Not Displaying or on Taskbar: Hi,I'm trying to run an application on a new Windows 11 machine with x64 architecture, but when I run it, it fails to display on the taskbar or the screen even though it is running according to Task Manager. When starting the application, it prompts me for access to make...
  4. No programs appearing in Startup setting page or in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    No programs appearing in Startup setting page or in Task Manager: Not a single program appears in the Startup setting page or in Task Manager. I can still edit the little sorting tool for programs name, status, startup impact I've done a fresh reset of windows deleting all of my programs but keeping files. I've updated all drivers and...
  5. "Program is already Running on this computer" but it isnt running on Task Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Program is already Running on this computer" but it isnt running on Task Manager: Hi, i been having error with some programs... Featuring Twitch & Steam I try opening them and they wouldnt open. so i went with uninstalling them and re-installing. i know how this works but when i went to re-install, i get a message saying "[program] is already running on...
  6. What is this: "Program" running in task Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this: "Program" running in task Manager: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PsychedelicPistachio [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/en91f0/what_is_this/
  7. Program appears on the task bar but not on the screen.

Program appears on the task bar but not on the screen.: I have program Voice Metter Banana and it used to work but one day it stop showing when i click on it on task bar. I searched forums and find some tips like maybe its 1px*1px so i should try to maximize the window but this program does not support this feature could any...
  8. Programs are going to "suspended" in Task Manager. Eventually run

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs are going to "suspended" in Task Manager. Eventually run: Did a search but did not find anything recent. Since the last update or two, random programs (usually older ones) will not immediately run but will come up in task manager first in suspended mode. They will eventually run after a minute, usually in a rush with all instances...
  9. Strange Unknown Programs Running in Task Manager!!

Strange Unknown Programs Running in Task Manager!!: Since earlier today I have noticed two strange processes running in my Task Manager and it has made me quite worried as I have never seen these tasks before and am unable to find any information regarding them only and was wondering if anyone could help me identify what they...
  10. Program would not run although it appears in task manager?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program would not run although it appears in task manager?: I just had to create a whole new user profile so I could install a program so I could use it. In my regular profile I could not find a way to get this program to run. It would be running in the task manager but not open on my desk top. Weird. A remote support person from the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. anytime i open an app it shows in task manager but not desktop

2. when I run a program it appears in the task manager only

3. Program running in task manager but not opening Windows 10