Windows 10: Programs shutting down

Discus and support Programs shutting down in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows 10 keeps closing all of my programs and the white Windows 10 box keeps popping up asking to shut down. I can't play anything in VLC for more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HeatherLive, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Programs shutting down

My Windows 10 keeps closing all of my programs and the white Windows 10 box keeps popping up asking to shut down. I can't play anything in VLC for more than 5-10 minutes before it all shuts down. Same with Chrome and other programs.

One store said it was a bad harddrive and replaced it but less than 2 months later it's doing again. How do I fix this???

:)

HeatherLive, Jun 8, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Computer in sleep mode shuts down open programs

When your computer is in hibernate mode, does all your programs have been shut off or closed? May we know what's the specific program that you use? Let's try to reset Power schemes. Please follow the steps below:

• Right on Start button, > select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below:
    powercfg -restoredefaultschemes

• When finished, close the command prompt then reboot your PC.

Keep us updated with results.

Carlo Fer, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Programs shutting down

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Programs shutting down

1. Programs shutting down - Similar Threads - Programs shutting down

2. Laptop won't shut down or open programs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won't shut down or open programs: I cant seem to shut down or restart my laptop, and programs won't open when I click them. But this only after the laptop has been powered on for a few seconds. Another problem is that once I can't open programs I also can't search anything on the internet. I can't seem to...
  3. Laptop won't shut down or open programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't shut down or open programs: I cant seem to shut down or restart my laptop, and programs won't open when I click them. But this only after the laptop has been powered on for a few seconds. Another problem is that once I can't open programs I also can't search anything on the internet. I can't seem to...
  4. Laptop won't shut down or open programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Program Manager is causing Windows to no shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program Manager is causing Windows to no shut down: About 50% of the time lately when I am shutting down my PC I get a message that Program Manager is preventing Windows shutting down. I always click on Shutdown Anyway. What is causing this issue?...
  6. Program Manager is causing Windows to no shut down

Program Manager is causing Windows to no shut down: About 50% of the time lately when I am shutting down my PC I get a message that Program Manager is preventing Windows shutting down. I always click on Shutdown Anyway. What is causing this issue?...
  7. Program refusing to shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program refusing to shut down: Good afternoon,Recently Windows 11 has been installed over Windows 10 on my laptop and unfortunately I am left with a problem whereby I cannot get a photo viewer Breezebrowser to shut down. Also, Windows 11 is not responding to rolling back to Windows 10 or shutting down.I...
  8. Program refusing to shut down

Program refusing to shut down: Good afternoon,Recently Windows 11 has been installed over Windows 10 on my laptop and unfortunately I am left with a problem whereby I cannot get a photo viewer Breezebrowser to shut down. Also, Windows 11 is not responding to rolling back to Windows 10 or shutting down.I...
  9. How to shut down a program that will not terminate.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to shut down a program that will not terminate.: I have a Sked Program on windows like use c:\mypathtoIE\iexpore.exe and http://mydomain.com/mypage.htmit runs fine.. but the IE will not shut down after its run and stays running... I have the Sked pgm set to terminate the program if running when time for the next on.. but it...
  10. Program Manager is preventing shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Program Manager is preventing shut down: Hi,I have a company owned Laptop with windows 10 in it.Yesterday I ran few updates and since then qhile shutting down my laptop,I am getting the error "Program Manager is preventing shut down" with a cancel and shut down anyway button.Can anyone let me know why this happens?...