Windows 10: programs start on startup because they were running while windows was shut down

Discus and support programs start on startup because they were running while windows was shut down in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; how do i prevent this? programs start on startup because they were running while windows was shut down. they are not in my startup folder or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/freakedenough, May 25, 2020.

1. programs start on startup because they were running while windows was shut down

how do i prevent this? programs start on startup because they were running while windows was shut down. they are not in my startup folder or something...this is annoying.

submitted by /u/freakedenough
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/freakedenough, May 25, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 25, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 25, 2020
  4. Avedis53 Win User

programs start on startup because they were running while windows was shut down

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I have GPU-Z 0.8.0 and Windows 8.1. I also have a G 15 keyboard running LCDSirReal. My goal is to get temperatures for my two 980 GTX graphics cards to display on the keyboard's LCD screen. I am also running CoreTemp.

I have the Logitech Gaming Software set up to start when Windows starts up. LCDSirReal and CoreTemp are also starting up when Windows starts and CoreTemp is properly displaying cpu temperatures on the G 15 LCD after startup of Windows.

For the life of me, I can't get GPU-Z to start up when Windows starts up. I have to start GPU-Z each time after Windows starts to get it to display on my G 15 keyboard.

Is there a way to get GPU-Z to start up when Windows starts? I've uninstalled GPU-Z and reinstalled it but that didn't help. The GPU-Z.exe file is located at C:/Program Files(x86) and the GPU-Z shortcut is on the desktop as well as in C:/Users/Avedis53/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs.

Under "Properties" for the shortcut located in the Start Menu/Programs location, I have it set to run "Minimized", "Run this program as an administrator" is checked and I'm running GPU-Z in Windows 8 Compatibility Mode.

I've tried creating a basic task for GPU-Z startup under the Task Scheduler. I set the trigger to "At system startup" and pointed it at the GPU-Z.exe file in Programs (x86). When I reboot that didn't work either. When I reboot my computer and check the Task Manager under the "Startup" tab, I do not see GPU-Z listed. Also, in the Task Scheduler, it indicates that GPU-Z's status is "Ready" not "Running" and the last run time is showing "Never".

Does anyone have other suggestions to try? I'm out of ideas.

Avedis53, May 25, 2020
Thema:

programs start on startup because they were running while windows was shut down

1. programs start on startup because they were running while windows was shut down - Similar Threads - programs start startup

2. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...: I have 64 bit Windows 10 Home installed on my PC. The problems are:- Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting consistently It wasn't happening with my previous install of 64 bit Windows 10 Home just a few days ago- This time the PC shut itself down on the Windows logo...
  3. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...: I have 64 bit Windows 10 Home installed on my PC. The problems are:- Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting consistently It wasn't happening with my previous install of 64 bit Windows 10 Home just a few days ago- This time the PC shut itself down on the Windows logo...
  4. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer Randomly Shuts Down While Running a Game.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Randomly Shuts Down While Running a Game.: Hey guys I'm having aweird that was not present when I first built the pc. I have done multiplethings and have purchased new parts but nothing seems to have worked. Parts are - MOB: Gigabyte b365m DS3H New Purchase Processor: i5-9400F @ 2.90GHz Ram: 2x8 16GB DDR4 Corsair...
  6. Apps that were open before shutting down are reopening on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps that were open before shutting down are reopening on startup: I'm running Windows 10 Education 1909 Build 18363.1082. I did not change any settings recently and this started happening a couple of days ago. I suspect one of the many background updates did it. I always shut down my PC with apps open. I don't want apps to be "saved" and...
  7. Cannot shut down because task still running

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot shut down because task still running: I cannot shut down because task manager shows \language component installer\ installation still running. How do I fix this please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-shut-down-because-task-still-running/6f1b22f8-38b2-4f50-85ed-731127499601
  8. Windows keep shutting down randomly while games run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keep shutting down randomly while games run: For some reason starting two nights ago 6/13/2020 I ran into an issue where any time I booted a game and played it, my computer would suddenly shut down. The time period between boot and shutoff is completely inconsistent, and reinstalling my graphics card drivers seem to not...
  9. Programs shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs shutting down: My Windows 10 keeps closing all of my programs and the white Windows 10 box keeps popping up asking to shut down. I can't play anything in VLC for more than 5-10 minutes before it all shuts down. Same with Chrome and other programs. One store said it was a bad harddrive and...
  10. Windows shuts down on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows shuts down on startup: Hi guys, I really need some help about this: I was using my laptop this afternoon and it suddenly shuts down without a warning. Then I tried to start it again and it just shuts down while entering the login password. This happened like 3 or 4 times in a row. After this I...