Windows 10: Programs start very slow

Discus and support Programs start very slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have weird problem with my windows 10 computer and I don't know what to try anymore. I recently upgraded my system, I have RTX2080, i9-9900ks,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Iiro Järveläinen, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Programs start very slow

I have weird problem with my windows 10 computer and I don't know what to try anymore. I recently upgraded my system, I have RTX2080, i9-9900ks, m2.ssd, corsair 1000w psu, G.skill DDR4 32gb, so components are good. All worked like a dream about a month, but now my computer has these slow downs. Most programs and games start super slow. Usually I booted up any program or game in matter of seconds, but now even simple programs might load minutes to boot up. And when the game or program finally starts, it works well, only boot up takes ages. I also play vr games, and it affects also those.

I had this exact same problem with my old system, that is one reason why I upgraded, but now the problem came back. Any suggestions I could try?

:)

Iiro Järveläinen, Nov 26, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 26, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Slow Computer Start-Up

That's fairly normal. List your boyfriends hardware and well see what else might be causing it

Its probably programs, toolbars, cluttered registry and a slow drive

Programs start very slow Capture077483.jpg

Jetster, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Programs start very slow

EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Programs start very slow

1. Programs start very slow - Similar Threads - Programs start very

2. installating programs is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installating programs is very slow: hello,I recently have problems with my PCeverything worked fine except 2 days ago I notice that installing programs are very slow althrough I use an pcie 4.0 ssdalso games freezes after a few secondswhat I tried was:update my graphics cardreinstalling windows 11did memory...
  3. installating programs is very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installating programs is very slow: hello,I recently have problems with my PCeverything worked fine except 2 days ago I notice that installing programs are very slow althrough I use an pcie 4.0 ssdalso games freezes after a few secondswhat I tried was:update my graphics cardreinstalling windows 11did memory...
  4. Very slow start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very slow start up: I installed Microsoft Teams but couldn't get going with it so uninstalled it. Now, when I power up it takes 10 minutes with the CPU light permanently on and a message saying re-enter my login details. Clicking ok does nothing but CtrlAltDel eventually releases the screen...
  5. Very slow start up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Very slow start up: I installed Microsoft Teams but couldn't get going with it so uninstalled it. Now, when I power up it takes 10 minutes with the CPU light permanently on and a message saying re-enter my login details. Clicking ok does nothing but CtrlAltDel eventually releases the screen...
  6. A very slow start-up

A very slow start-up: Hi, The booting is long(more than 5 Minuit) and resetting Windows didn't correct the problem. I appreciate if someone could help me. With my best regards. Shams https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-very-slow-start-up/e7dea95b-2283-479c-b75e-888ca2a24800
  7. Very slow start up

Very slow start up: Could some please check this and see if there is anything I can uncheck that will help speedup bootup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-slow-start-up/127f2e9a-8e6f-4748-b93f-9e36a3ced0af
  8. Loading programs is very slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Loading programs is very slow: My laptop is about a year old and it recently started this problem where any program I click to load takes about a minute or so to start. Even clicking the start button takes a while. Once the program finishes loading its usually fine. I've gone through everything I can...
  9. Loading programs is very slow

in Windows 10 Support
    Loading programs is very slow: My laptop is about a year old and it recently started this problem where any program I click to load takes about a minute or so to start. Even clicking the start button takes a while. Once the program finishes loading its usually fine. I've gone through everything I can...
  10. Very slow start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Very slow start up: Hi, my laptop is really slow to start up yet the system shows plenty of memory available. I've cleared temp files. any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-slow-start-up/6fedcb5c-0020-4648-bff7-5c876ea79f8b