Windows 10: Programs startup delay

Discus and support Programs startup delay in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I had this big problem that is bothering me for a while and started a while back where when I click on a program, it takes 5 to 10 minutes to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jonathanpecany, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Programs startup delay

So I had this big problem that is bothering me for a while and started a while back where when I click on a program, it takes 5 to 10 minutes to start...why is it doing this because it is bothering me a lot and I need it to stop doing it because of how much it is bothering me.

Windows: Windows 10

Ram: 8 GBs

And that is all the information I can give.

:)

jonathanpecany, Jan 6, 2019
  2. CAT
    cat Win User

How to delay starting programs at Windows startup?

I have the following in a batch file in C:\Users\cat\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup:

To start Steam with a 30 second delay, in place of just Steam.lnk that starts it right away.

This does not work, for Steam, or for other programs, with other time delays.

How do I delay startup applications with a script?

I'd rather not download another application to do this, like this question (which also suggests many broken links and non-FOSS programs) suggests.

3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 6, 2019
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Programs startup delay

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

Programs startup delay

1. Programs startup delay - Similar Threads - Programs startup delay

2. Any way to remove the long delay for startup programs in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Any way to remove the long delay for startup programs in Windows 10?: When a user logs in we have it set to automatically open up our intranet home page. However there's a 12+ second delay from the moment they user logs in and sees the desktop to Edge actually opening. It may not sound like a lot but when the user is sitting waiting it's enough...
  3. Any way to remove the long delay for startup programs in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to remove the long delay for startup programs in Windows 10?: When a user logs in we have it set to automatically open up our intranet home page. However there's a 12+ second delay from the moment they user logs in and sees the desktop to Edge actually opening. It may not sound like a lot but when the user is sitting waiting it's enough...
  4. Any way to remove the long delay for startup programs in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. delay start programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delay start programs: I need to know how to launch a program after 5 minutes of double clicking / opening it. eg: once i click open excel. i want it to open after 5 minutes.Thank you kind peoples...
  6. delay start programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    delay start programs: I need to know how to launch a program after 5 minutes of double clicking / opening it. eg: once i click open excel. i want it to open after 5 minutes.Thank you kind peoples...
  7. Delayed wifi connection on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delayed wifi connection on startup: I had posted this question a couple times before but was never solved until now. I wanted to share with others what finally solved the problem for me. I had a delayed wifi connection on startup where it used to connect instantly but then suddenly started taking a minute or...
  8. Delayed wifi connection on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delayed wifi connection on startup: I had posted this question a couple times before but was never solved until now. I wanted to share with others what finally solved the problem for me. I had a delayed wifi connection on startup where it used to connect instantly but then suddenly started taking a minute or...
  9. Delayed wifi connection on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Delayed wifi connection on startup: My wifi used to connect almost instantly on startup. Recently it has started taking 1 min after startup before it will connect automatically. It can connect instantly manually by either unchecking and checking "connect automatically" or by hitting "connect". It just wont do...
  10. App Startup Delay

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App Startup Delay: Hey All, I have had a strange issue ever since updating to 2004. Most apps that I open have around a ~10 sec delay before they open. I have checked the task manager and event logs but I can't seem to find anything related to this issue. The app doesn't even appear in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windoows 10 programs delay program start

2. programs start up delay

3. how to delay startup apps windows 10

4. delay program start in win 10