Windows 10: Programs still running after shutdown

Discus and support Programs still running after shutdown in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi i bought a new Laptop :(Acer Nitro 5) and when i shut down it from the start menu and open it again after some time I find the same pograms still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by omran malek, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Programs still running after shutdown

Hi i bought a new Laptop Programs still running after shutdown :(Acer Nitro 5)

and when i shut down it from the start menu and open it again after some time I find the same pograms still running

I tried this solution:

Open start, type: CMD

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type: shutdown -s -t 01

and it works but not every time I want to shut it down I will do this

So what should I do ?

:)

omran malek, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Programs still running after shutdown

1. Programs still running after shutdown - Similar Threads - Programs still running

2. program not running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    program not running: I have installed a program from eleksmaker (laser engraver) this program works well on my old computer but I've a second computer with win10 home on it but this program will not run on the new computer even after several download attempts. I have tried for over two days to...
  3. Running program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running program: unable to run a program due to denovu drive error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-program/8fa3a698-fdf0-4898-93eb-8f93fc203aa5
  4. Windows doesn't reliably reopen programs after a shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows doesn't reliably reopen programs after a shutdown: So I started leaving two Chrome windows open, plus a few other things when I shutdown the PC every night, so they reopen the next day and I can continue where I left off. So far it has happened at least 3 times that Windows 10 reopened only spotify and stickies and not...
  5. Lights still on after shutdown + Monitor going to sleep after turning back on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lights still on after shutdown + Monitor going to sleep after turning back on: I turned my computer off and my lights were still on for many hours after disconnecting the power source. (power strip) After turning everything back on, my monitor kept saying "no signal" and going into sleep mode. Is there any way to fix this? What's wrong with my...
  6. unknown program preventing shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unknown program preventing shutdown: this program is preventing my every shutdown for quite some time now. i have already checked the control panel : programs and the startup page in task manager, to get rid of programs and apps i dont need. In the task manager Startup tab, there are all normal processes you'd...
  7. Update and Shutdown Still Updates on Boot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update and Shutdown Still Updates on Boot: I manage several PC's in an office environment and staff have been complaining that their PC's are taking 10-15 minutes in the morning to update after they chose the "update and shutdown" option the night before, Is there any way to ensure this does not happen? 79930
  8. Program that runs a program in a window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program that runs a program in a window: Basically is there a program that will only run other programs in its window? I have a few programs that popup all the time but have poor or wonky support so I'd like to keep them minimized. Autohot key is not working BTW and most command lines are only for the first run not...
  9. Why are my mapped programs disappearing after server shutdown ??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are my mapped programs disappearing after server shutdown ??: Hi all, I've got an issue with one windows 10 pc which is connected to a server. On this pc are shortcuts to a program which runs from a mapped drive. The program will only run from a mapped location and will not recognise unc paths. This server has to be shutdown every...
  10. programs not running...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    programs not running...: Friends came over... wanted to show them the Windows 10 beta I am running. When i click on the start icon, nothing. When I click on IE-11 nothing. Yet when I click on File-explorer or FireFox there isn't a problem. I have rebooted and shut-down several time. Yet no...