Windows 10: Programs still running after shutdown

Discus and support Programs still running after shutdown in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi i bought a new Laptop :(Acer Nitro 5) and when i shut down it from the start menu and open it again after some time I find the same pograms still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by omran malek, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Programs still running after shutdown

Hi i bought a new Laptop Programs still running after shutdown :(Acer Nitro 5)

and when i shut down it from the start menu and open it again after some time I find the same pograms still running

I tried this solution:

Open start, type: CMD

Right click CMD

Click Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type: shutdown -s -t 01

and it works but not every time I want to shut it down I will do this

So what should I do ?

:)

omran malek, Aug 4, 2019

2. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Sep 29, 2019
  3. sachind1 Win User
    script running on Startup and Shutdown of System is not working

Steps

• Open a run box
    • type in "gpedit.msc"
    • Expand Computer Configuration
    • Expand Windows Settings
    • Select Scripts (Startup/Shutdown)
    • Double click Startup
    • Click Show Files and copy/paste your file in to this folder
    • Click the Add button on the startup properties
    • Click Browse and double click on your script to choose it.
    • "OK" out of all windows to apply the new settings.
    I am generally Giving Path of My python to the startup and shutdown as steps given above

sachind1, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Programs still running after shutdown

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Programs still running after shutdown

1. Programs still running after shutdown - Similar Threads - Programs still running

2. Windows 10 Shutdown Issue - Fans still running

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Shutdown Issue - Fans still running: I have a 10 year old HP Desktop that was already running Windows 10 on a standard HDD thanks to the free upgrade from Windows 7 that I took advantage of a few years ago. I purchased a SATA SSD to help improve the performance of the system, and did a clean install on the SSD...
  3. Windows 10 Shutdown Issue - Fans still running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Shutdown Issue - Fans still running: I have a 10 year old HP Desktop that was already running Windows 10 on a standard HDD thanks to the free upgrade from Windows 7 that I took advantage of a few years ago. I purchased a SATA SSD to help improve the performance of the system, and did a clean install on the SSD...
  4. PC still on after shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC still on after shutdown: PC is still on after shutting down power lights on and fans still running this only just started happening a day after I got a new keyboard, I am not sure if that is what is affecting it but my pc fully shutdown last night when I was using my new keyboard. Everything is up to...
  5. PC still on after shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC still on after shutdown: PC is still on after shutting down power lights on and fans still running this only just started happening a day after I got a new keyboard, I am not sure if that is what is affecting it but my pc fully shutdown last night when I was using my new keyboard. Everything is up to...
  6. PC still running after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    PC still running after shutdown: Good day My windows version number is 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1110) Occasionally on shutdown my pc is still running with lights and power still going. My monitor switches off properly. I did read that fast boot does sometimes cause these issues but since this is an intermittent...
  7. Components still running after shutdown in Dell Inspirion 14 3467

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Components still running after shutdown in Dell Inspirion 14 3467: Hi all,I am seriously in a dilemma for a whole month. My laptop, Dell Inspirion 14 3467 with Windows 10 is behaving very abnormally. The main issue I'm facing is that I can still hear some components inside my laptop even after the shutdown. Here are a few incidents that I'd...
  8. Program Manager running message on shutdown or restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Program Manager running message on shutdown or restart: This has only started in the past week. Program manager??? is running in the background I'm told when trying to shut down or restart. At first it was intermittently and now it's happening more often. I have not installed any new programs and don't know why this is happening....
  9. Programs running after PC shutdown and startup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs running after PC shutdown and startup.: I shutdown by closing all programs/windows, and then powering down by pushing the Start button and selecting Power / Shutdown. When I power back up and open any Windows program usually Yahoo Email, several of the programs running before shutdown pop back open again with no...
  10. Program Manager running on shutdown?

in Windows 10 Support
    Program Manager running on shutdown?: The message "Program Manager is still running" pops up on Windows 10, 1909 when shutting down. Since I never saw the words "Program Manager" used in WIndows, I scanned with Windows Defender, and Malwarebytes and both report everything is clean. 155920

Users found this page by searching for:

1. program still running after shutdown win 10