Windows 10: Programs tabbing / closing by itself

Discus and support Programs tabbing / closing by itself in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I'm having 2 separated problems. One is programs mostly games tabbing out by itself though I can still go back to the window and then another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NapatraKasemsuwan, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Programs tabbing / closing by itself

So I'm having 2 separated problems. One is programs mostly games tabbing out by itself though I can still go back to the window and then another problem is the program closing by itself. The 2nd problem is happening in every program including google chrome. After the program was closed, the sound will still be on so when I'm watching youtube on chrome and it closed by itself, the sound from the video will still be playing. There is also no exact time for the problem to happen. Sometimes the program closes after 10 secs of opening it and sometimes it doesn't happen even after hours of playing. Both doesn't have any error message or any notification. Both programs start to happen after I installed a new SSD. I don't have any antivirus program except from the windows defender. I also have a clip of the 2nd problem https://youtu.be/Nwx4kYCfmmA

:)

NapatraKasemsuwan, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Command line/tab

QUESTION/suggestion:
    * Why not remember the last active tab?
    For example, if you are on tab 2 and close the program, then run it again, for the program to open tab 2 again. But if the -tab X command-line option is used, then the program goes to X tab, regardless of last active tab.

Does that make sense?

3. W1zzard Win User
    Command line/tab

No plans to implement that. Many users (including me) look at tab 1, then click sensors tab 2 quickly and close the app. Expectation is that it will start at tab 1 again.

W1zzard, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Programs tabbing / closing by itself

Close all tabs warning disabled after update KB3116900

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the details.

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys, opens the Run Command.
    • Type inetcpl.cpl and hit Enter.
    • Under General Tab, select Tabs.
    • Select if the Warn me when closing the multiple tabs is
      checked
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Programs tabbing / closing by itself

1. Programs tabbing / closing by itself - Similar Threads - Programs tabbing closing

2. When trying to open program or game, it closes itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to open program or game, it closes itself: Hi, guys! From 4-5 days when I try to open any program or game p.e Visual Studio, IntelliJ or some game, it shows the starting window and then it closes itself and opens folders from the local disks? What could be wrong ? Could the problem be in the HDD ?...
  3. When trying to open program or game, it closes itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When trying to open program or game, it closes itself: Hi, guys! From 4-5 days when I try to open any program or game p.e Visual Studio, IntelliJ or some game, it shows the starting window and then it closes itself and opens folders from the local disks? What could be wrong ? Could the problem be in the HDD ?...
  4. When trying to open program or game, it closes itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. The settings tab keep closing itself while i keep opening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The settings tab keep closing itself while i keep opening?: Well i wanted to change settings but the settings keep closing itselfso when i open settings it just closed itselfDamn i cant open the settings window and i cant change and personalise either so yeah i need HELP!!!Well i tried restarting or shutdown my own pc but it keeps...
  6. The settings tab keep closing itself while i keep opening?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The settings tab keep closing itself while i keep opening?: Well i wanted to change settings but the settings keep closing itselfso when i open settings it just closed itselfDamn i cant open the settings window and i cant change and personalise either so yeah i need HELP!!!Well i tried restarting or shutdown my own pc but it keeps...
  7. Program opens then closes on taskbar by itself Virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Program opens then closes on taskbar by itself Virus?: There's a program that opens on my taskbar, then immediately closes, so fast that I can't tell which program it is. I've checked task manager and it doesn't show any programs open that I'm not using. When the program opens it kicks me out of full screen programs so I'd like...
  8. Accidentally hit “Close Tab” when a program was downloading.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally hit “Close Tab” when a program was downloading.: Hi, I was downloading Visual Studio on Windows 10 when I was dumb and right clicked on the program and hit “Close Tab” as it was downloading. The program in the toolbar turned red. Also, before I clicked the button, the download window that shows the status of the download...
  9. Microsoft Edge keeps closing tabs by itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge keeps closing tabs by itself: Hi, Whenever I try to open Microsoft Edge, It says this page is having a problem loading, and if i try opening a new tab, it closes it automatically, then Microsoft Edge closes itself[ATTACH]...
  10. Programs, Tabs, and Folders will not close

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs, Tabs, and Folders will not close: I have a Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2-1051 that until this weekend was successfully running on Windows 10 upgrade. Suddenly this weekend it refused to add or change tabs in the Google Chrome browser. Tapping the X or + boxes did nothing. Then tapping some links within the browser...