Windows 10: Programs Take a Few Seconds to Start

Discus and support Programs Take a Few Seconds to Start in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Over the past few weeks I've noticed that when I launch programs (no matter what it is) it takes about 5 seconds to appear. For example, I use VLC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ryley2637, Sep 25, 2016.

1. ryley2637 Win User

Programs Take a Few Seconds to Start

Over the past few weeks I've noticed that when I launch programs (no matter what it is) it takes about 5 seconds to appear. For example, I use VLC media player for videos; music; etc. If I launch it (whether just the program or directly via a file) it won't appear for a few seconds. I don't have any performance issues or anything after the program starts; it's like it waits a few seconds before doing anything. I have a 512GB SSD too. I've run disk cleanup; other scans; etc but so far nothing has worked. I'd rather not have to wipe the drive just yet, so do any of you all have any other suggestions as to what could be causing this issue?

:)

ryley2637, Sep 25, 2016

2. Why has my windows 10 PC started over the last few days to take much longer to start up. Have disabled all but a few low impact start up programs

Why has my windows 10 PC started over the last few days to take much longer to start up. Have disabled all but a few low impact start up programs and have not installed any new programs since the up grade. It usually took a mere 25 seconds to load...now
    it takes 80 to 90 seconds...no big deal some would say...but I would like to know why.

FrancisRowley, Sep 25, 2016
  3. Start menu disappears after a few seconds on Windows 10

Hello,

I am running Windows 10 64 bit. Recently I have encountered a problem where when I click the start button in the bottom left hand of the screen, it pops up, but then disappears after a few seconds.

Any help is appreciated,

Tim

tim.karis1, Sep 25, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Sounds like housekeeping and that there may be a back end malware scan going on if you are running any kind of Security Software. What mfg and model is the SSD? Did you disable Prefetch and Superfetch?

bro67, Sep 25, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    I've had problems with delayed starts using VLC on both my PCs. I'm now using the Films & TV app in preference to VLC which is easy to use and starts quickly.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Programs Take a Few Seconds to Start - Similar Threads - Programs Few Seconds

2. Programs either freeze or become extremely slow for a few seconds every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs either freeze or become extremely slow for a few seconds every few seconds.: Recently, my notebook started to have some problems where any program I'm using will either freeze completely not responding for a few seconds or become so slow it's unusable. Started a few days ago and is extremely weird. I can be using youtube and the browser just stops...
  3. Programs either freeze or become extremely slow for a few seconds every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs either freeze or become extremely slow for a few seconds every few seconds.: Recently, my notebook started to have some problems where any program I'm using will either freeze completely not responding for a few seconds or become so slow it's unusable. Started a few days ago and is extremely weird. I can be using youtube and the browser just stops...
  4. csgo takes +- 20 seconds to start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    csgo takes +- 20 seconds to start up: since yesterday i upgraded to windows 11. everything was fine and worked good. then i started up csgo, noticed it took so long to start up. like 20 seconds what was in win10 only like 2/3 seconds. i tryed to reinstal csgo. steam or even today did a clean reinstal of...
  5. csgo takes +- 20 seconds to start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    csgo takes +- 20 seconds to start up: since yesterday i upgraded to windows 11. everything was fine and worked good. then i started up csgo, noticed it took so long to start up. like 20 seconds what was in win10 only like 2/3 seconds. i tryed to reinstal csgo. steam or even today did a clean reinstal of...
  6. Programs crash from a few milliseconds to 10 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs crash from a few milliseconds to 10 seconds: After the last update I had yesterday certain programs open up fine then close after seconds of being open, I get no error codes but I did troubleshoot one program stream labs obs and it tells me there is a compatibility error which I’ve never had before.To start with thought...
  7. Tenebrae crashes a few seconds after it was started

in Windows 10 Support
    Tenebrae crashes a few seconds after it was started: Recently I downloaded tenebrae setup, then ran that setup of course and then the setup created some folder that contains tenebrae.exe, Tenebrae_launch.exe and a folder called "tenebrae". Next to "tenebrae" folder, I created "id1" folder and then I put both pak0.pak and...
  8. Some apps take 6 seconds to start

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some apps take 6 seconds to start: Hi guys, This issue is driving me crazy. Suddenly several apps such as Chrome or Spotify take exactly 6 seconds to run when they used to open instantly a couple days ago (my hard drive is a SSD M2). Funny thing is that this only happens with the admin account, not with other...
  9. Program starts (Chrome, Firefox, Teamspeak) take around 5 seconds of time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Program starts (Chrome, Firefox, Teamspeak) take around 5 seconds of time: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/granatapfel93 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gywq7s/program_starts_chrome_firefox_teamspeak_take/
  10. windows 10 freezing for few seconds to start HDD

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 freezing for few seconds to start HDD: hi i have nvme evo 970 as boot/os / i9 9900k / 64gb DDR4 3200 / win10pro also have 3 HDD for data, which i can see in power settings go toturn off mode in 20minutes...(standard) (balanced mode) now for some reason pc will freeze for few seconds once those HDD starting i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 program takes 10 seconds to start runs fine after