Windows 10: Programs that are open are not indicated to be so on the taskbar

Discus and support Programs that are open are not indicated to be so on the taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello *Smile I've been searching around for solutions to this issue myself but have doing so to no avail so far. Hence I thought it would be a good... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cerad, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Cerad Win User

Programs that are open are not indicated to be so on the taskbar

Hello *Smile I've been searching around for solutions to this issue myself but have doing so to no avail so far. Hence I thought it would be a good idea to share my issue with other people who'd might be able to help me out *Biggrin

As the title suggests, whenever I have programs open in windows 10 they'll open just fine, however they won't indicate that they are even open at all. I have to guess my way through what is open and what is not.

An example of my issue would be the link below, if you look closely I've got battle.net open whilst my browser is running but it doesn't actually notice that the browser or anything alike is open.

Screenshot

I'd appreciate any sort of help you guys could give me, cheers!

:)

Cerad, Jun 16, 2016
  2. janda1313 Win User

Most of the programs on the taskbar are not showing up and Windows/Start button won't work and it won't go online.

Original Title: Windows 10 tried to update for the last 4 days

Need help. Now most of the programs on the taskbar are not showing up and Windows/Start button won't work and it won't go online.

janda1313, Jun 16, 2016
  3. Most of the programs on the taskbar are not showing up and Windows/Start button won't work and it won't go online.

Are you attempting to upgrade a computer to Win10 or are you attempted to
    update
    your current Win10 computer
    ?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jun 16, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

At the bottom of your taskbar, you will see a highlight line on all open program icons. Browser. skpye, Warcraft, mail, file explorer, etc.

There is nothing wrong with your system.

RWOne, Jun 16, 2016
  5. Cerad Win User
    haha, I can't believe I missed that. Turns out my screen was set to miss out the 2 pixels on the bottom of the screen hence why I wasn't able to see the open programs. Thanks for bearing with my stupidity *Smile

Cerad, Jun 16, 2016
  6. RWOne Win User
    No problem at all. You're not the first with that issue, nor shall you be the last.

Besides the highlight line, you should see a noticeable change in background color on the open icons as well.

Please mark the thread as solved for the gang though, thanks!

RWOne, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Programs that are open are not indicated to be so on the taskbar - Similar Threads - Programs are open

2. program opens up behind side taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    program opens up behind side taskbar: Hello all,I use left side for my start menu task bar.Some programs especially legacy ones open up behind it. I assume they're set to open at 0x/0y which is loads them behind the side bar, and I need to move the window over to the right a bit. across a day I may reopen these...
  3. program opens up behind side taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    program opens up behind side taskbar: Hello all,I use left side for my start menu task bar.Some programs especially legacy ones open up behind it. I assume they're set to open at 0x/0y which is loads them behind the side bar, and I need to move the window over to the right a bit. across a day I may reopen these...
  4. Programs Not Opening from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs Not Opening from Taskbar: I can click on the programs on the taskbar and they do not open up on the desktop but if I hover the mouse over the taskbar they have in fact opened up but just not to the main screen. I have tried right mouse clicking to choose Restore or Maximise and nothing happens. They...
  5. Missing open app indicators in taskbar of primary display

Missing open app indicators in taskbar of primary display: I have 3 monitors and after an update I'm assuming the buttom part of the taskbar only on my primary display is cut off at the bottom. I'm not sure proper terminology so here are some pictures. This is one of my non-primary monitors and it look as it should [ATTACH] This...
  6. Program opens then closes on taskbar by itself Virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Program opens then closes on taskbar by itself Virus?: There's a program that opens on my taskbar, then immediately closes, so fast that I can't tell which program it is. I've checked task manager and it doesn't show any programs open that I'm not using. When the program opens it kicks me out of full screen programs so I'd like...
  7. No program will open- shows on taskbar but will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No program will open- shows on taskbar but will not open: No program will open- shows on taskbar but will not open. I have run all the trouble shooters but no problems can be detected. BUT there IS a BIG problem!!!...
  8. Taskbar program icons not opening to on screen windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar program icons not opening to on screen windows: I have a problem with the taskbar. If I have some files open, for example a couple of Word documents, or maybe several outlook emails I can hover over the taskbar program icon and it will show me a preview of the open files or emails. As I understand things I should be able...
  9. open program icons in taskbar

open program icons in taskbar: Windows has always let me toggle between open windows by either clicking on the item in the taskbar or on the window itself (for example, when I'm going back and forth between Excel and Chrome). But now the Chrome button is the only icon that brings its window to the...
  10. Where is the battery charge taskbar indicator?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Where is the battery charge taskbar indicator?: I have a Asus Tablet. I upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10. Where is the battery charge ICON for the task bar? To many times the tablet died for lack of a warning that the battery was low. 1. Where is the battery charge app. located or is there a download? 2. How do...