Windows 10: Programs that are suspended and then you end task restarting

Discus and support Programs that are suspended and then you end task restarting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; why is it that I have something disabled yet it loads into memory. I use task manager and end said app yet it loads it's self back in later. Also have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DeanGildroy, May 9, 2019.

1. Programs that are suspended and then you end task restarting

why is it that I have something disabled yet it loads into memory. I use task manager and end said app yet it loads it's self back in later. Also have a app that installed it's self and I disabled it, I end said app in task manager and yet it reloads it's self and access the internet... Both are part of windows, both I never use and the last one I never asked for, or in fact both I never asked for.

:)

DeanGildroy, May 9, 2019

2. Programs are going to "suspended" in Task Manager. Eventually run

Did a search but did not find anything recent.
    Since the last update or two, random programs (usually older ones) will not immediately run but will come up in task manager first in suspended mode. They will eventually run after a minute, usually in a rush with all instances popping up at once. More clicks on the same shortcut just adds to the list. It makes the taskbar hang with the ring. I have tried right clicking and run as administrator and just open with same results.
    There are multiple hits on MS websites with no solution.
    UAC is disabled.
    Anyone else? Is there already a thread for this?

EDIT Thought it was Hyper-V but nope.

Programs that are suspended and then you end task restarting [​IMG]

John Pombrio, May 9, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Task Manager "End Task" does not end task.

Hi Glenn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Does it show any error message while performing End Task Through
    Task Manager?

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and then try to end the task and check if you’re able to

Safe mode:

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
      Shift key and click on Restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot.
    • Click on Advanced options.
    • Click on Startup Settings.
    • Click on Restart.
    • When your PC starts up, you'll see a light blue screen with the Startup Settings menu. You can now choose an option using your keyboard (number keys or function keys). To start up in Safe Mode, press
      4 or F4. To start up in Safe Mode with networking, press
      5 or F5. To start up in Safe Mode with the Command Prompt, press
      6 or F6. If you change your mind and decide you don't want to boot into Safe Mode after all, hit
      Enter to boot normally.
    Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, May 9, 2019
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Programs that are suspended and then you end task restarting

Google Chrome Crahses and suspended in task manager

Hi GSsswuw8,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Do you have any antivirus installed on the computer?
    2. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer or browser prior to the issue?

This issue is because of profile data corruption on google chrome or because of cookies, extensions, plugins and History. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to resolve this issue.

Method 1: Rename Google chrome file.

Before proceeding I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.

Step 1: Rename Chrome User Data file.

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome.
    3. Search for User data folder. Rename this folder to UserData.old
    4. Open the chrome now and check if it is working.

Note:
    The new user data folder will be created automatically, but
    new profile will not have any of your previous data in it. To access the data back, try signing out and signing in back to the application. Or you have to manually copy the data from old profile.

Step 2: Copy the previous data to New Profile.

I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.
    Then follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\UserData.old\Default.
    3. Open a new tab and navigate to: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default. (Make sure this is the new user data folder)
    4. Now copy the file one by one, once the copy is done. In-between Reopen Chrome browser and check if there is issue same issue.
    5. If the issue reoccurs, then the culprit is one of the file copied above.

Method 2:
    Troubleshoot on google chrome.

Note: The Uninstall and Reinstall option might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added, this will also clear the history, favorites, cookies and password. We recommend
    that you note these sites and settings before you use the Reset on chrome.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Fix Chrome if it crashes or won't open.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, May 9, 2019
Thema:

Programs that are suspended and then you end task restarting

1. Programs that are suspended and then you end task restarting - Similar Threads - Programs are suspended

2. A software goes to Suspended in Task Manager when End Task is clicked. This software won't...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A software goes to Suspended in Task Manager when End Task is clicked. This software won't...: When I restart the computer, the software is still on. How can I close this software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-software-goes-to-suspended-in-task-manager-when/3a003454-84bd-4974-88c9-a6bf1e8f5fac
  3. program/app/game suspended it task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    program/app/game suspended it task manager: Hi Halo Infinite worked great for weeks. Then I installed Gears 5 and it wont launch and now neither will Halo Infinite. Tried everything I could think of, in the end gave up and reset the PC deleting all old files. But sadly the same. However now notice the game is suspended...
  4. program/app/game suspended it task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    program/app/game suspended it task manager: Hi Halo Infinite worked great for weeks. Then I installed Gears 5 and it wont launch and now neither will Halo Infinite. Tried everything I could think of, in the end gave up and reset the PC deleting all old files. But sadly the same. However now notice the game is suspended...
  5. program/app/game suspended it task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    program/app/game suspended it task manager: Hi,So i have a problem where i try to run app/program/game and for game castel miner z when i launch it sayis suspended in taskmanager for 3 secund than it force closes app and for game dirt2 and dirt3 after loading screen game frozes and in task manager says suspended.Thank...
  6. program/app/game suspended it task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    program/app/game suspended it task manager: Hi,So i have a problem where i try to run app/program/game and for game castel miner z when i launch it sayis suspended in taskmanager for 3 secund than it force closes app and for game dirt2 and dirt3 after loading screen game frozes and in task manager says suspended.Thank...
  7. suspended programs in Task Manager, as administrator in

in Cortana
    suspended programs in Task Manager, as administrator in: How do I activate programs or files or processes and run them as the Administrator for Search in @windows 10 Task Manager. And how do activate Cortana, the Microsoft store, Microsoft Search & Indexing, along with Activating Windows PowerShell as the Admnistrator?ThanksRuth 53...
  8. Suspended programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Suspended programs: I got my search and Microsoft store suspended in the task manager, tried to resume it from resource monitor but nothing happened. I can't write anything in the search bar or even the settings. Also tried to end the task it keeps on coming back with the suspension state....
  9. Program suspend

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program suspend: Hi, I am trying to load a game but it keeps being suspended whille loading. Any ideas how to prevent it being suspended? I am using Windows 10. It used to work perfectly fine but not any more. Thanks...
  10. Program is suspended in Windows Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program is suspended in Windows Task Manager: I have Windows 10, and found many reports that programs get suspended by Windows as shown in the Windows Task Manager. These reports span multiple versions of Windows, such as Windows 7, 8 and Windows 10. I was inflicted with the same issue and it was frustrating to find no...