Windows 10: Programs Used List in Start Menue

Discus and support Programs Used List in Start Menue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do a get a program that I use quite often to get on the "Most Used Programs List". I realize that I probably have to use it more for it to appear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Linda, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Linda Win User

Programs Used List in Start Menue

How do a get a program that I use quite often to get on the "Most Used Programs List". I realize that I probably have to use it more for it to appear on the list. But I want to know if I can get it there even though the program is not used as often as the others.
    TIA *Confused

:)

Linda, Nov 1, 2015

2. Start Menu Program List

In the Start Menu, it has the standard, Power, Settings, and User Name Options, but then to the right of it, it has a long list of practically every program i have.....is there a way to disable that list from showing on the start menu? I just want it to
    be very basic.

DeviantWolf, Nov 1, 2015
  3. Jackal4 Win User
    Start Menu Program List

I do not see that option in build 14393.693, perhaps it's been moved somewhere else?

Jackal4, Nov 1, 2015
  4. Programs Used List in Start Menue

Hi I do mine three ways

Right click and add to taskbar or
    Right click and add it to favourites bar
    Also More Action and pin to start menu
    Hope that is something you are looking for

hTconeM9user, Nov 1, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    First right click on every item that appears in that list, hover on 'More' then click 'Don't show in this list'.
    Do so until that list is cleared, then open and close 3 or 4 separate instances of a certain program from the All apps menu and the list should re-populate itself.

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Programs Used List in Start Menue

1. Programs Used List in Start Menue - Similar Threads - Programs Used List

2. Start Menu List

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu List: It's already listed on the Start Menu just below my User Icon (red arrow), so does anyone know how to remove the Settings icon from the Start Menu list (red circle)? [img] 173782
  3. How to list frequently used apps in the Start Menu?

How to list frequently used apps in the Start Menu?: How do you set the Start Menu so that the apps that you use most frequently show up? and other apps that you have recently accessed show up at bottom section like it used to in previous versions of Microsoft IE? All I see is the list of my entire programs and I have to find...
  4. Programs in Start menu not listed in search results

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs in Start menu not listed in search results: I just upgraded to Windows 10 and I'm still trying to get used to everything that's changed since 7. I'm used to being able to just hit the Windows key on my keyboard to bring up the Start menu, start typing the name of a program that I know has a shortcut in the start menu,...
  5. Missing Programs from Start Menu List

Missing Programs from Start Menu List: Please don't tell me to reinstall... did that! Don't tell me to add an icon... I don't want a screen full of icons..... Don't tell me to add an app. If i wanted an apps I'd by a tablet. How do you fix missing installed programs back to Start Menu List. This is why I HATE...
  6. Language in Start menu program list

Language in Start menu program list: Why does "Microsfoft office Hulpprogramma's" appear in Nederland in my start menu program list when my system language is English. All other start menu programs are shown in English....
  7. ms-resource:appDisplayName in Start Menu programs list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ms-resource:appDisplayName in Start Menu programs list: I'll begin this by saying that this nuisance has been there even before I upgraded to the April 2018 update. I also posted about this issue here before, but no one was able to help me. Needless to say, the latest update did not fix this. I even did an in-place upgrade after...
  8. Is it possible to display icons for Start Menu program list folders?

Is it possible to display icons for Start Menu program list folders?: Obviously icons are displayed in the program list when the shortcut is not nested inside a folder. But it seems windows will not display customized folder icons. The properties for the folder can be opened, and a custom icon selected, but it does not display. Not in the start...
  9. "Most used" list (in Start Menu) is problematic

"Most used" list (in Start Menu) is problematic: 1) I use Word much more often than others in the list. Why is it not displaying? 2) Can I add to the number of apps which are displayed? 39357
  10. Broken shortcut on Start Menu program list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken shortcut on Start Menu program list: I found a broken shortcut on my account's Start Menu program list, located all the way on the bottom. [img] Right-clicking and uninstalling doesn't do anything. I tried some of the solutions found online and most of them don't work. Is there any way for me to fix this...