Windows 10: Programs Using Webcam

Discus and support Programs Using Webcam in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm using Kaspersky Suite 2017 and it keeps notifying me that certain programs are requesting use of my webcam. I've got my camera turned off in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RichardC, Nov 17, 2017.

1. RichardC Win User

Programs Using Webcam

I'm using Kaspersky Suite 2017 and it keeps notifying me that certain programs are requesting use of my webcam. I've got my camera turned off in settings, but I'm curious as to why certain programs are trying to use it. Example would be: device census. What is that and why is it and other programs doing this? TIA, Richard

:)

RichardC, Nov 17, 2017
  2. BulldogXX Win User

How do I access my webcam on my computer?

Open a program that uses your webcam. Skype is an example of such a program.

BulldogXX, Nov 17, 2017
  3. My computers camera

Hi,

Be sure to check with your System Maker's Support, on-line

documentation and drivers, and ask in their forums (if any) where

there would be others with the same model if a built-in WebCam

or the actual WebCam Maker if a separate device.

Check the Start - All Apps for Camera, WebCam, a Folder/Program

with the System Maker's name or similar to see if you can locate

the WebCam software.

These may help :

Camera App and webcams Help (Applies to Windows 10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/camera-app-faq

How to use a Webcam

How To Use A Webcam In Your Home | Step-By-Step Guide

Seeing is believing - Use a webcam to bring your instant messaging to life

What happened to my Messenger contacts in Skype? | Skype Support

Here is a google that shows links to how to use a WebCam with many

programs and you can add to its search for any specific program.

How to use a WebCam Windows 10

how to use a webcam - Google Search

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Nov 17, 2017
  4. clam1952 Win User

Programs Using Webcam

Device Census is Microsoft telemetry sending info on your use of the webcam. Might want to look at your camera privacy settings regarding what apps are allowed to access it.

clam1952, Nov 17, 2017
  5. It's the modern design paradigm, "All consumer products must spy on their owners". *Mad

lehnerus2000, Nov 18, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    First off Kaspersky was put out on the front that it has huge security flaws, due to the software liked to send confidential documents to the owners in Russia. As for what is trying to get to the webcam, you need to state the version number of the install for Windows 10, along with that you are going to have to check Firewall ports for the IP that is inbound, trying to get to the camera. It could be as simple as Facial Recognition is trying to enable.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Programs Using Webcam

1. Programs Using Webcam - Similar Threads - Programs Using Webcam

2. using webcam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    using webcam: How do I record video with the webcam while in a program other the the camera app.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-webcam/26c1e40d-fe2a-4580-883e-62d23ac4428a
  3. using webcam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    using webcam: How do I record video with the webcam while in a program other the the camera app.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-webcam/26c1e40d-fe2a-4580-883e-62d23ac4428a
  4. How to use the same webcam on multiple programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use the same webcam on multiple programs: I want to use my webcam on both obs and microsoft teams, however, when I use it on obs, I cannot use it on teams and vice versa. How can I use in both programs? Is there an third party software that allows this?...
  5. How to use the same webcam on multiple programs

How to use the same webcam on multiple programs: I want to use my webcam on both obs and microsoft teams, however, when I use it on obs, I cannot use it on teams and vice versa. How can I use in both programs? Is there an third party software that allows this?...
  6. using a phone as a webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    using a phone as a webcam: I would like to use my mobile phone android camera as a webcam for my Windows 10 PC. What are the steps I would need to follow to sync the two? I would like to use the phone camera for video chat. Are there special programs that I might need to properly sync the two? My...
  7. Use Actioncam as webcam?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Use Actioncam as webcam?: I have the following actioncam and want to use it as a webcam. However, no suitable drivers can be installed. GoXtreme Race mini Thanks in advance! Actioncam als Webcam verwenden?
  8. Can't use the Webcam

Can't use the Webcam: I can't use my webcam Since yesterday. I've tryed with zoom, skype and other apps. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers with. nothing. I've checked the Antivirus Kaspersky but it seems that nothing is blocking the webcam. When I try to start a video I can only See...
  9. using my webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    using my webcam: I would like to know how to use my web cam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-my-webcam/3ac46fba-d468-4688-91ce-5be8b9495e80
  10. webcam used as security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    webcam used as security: Can my HP windows 10 laptop take a picture with the webcam when my laptop is opened or when an invalid login attempt is made? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-used-as-security/113de1cf-30fe-4709-a3c3-0feae1f0e734"