Windows 10: Programs wanting me to Install the same update over and over again.

Discus and support Programs wanting me to Install the same update over and over again. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Greetings,I have run into an issue that with a few programs II have. They will trigger on using them that I need to update. I will update and once the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/msneill, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Programs wanting me to Install the same update over and over again.

Greetings,I have run into an issue that with a few programs II have. They will trigger on using them that I need to update. I will update and once the program restarts it will tell me I need the same update again. At first, I didn't think it to be Windows issue. Only after several programs started doing it. I have looked around and all I can seem to find is info on Windows prompting Windows updates repeaditly. Like right now Steam is requesting that I update. I click install and when it starts back up the update will pop up again after a few minutes. Any info and or help would be great. repeatedlyThank you.

Edition Windows 10 Home

Version 20H2

Installed on ‎3/‎13/‎2021

OS build 19042.867

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

After looking around more, I have found that many Steam games along with Steam is having this issue. I did an install of Steam from a freshly downloaded Steam Installer. Along with the Steam i am now noticing many games have not updated correctly and show that the issue was Write Disk Error.
    That sounds a Hard drive issue at that point.
    Not all programs having this issue is on that drive though. The games are on a secondary drive. my D drive.

I am starting to think this is more than just a Windows 10 issue.

submitted by /u/msneill
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/msneill, Mar 28, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Programs wanting me to Install the same update over and over again. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 28, 2021
  3. niko084 Win User
    Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Mar 28, 2021
  4. Programs wanting me to Install the same update over and over again.

Vista Pre-SP1 vs. Vista SP1

I've been Windows Updating for two straight days and I finally saw SP1. If you want to troubleshoot it, follow these steps:

• Show hidden updates
    • Manually install any failed updates (google the KB_____ and install from the windows site)
    • Make sure everything in Device Manager is good to go
    I had to do step two for like 4 or 5 updates to be able to see SP1.

Any other benchmarks you guys want to see? I might try PCMark05 (I think it works on Vista).

DanishDevil, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

Programs wanting me to Install the same update over and over again.

1. Programs wanting me to Install the same update over and over again. - Similar Threads - Programs wanting Install

2. the windows update asks me to install the repair version over and over again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the windows update asks me to install the repair version over and over again: i have used the Reset my PC function in recovery about a month ago, because there is something wrong with my system, i mean i can run any app on my PC however, i can't open the file explorer or task manager, but after that time the windows update ask me to install that win11...
  3. the windows update asks me to install the repair version over and over again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the windows update asks me to install the repair version over and over again: i have used the Reset my PC function in recovery about a month ago, because there is something wrong with my system, i mean i can run any app on my PC however, i can't open the file explorer or task manager, but after that time the windows update ask me to install that win11...
  4. Windows Update installing KB5033375 over and over again.

Windows Update installing KB5033375 over and over again.: Hi everyone, I have a Windows 11 23H2 laptop which was set to English-US language. After a lot of hard work, I changed the language to English-UK and I note now that the update 2023-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5033375 has installed...
  5. Windows Update installing KB5033375 over and over again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update installing KB5033375 over and over again.: Hi everyone, I have a Windows 11 23H2 laptop which was set to English-US language. After a lot of hard work, I changed the language to English-UK and I note now that the update 2023-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5033375 has installed...
  6. Windows update is giving the same update over and over again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update is giving the same update over and over again.: Whenever I click on check for upgrade a Microsoft Defender update is shown and it downloads and installs in just like 2 seconds, It's so fast that I can't even see the update version. Also I had used the Microsoft Update Assistant to upgrade from 21H1 cause the windows update...
  7. Windows update is giving the same update over and over again.

Windows update is giving the same update over and over again.: Whenever I click on check for upgrade a Microsoft Defender update is shown and it downloads and installs in just like 2 seconds, It's so fast that I can't even see the update version. Also I had used the Microsoft Update Assistant to upgrade from 21H1 cause the windows update...
  8. Windows update is giving the same update over and over again.

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. windows update keep installing the same thing over and over

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update keep installing the same thing over and over: I let it run for more than 10 hours and it never seem to be finish.it keep installing the top one and when it reach 100% it start to install the bottom one and when it reach 100% it start to install the top one again and the process keep repeating what do I do?...
  10. Same failed update messages keep repeating over and over again

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Same failed update messages keep repeating over and over again: Hello, I have Windows 10 Home edtion on my computer. Every day ( or every other day ) I keep getting the following messages (in RED color) during the Windows update process. There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...