Windows 10: Programs when maximized won't take up the entire screen

Discus and support Programs when maximized won't take up the entire screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I believe a setting related to the 'notifications' app in the taskbar for Windows 10 just changed my display set up. Or at least I was trying to dock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KerryWhite09, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Programs when maximized won't take up the entire screen

I believe a setting related to the 'notifications' app in the taskbar for Windows 10 just changed my display set up. Or at least I was trying to dock the notifications window back onto the taskbar when things changed. The problem... when programs are open they do not take up the full screen even when maximized. There is about a 2" margin on the right side of the screen that isn't being used. I have always used this laptop with the recommended 'scale and layout' settings but these have now been changed. If I change settings to go back to the recommended settings, the usable screen space gets even smaller.

Any ideas on how to fix? Thanks!

:)

KerryWhite09, Dec 3, 2019

2. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Dec 3, 2019
  3. A program won't come to the foreground (Windows 10)

I have a program (QGIS, which uses QT5) that will not come to the foreground. It starts maximized (that's fine) but it stays behind all my other programs. It can be focused, and I can work in QGIS, but any non-minimized programs stay in front of it.

I have tried the AutoHotKey script suggested in an answer in this post:
    Program windows won't come to foreground when selected in Windows 8.1 but it didn't help.

HeyOverThere, Dec 3, 2019
  4. tops Win User

Programs when maximized won't take up the entire screen

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Programs when maximized won't take up the entire screen

1. Programs when maximized won't take up the entire screen - Similar Threads - Programs maximized won't

2. Desktop does not take up entire screen after using VR headset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop does not take up entire screen after using VR headset.: I have an aw3423dwf monitor. Recently I've noticed the desktop image doesn't take up the entire screen. It is close to the bezel but there is still screen display that's not being used. I know this because the image will sometimes shift and one side will have a thicker bar...
  3. Gap between program and taskbar when maximizing program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gap between program and taskbar when maximizing program: Hi.Not sure if this is linked to a Windows update, but within the last 2 weeks I have started getting a gap between my taskbar and the programs I maximize. This has never been a problem before. See attached picture. Sometimes I can re-start the PC and it is gone but comes...
  4. Gap between program and taskbar when maximizing program

Gap between program and taskbar when maximizing program: Hi.Not sure if this is linked to a Windows update, but within the last 2 weeks I have started getting a gap between my taskbar and the programs I maximize. This has never been a problem before. See attached picture. Sometimes I can re-start the PC and it is gone but comes...
  5. Tiny Pop Up Window That Won't Maximize

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tiny Pop Up Window That Won't Maximize: I have a Dell laptop which runs on Windows 10. I am trying to download a software program but cannot complete loading the software my computer. I can only get as far as the Installation Manager pop up screen, which when opened only opens to a tiny window size and it won't...
  6. Apps not Taking Up Entire Screen Space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps not Taking Up Entire Screen Space: [IMG] Recently, I've realized that my applications (not just browsers) won't take up the allotted space (located in red) on the screen when pushed to the left and right. Is there any way to reset this function? I'm pretty sure it's not the browser as I've tried this on...
  7. Sticky notes take up the entire screen since the latest update

Sticky notes take up the entire screen since the latest update: Since the latest Windows 10 update 1903 I can no longer resize the sticky note and have it remain that size. If I create a sticky note and reduce its size lets say to 3"x3" and try to move it on my screen it automatically increases its size to half of my screen. I never had...
  8. Program will only maximize to main screen???

Program will only maximize to main screen???: I have tried nearly everything I can think of, or have heard over the years to fix this. I have a program that monitors my security cameras... It will only maximize or go fullscreen on my main monitor. I have a triple monitor setup and want it to do that on either of the side...
  9. Maximizing by double clicking shortcuts of programs take long time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Maximizing by double clicking shortcuts of programs take long time: Previously if I double clicked the shortcuts of Steam, Origin and Uplay while they were running instantly maximized their windows. Now if I double click them it takes a long time before they are maximized as if the computer is reloading them from scratch. I also have GOG...
  10. The shortcuts bar on the desktop is taking up my entire screen

in Windows 10 Support
    The shortcuts bar on the desktop is taking up my entire screen: Do you know how to completely remove the bar on the desktop that has all of the annoying shortcuts? I have taken them all off of the bar but the background remains. Some way or another, it has gotten stretched out and it fills up my entire screen. *Mad I do not want that bar...