Windows 10: Programs Won't Open After System Sits Idle?

Discus and support Programs Won't Open After System Sits Idle? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just installed the Windows 10 2004 update yesterday and I'm having a problem. All my apps work fine and my PC in general if I'm continuously using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ShoeGod420, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Programs Won't Open After System Sits Idle?

I just installed the Windows 10 2004 update yesterday and I'm having a problem. All my apps work fine and my PC in general if I'm continuously using it, but if I walk away from it for like 15 mins, come back and try to open any program, they won't open. Including the start menu, shortcuts on my desktop, and programs pinned to the taskbar. The only thing that I'm able to open is folders on my desktop. Does anyone know what is going on? In order to fix it I can't even restart it through windows I have to restart by pressing the restart button on my tower. I can ctrl alt delete but when I go to restart or sign out it just hangs there until I just press the restart button on my tower. Has anyone else had this problem or know what may be going on and how to fix it?

submitted by /u/ShoeGod420
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ShoeGod420, Jul 15, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Programs Won't Open After System Sits Idle? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 15, 2020
  4. I2Believe Win User

Programs Won't Open After System Sits Idle?

Sony Sound Forge 7 won't open since Windows 10 upgrade

Tried to open my registered Sony Sound Forge 7 software program today and realized that since Windows 10 upgrade, like some other software programs affected, this one won't open.

(1) Tried some of the suggestions in regedit but didn't see all of the Sony entries listed in the steps

(2) Tried opening with "run as administrator" - didn't work.

Any suggestions?

I2Believe, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Programs Won't Open After System Sits Idle?

1. Programs Won't Open After System Sits Idle? - Similar Threads - Programs Won't Open

2. Apps wont open after pc sits idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps wont open after pc sits idle: Apps only open with a fresh restart. After pc sits idle for a few hours, the applications will not open.Have tried a fresh clean reinstall of windows, ran sfc scan and dism in command prompt several times, have changed the power plan to custom and high performance and...
  3. Apps wont open after pc sits idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps wont open after pc sits idle: Apps only open with a fresh restart. After pc sits idle for a few hours, the applications will not open.Have tried a fresh clean reinstall of windows, ran sfc scan and dism in command prompt several times, have changed the power plan to custom and high performance and...
  4. Program won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program won't open: Hello,I have a program that won't open on Windows 10. After I double click to run it, it's process appears in the Task Manager, stays there for some 30 seconds or so and than disappears. The program's window never appears. Here are the details.1. The program is at least six...
  5. my laptop crashes while sitting idle .

my laptop crashes while sitting idle .: I have reloaded windows and currently have almost nothing on the computer yet it crashes constantly. I typically get a small blue notice no boot device. I did load whocrashed and have a crash dump analysis. Windows version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 1903, build:...
  6. Computer crashes randomly after sitting idle

Computer crashes randomly after sitting idle: Hey guys, New poster here and im hoping I can get some help. I've tried researching and fixing this on my own but the problem keeps happening. My computer will (seemingly randomly) crash after sitting idle for several minutes. It goes to a blue screen and will produce a...
  7. Windows Updates sit idle, don’t download, OS is idle for days

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates sit idle, don’t download, OS is idle for days: My Windows updates won’t download to install. No errors or messages anywhere. I’ve run all troubleshooters without issue. Tried to update to 1903 and it takes a day to get to 99% then just sits there. When I reboot it’s like it didn’t even start, no rollback, nothing. Tried...
  8. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after sitting idle for around five minutes

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after sitting idle for around five minutes: So this problem cropped up yesterday, and I'm no stranger to it. This Win10 install is relatively fresh, just a few weeks old with not too much being installed on it. Less than 24 hours ago, I began getting these BSODs out of the blue whenever my computer sits idle. First...
  9. BSOD error when computer sits idle for 10min+

BSOD error when computer sits idle for 10min+: Im running windows 10 and I've been getting these blue screen errors .. It usually happens when my computer is left idle for over 10-20 mins.. It displays a blue screen and then restarts. At first i had no clue . Later i checked the minidump folder and i found those BSOD log...
  10. Program won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program won't open: I have a program that I can't get to open. I tried a whole bunch of different things to solve it and nothing worked, so eventually I reinstalled Windows. That fixed it for a couple of weeks, but now it's back to not opening again. It shows up in Task Manager as a process...