Windows 10: Programs wont pin to taskbar Help please in windows 10

Discus and support Programs wont pin to taskbar Help please in windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For some reason i cannot pin anything to the taskbar in windows 10. (nothing happens when right click of dragging either) I have used programs that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by moonlighter, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Programs wont pin to taskbar Help please in windows 10

For some reason i cannot pin anything to the taskbar in windows 10. (nothing happens when right click of dragging either)
    I have used programs that give u the option and they dont work either.

Please someone help with what i should to fix the problem.

:)

moonlighter, Jun 2, 2016

2. Windows 10 Taskbar not working

I recently updated windows to windows 10 , It has been great lately but today when I turned my laptop on the taskbar isn't working , The windows symbol wont take me to the menu , the windows key also doesn't work , the search symbol doesn't work either
    , or the app store or the calculator , my programs I have pinned to the taskbar still work , it wont let my adjust the sound and show the internet options or show my notifications , PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!

BethanyReberger, Jun 2, 2016
  3. Edge and Store Task Bar icons invisible

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You can pin the items you want to be displayed in your Taskbar.

• Open the app you want to be pinned on the Taskbar.
    • Once it shows up on the Taskbar right click on it and click Pin this program to Taskbar.

For more information on how to pin apps on Taskbar click on the link below: (also applicable for Windows 10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Pin-a-program-to-the-taskbar

To sort your issue related to News and Weather app, if the issue is confined to these apps the try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Right-click on the app and select uninstall.
    • Now, reinstall the app from Windows Store.

Let us know if you receive an error while reinstalling the app.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jun 2, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Programs wont pin to taskbar Help please in windows 10

Assuming what you meant was : there is the "Pin to Taskbar" option but it does not work when you click at it.

If that is the case, my suggestion is to do a system file check to look for corrupt files. It will try to do repair if any corrupt files are found.

Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

davidhk, Jun 2, 2016
  5. thank you for the advice but no go still have same problem

moonlighter, Jun 14, 2016
  6. RolandJS Win User
    This might help: tweaking.com's Windows Repair (All in One), after downloading, boot into Safe Mode with Networking, for now, uncheck all except items 26 & 27. Restart patiently twice. If still no go, try again w/26 & 27, this time add system files association, system files registration. Restart patiently twice. I say patiently because Windows has to take its time to smooth itself out.

RolandJS, Jun 14, 2016
  7. i just had to put back the shortcut arrows and it worked

moonlighter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Programs wont pin to taskbar Help please in windows 10

1. Programs wont pin to taskbar Help please in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Programs wont pin

2. How to pin a program to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to pin a program to the taskbar: I tried https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/pin-apps-and-folders-to-the-desktop-or-taskbar-f3c749fb-e298-4cf1-adda-7fd635df6bb0#WindowsVersion=Windows_10 but both options described there simply open the program. If the program is already open, it opens a second...
  3. How to pin a program to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to pin a program to the taskbar: I tried https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/pin-apps-and-folders-to-the-desktop-or-taskbar-f3c749fb-e298-4cf1-adda-7fd635df6bb0#WindowsVersion=Windows_10 but both options described there simply open the program. If the program is already open, it opens a second...
  4. How to pin a program to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to pin programs to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to pin programs to the taskbar: After a system restore I cannot pin programs to the taskbar any more apart from certain Windows programs like the snipping tool, but not explorer.exe for example.I have tried every single solution/suggestion I have found online, but it still won't do it. I have also tried to...
  6. Unable to pin programs to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to pin programs to the taskbar: After a system restore I cannot pin programs to the taskbar any more apart from certain Windows programs like the snipping tool, but not explorer.exe for example.I have tried every single solution/suggestion I have found online, but it still won't do it. I have also tried to...
  7. WINDOWS 10 PIN NIGHTMARE PLEASE HELP!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    WINDOWS 10 PIN NIGHTMARE PLEASE HELP!: Hi I'm pretty desperate here. My laptop has locked me out. This started this morning when I decided to log in under my MS account to attach the device to MS Family Safety so I can control my sosn's activityu on this device. My account is an adult MS account and is the...
  8. Windows Taskbar is freezing/unresponsive, and programs will not open Please Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Taskbar is freezing/unresponsive, and programs will not open Please Help: I am going to try my best to explain exactly what happened and what is currently going on. I tried to connect my surface pro laptop to my Samsung smart TV. It did not work and seems to have crashed all of my programs including edge, my email, word, to name a few. I restarted...
  9. Pinned programs on taskbar issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pinned programs on taskbar issue: Windows 10 used to keep your pinned programs together between the search bar and currently open programs. How can I get it back like this? Currently, my pinned programs appear on the taskbar but interweaved with whatever programs I have open. If I have a program open that...
  10. Pinned programs on all taskbars.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pinned programs on all taskbars.: Heya. On Win7 using a program like DisplayFusion you could have pinned programs show on all taskbars while having windows only show on the taskbar for the screen its on. Does anyone know if its possible to do the same in Win10? I know these settings exists but there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10bhad apps in taskbar went away wont let me put back in task bar

2. windows 10 taskbar wont let me pin programs

3. windows 10 cannot pin anything to taskbar shortcuts

4. windows 10 wont pin to taskbar,
  5. windows 10 programs wont open from taskbar and move will not select