Windows 10: Programs won't start when trying to run as administrator

Discus and support Programs won't start when trying to run as administrator in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I have run into an interesting issue. User needs an application installed from Software Center (SCCM package is ok, since I have done this 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by T.T Inha, Nov 1, 2018.

1. T.T Inha Win User

Programs won't start when trying to run as administrator

Hello. I have run into an interesting issue.

User needs an application installed from Software Center (SCCM package is ok, since I have done this 10 times already without any issues)

User is signed in and this software in questions needs to be installed by administrator.

After asking administration credentials, I input my administration Username/password, nothing happens. No incorrect credentials, no errors, No Warnings... Installation process begins but it will run installer until I reboot the client workstation

I cannot run any tools as administrator for example Cmd, Powershell or Services tool for example.

After asking administration credentials, I input my administration Username/password, nothing happens. No incorrect credentials, no errors, No Warnings...

Programs won't start when trying to run as administrator 1ab4b693-0d10-4e94-8804-0e35164dc62b?upload=true.jpg

(https://www.wikihow.com/images/6/68/Run-Command-Prompt-As-an-Administrator-on-Windows-Step-4.jpg)

Client workstation is running Windows 10 Enterprise version of Windows

:)

T.T Inha, Nov 1, 2018

2. 0x80070057 when trying to run Program Compatibility Troubleshooter in Windows 10

Hi Paul,

For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to get additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are the programs already installed on your computer?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    If you're still trying to install the programs, we suggest changing the compatibility mode of the installers before installing the programs. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click AOL Desktop installer or Facebook Gameroom.
    • Select Properties.
    • Go to Compatibility tab.
    • Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for.
    • Click the drop-down option and select any Windows previous version.
    • Check Run this program as an administrator.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    • Try to install the program using the installer.
    We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Nov 1, 2018
  3. Jose Est Win User
    a program on windows 10 can only be started with "Run as an adminstrator"

Hi Jaap,

If a program is configured to Always Run as an Administrator, there is a possibility that the program is protected from unauthorized access.

For us to isolate your issue and provide an appropriate resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Is the issue isolated only on a specific program?
    • Are you using an administrator account?

In the meantime, we have steps that we can try to allow a program to run in standard mode. Here are the steps below:

• Type in the "program name" in the Search box.
    • Right-click on the program and select Open file location.
    • Right-click on the program and click Properties.
    • Click the Compatibility tab.
    • Under the Settings section, uncheck Run this program as an administrator.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Jose Est, Nov 1, 2018
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Programs won't start when trying to run as administrator - Similar Threads - Programs won't start

2. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running: To fix a problem with lag in a video game I when into the properties of the .exe file and started to run it as an administrator when the program was still open. After I had done that I opened the game again and it kicked me out repeatedly so I decided to close the game and...
  3. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running: To fix a problem with lag in a video game I when into the properties of the .exe file and started to run it as an administrator when the program was still open. After I had done that I opened the game again and it kicked me out repeatedly so I decided to close the game and...
  4. How to stop running a program as an administrator when the program is not running

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't run programs as an administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't run programs as an administrator: Hey, so recently I posted a question related to an issue with the windows installer. After looking into it, and encountering similar issues with other programs, I managed to figure out the fix would be to run the sfc. And that's when another problem emerged, I try to run...
  6. Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator"

Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator": Hello as the title says random things have an administrator icon shield thing and when I open it, it says Do you want to allow this program, etc normal run as administrator stuff and when I go in properties then compatibility I don't have checked "Run this program as an...
  7. Streams program only runs when loged in as administrator

Streams program only runs when loged in as administrator: Hello all, I have a user that has a application called Streams it's a VoIP app. It was working fine for months. For some reason it will not load under the standard user. If I log in as the admin it works when I login as a standard user I get this message [ATTACH]...
  8. Starting a program without running it as administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Starting a program without running it as administrator: I just installed Photoshop CS6 and whenever I want to open it, it requires administration and I have to click "yes". Is there a way to stop this? The program seems like it's set to always run as administrator since there's a shield icon on it. But the option in the properties...
  9. Issue with running programs as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with running programs as administrator: Hi there. Couple days ago I formatted my SSD drive and reinstalled Windows 10 on it. Since that moment I have issues with account I use(lets call it ABC) even though I granted admin permission on every layer is known to me. I can't run some .exe files like CITRIX Workspace...
  10. Run User Program As Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run User Program As Administrator: I want to create a small program (bat, exe, PowerShell, whatever) to delete all Event logs. I want to put this on the C drive (not a shortcut on the desktop), double-click it, and it runs. I don't want to have to right-click and choose Run as administrator. Approving the UAC...