Windows 10: Programs won't start with Windows - Startup tab is empty

Discus and support Programs won't start with Windows - Startup tab is empty in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, recently bought a new computer with a Windows 10. I've set a few programs to start with Windows (when I turn the PC on), but none start with it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Vapire, Mar 27, 2020.

1. /u/Vapire Win User

Programs won't start with Windows - Startup tab is empty

Hello, recently bought a new computer with a Windows 10. I've set a few programs to start with Windows (when I turn the PC on), but none start with it. Moreover, when I go on the Taskbar and navigate to the Startup tab, it's empty.

I tried to manually add those programs to start with Windows adding them to shell:startup but that didn't do anything either and I'd prefer not doing it manually.

submitted by /u/Vapire
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Vapire, Mar 27, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I have GPU-Z 0.8.0 and Windows 8.1. I also have a G 15 keyboard running LCDSirReal. My goal is to get temperatures for my two 980 GTX graphics cards to display on the keyboard's LCD screen. I am also running CoreTemp.

I have the Logitech Gaming Software set up to start when Windows starts up. LCDSirReal and CoreTemp are also starting up when Windows starts and CoreTemp is properly displaying cpu temperatures on the G 15 LCD after startup of Windows.

For the life of me, I can't get GPU-Z to start up when Windows starts up. I have to start GPU-Z each time after Windows starts to get it to display on my G 15 keyboard.

Is there a way to get GPU-Z to start up when Windows starts? I've uninstalled GPU-Z and reinstalled it but that didn't help. The GPU-Z.exe file is located at C:/Program Files(x86) and the GPU-Z shortcut is on the desktop as well as in C:/Users/Avedis53/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs.

Under "Properties" for the shortcut located in the Start Menu/Programs location, I have it set to run "Minimized", "Run this program as an administrator" is checked and I'm running GPU-Z in Windows 8 Compatibility Mode.

I've tried creating a basic task for GPU-Z startup under the Task Scheduler. I set the trigger to "At system startup" and pointed it at the GPU-Z.exe file in Programs (x86). When I reboot that didn't work either. When I reboot my computer and check the Task Manager under the "Startup" tab, I do not see GPU-Z listed. Also, in the Task Scheduler, it indicates that GPU-Z's status is "Ready" not "Running" and the last run time is showing "Never".

Does anyone have other suggestions to try? I'm out of ideas.

Avedis53, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Programs won't start with Windows - Startup tab is empty - Similar Threads - Programs won't start

2. program option in startup tab

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    program option in startup tab: why am i getting program written instead of windows defender notification in task manager startup tab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-option-in-startup-tab/ec9e24aa-8b69-40d4-9ea8-dc7d31a65b0a
  3. Programs won't start

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs won't start: Hi, I recently encountered this problem randomly some .exe wont open. For example, I download dzsa launcher earlier and when I tried opening it nothing happened, when I open task manager it showed up for like a split second then disappeared. This also happened when I tried...
  4. Program in Startup folder not starting on startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Program in Startup folder not starting on startup in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows maintains a list of programs that can launch themselves as soon as you log in to the system. It comes in handy for those […] This article Program in Startup folder not starting on startup in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Programs not starting at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs not starting at startup: I have Win 10 latest version. No viruses or spyware. Check regularly with good programs. I have notice over the last few weeks 2-3 of my programs were not starting with Windows like have been for the past few years. I go into the program itself and the box that says start...
  6. Program on Task Manager Startup tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Program on Task Manager Startup tab: I wanted to disable a few startup programs and there is a program called "Program" with blank paper icon: [img] What is it? Could it be some sort of malware / virus? Thanks! 143714
  7. What are the program programs in the startup tab in taskmgr.exe?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What are the program programs in the startup tab in taskmgr.exe?: [ATTACH]I saw the startup page and there are 3 program programs open file location and properties are grayed out. i diasabled them and i want to know what they are...
  8. Programs won't add to Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs won't add to Startup: Ok, so I was having some issues with my previous build (Insider), and with the help of a hard disk crashing, I went and did a full wipe and a clean install. Unfortunately, some of my programs refuse to add to startup even when the "Start with Windows" option is checked....
  9. Startup tab in Task Manager empty??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup tab in Task Manager empty??: Hello, I've been on 10 Home since the 29th (Lenovo Flex 2 laptop) and my Task Manager > Startup tab is empty. I have all the programs on my pc that were on it before the upgrade (from 8.1) and I have added a few since then but the startup page just has a greyed out "there are...
  10. Startup programs do not start with windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup programs do not start with windows: hello guys, In task manager I can see all programs which are supposed to start together with windows, however, none is starting… Every time I start windows I have to start these programs manually. Anybody else with the same behavior? 2251