Windows 10: Progress Bars Freezing

Discus and support Progress Bars Freezing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I've been experiencing an issue where progress bars freeze. This does not happen all the time, and it seems to only happen when the progress bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by The Creator, May 6, 2021.

1. Progress Bars Freezing

Hi. I've been experiencing an issue where progress bars freeze. This does not happen all the time, and it seems to only happen when the progress bar window is minimized or another window covers it up. So far I've noticed it in windows explorer when transferring files from laptop to an external hard drive. The progress bar will just get stuck on some random percentage and will not change. The files are still copying normally. When the file copy has complete, the progress bar window remains open and is still frozen at the same point in which it got stuck at. The only way to get rid of it is to click on cancel or the X close button. Once you do this, if you try to transfer more files, the progress bar window won't even appear. Restarting windows fixes the issue. I've also noticed this just now with a 3rd party program. I was encoding a video and it was going to take about 20 minutes so i just minimized the window to keep it out of the way. The progress bar was at 2% when I minimized the window and it got frozen on 2%. The program continued to complete it's task (in this case encoding a video) perfectly normal, just the progress bar was not working. The only way I was able to determine when the encode had finished was by opening task manager and monitoring the CPU usage. Upon completion the program would not respond when I clicked on the "X" close button. I had to use task manager "end task" to close the program. After that I reopened the same program and tried encoding another video just to see if the progress bar would work and it did. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a known issue? Is there a fix? Thanks. Ver. 20H2 Build 19042.928

:)

The Creator, May 6, 2021
  2. mhp10 Win User

search progress bar freezes

When I search in W10 File Explorer, the progress bar moves quickly at first, then slows down, and then freezes before the search is complete.

I do not use Cortana for my searches.

Any suggestions to solve this, please?

Thank you.

mhp10, May 6, 2021
  3. Mike Win User
    installer for java dev. kit (jdk-8u102-windows-x64) FREEZES on progress bar

As @jatuttle0 suggested, installing the jdk from safe mode did the trick. Also, I think that if all the files were extracted to C:/Java/jdk... then you shouldn't be worried too much for this freezing progress bar since it doesn't do anything accept saying that the installation was successfull.

Mike, May 6, 2021
  4. Mike Win User

Progress Bars Freezing

installer for java dev. kit (jdk-8u102-windows-x64) FREEZES on progress bar

I saw multiple threads regarding this issue, and no solution has worked out for me. <Can't install Java\JDK on Windows 10>, <JDK 8 installation does not progress on Windows 10>

I have downloaded the official Oracle exe windows installer for 64 bit system, and tried to install it. After the initial extraction is complete, the "status" progress bar freezes and I can't find any solution:

1. I run it as administrator.
    2. I activated the hidden windows 10 admin account, and ran it as administrator once again.
    3. I disactivated the UAC in windows control panel.
    4. I formatted my windows 10 OS completely.

I really ran out of options, and this is the most frustrating thing ever. Please help me.

Here is OK:

Progress Bars Freezing 3NDZ6.png

Here is the FREEZE progress bar:

Progress Bars Freezing wa8fv.png

Few Notes:

• I didn't have these issues with any other software I tried to install
    • I installed successfully the java-7 latest public release.

Mike, May 6, 2021
Thema:

Progress Bars Freezing

1. Progress Bars Freezing - Similar Threads - Progress Bars Freezing

2. Distribution Progress Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Distribution Progress Bar: When I distribute / delete a page individually, to groups, to all the progress bar doesn't show up any more. To check if it has been distributed / deleted, I have to go into each individual student and look for the page. It was working, but it has recently disappeared. I can...
  3. Distribution Progress Bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Distribution Progress Bar: When I distribute / delete a page individually, to groups, to all the progress bar doesn't show up any more. To check if it has been distributed / deleted, I have to go into each individual student and look for the page. It was working, but it has recently disappeared. I can...
  4. No progress bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No progress bar: Hello everyone,I’m currently resetting my computer and I chose the delete all optionthe pc turns off and goes into a black screen then my monitor goes into power saving mode and when I try to turn it on to check what the reset percentage is at it just turns off and says power...
  5. No progress bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No progress bar: Hello everyone,I’m currently resetting my computer and I chose the delete all optionthe pc turns off and goes into a black screen then my monitor goes into power saving mode and when I try to turn it on to check what the reset percentage is at it just turns off and says power...
  6. No progress bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Copy bar progress

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy bar progress: Good Morning!I wonder if someone could please help me. When copying/backing up large folders, sometimes the process takes an hour or more due to the number of files being copied. However, sometimes the progress indicator gets to 99% before closing/finishing and other times it...
  8. Copy bar progress

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy bar progress: Good Morning!I wonder if someone could please help me. When copying/backing up large folders, sometimes the process takes an hour or more due to the number of files being copied. However, sometimes the progress indicator gets to 99% before closing/finishing and other times it...
  9. Copy bar progress

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Blue progress bars

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue progress bars: Hey there, Did anyone find a workaround to use the blue progressbars—instead of the default green—like we had in Win 7? Thanks, 61042