Windows 10: Prohibit access to control panel and PC settings group policy does not applied to windows...

Discus and support Prohibit access to control panel and PC settings group policy does not applied to windows... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We have a small setup of windows server 2012 active directory based Setup. All client computers are windows 7, windows 8 and windows 10 professional os... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SachinRNaik, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Prohibit access to control panel and PC settings group policy does not applied to windows...

We have a small setup of windows server 2012 active directory based Setup. All client computers are windows 7, windows 8 and windows 10 professional os installed (license version) and are connected to domain. All the applied group policies are working fine with all the computers.

Recently I have apply a new group policy "prohibit access to control panel and PC settings" on my windows server 2012 domain controller. The policy is working fine with all windows 7 and windows 8 professional computers. But on windows 10 systems, domain users still able to access control panel. For testing purpose I download and install windows 10 from Microsoft website on test computer and this policy working fine i.e. blocking access to control panel. But on old windows 10 computers the policy is not working. All the computers are upgraded windows update.

Please provide a solution. Thanks in advance.

:)

SachinRNaik, Sep 11, 2018

2. Applying group policy settings on standalone Windows 10 PC

I am creating a user account for my daughter and want to restrict access for that account to various tools / programs. I have created a group policy for non-administrators using mmc / group policy object, and have set the 'Prohibit access to Control Panel
    and PC settings' within that group to enabled. However, my daughters account still has access to the control panel and settings app, so the group policy is obviously not being applied.

I am using Windows 10 Pro (upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate), am logged in as the only administrator account, and my computer is a standalone PC not part of a domain.

I would be very grateful for any help in getting the local group policy to apply.

Many thanks in advance

DannyR_813, Sep 11, 2018
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Windows 10 Settings App Group Policy Question

Hello Josh,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

You can disable access to the Settings option. However the Settings option will be in the Start menu but access to the Settings menu will be denied or in other words, the Settings menu will not open.

Follow the steps below to disable access to the settings option.

• Press Windows key + R key, type
    gpedit.msc and press Enter key.

• Under User Configuration, expand Administrative Templates.

• Click on All Settings in the left-panel and double-click on
    Prohibit access to Control Panel and PC settings

Check the Enabled box in Prohibit access to Control Panel and PC settings window.

• Click on Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Sep 11, 2018
  4. Prohibit access to control panel and PC settings group policy does not applied to windows...

Couldn't connect to windows group policy service????

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing as with error: Couldn't connect to windows group policy service, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know when exactly you received this error code?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted user profile, User Profile Service or Group Policy Client service stopped working, or Antivirus software conflicts.

I suggest you to check with the following and check if it helps.

Group Policy Client service, this service is responsible for applying settings configured by administrators for the computers and users through the Group Policy component. If the service is disabled
    the settings will be applied and applications and components will not be manageable through Group Policy.

Step 1: Stop the Group Policy Client service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start
    the service and set it to Automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

Prohibit access to control panel and PC settings group policy does not applied to windows...

1. Prohibit access to control panel and PC settings group policy does not applied to windows... - Similar Threads - Prohibit access control

2. Group policy controlled PC to MDM controlled PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group policy controlled PC to MDM controlled PC: Hi Legends,Please read the case scenario in the followings:CASE: We used to have traditional AD and GPO, now we have migrated to Azure AD. We haven't migrated to Azure AD completely. All the devices are Azure AD joined though it has policies which is controlled by Group...
  3. Group policy controlled PC to MDM controlled PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Group policy controlled PC to MDM controlled PC: Hi Legends,Please read the case scenario in the followings:CASE: We used to have traditional AD and GPO, now we have migrated to Azure AD. We haven't migrated to Azure AD completely. All the devices are Azure AD joined though it has policies which is controlled by Group...
  4. Group policy controlled PC to MDM controlled PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 11 Policy to "Prohibit access to control panel and PC settings"

Windows 11 Policy to "Prohibit access to control panel and PC settings": I'm beginning to do some testing on a Windows 11 PC, 21H2 build 22000.675. The policy I have set that seems to have an unusual behavior is under User Configuration < Administrative Templates < Control Panel. The policy is Prohibit access to the Control Panel and PC...
  6. Windows 11 Policy to "Prohibit access to control panel and PC settings"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Policy to "Prohibit access to control panel and PC settings": I'm beginning to do some testing on a Windows 11 PC, 21H2 build 22000.675. The policy I have set that seems to have an unusual behavior is under User Configuration < Administrative Templates < Control Panel. The policy is Prohibit access to the Control Panel and PC...
  7. Group Policy won't apply to Security Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy won't apply to Security Group: Dear allI have a problem applying Group Policy when Security filtering is done by Security Group.Policy is couple of year old and it has been working perfectly till some time ago not sure when, I realized I have i problem a month ago.So, under Security filtering I have...
  8. Group Policy won't apply to Security Group

Group Policy won't apply to Security Group: Dear allI have a problem applying Group Policy when Security filtering is done by Security Group.Policy is couple of year old and it has been working perfectly till some time ago not sure when, I realized I have i problem a month ago.So, under Security filtering I have...
  9. Group Policy won't apply to Security Group

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. applying local group policy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    applying local group policy: Hi ive no experience applying group policy settings. What I'm hoping for is that I can have certain registry configurations applied cross all users. If I downloaded a registry.pol configuration, how do I apply this actually? So I've copied the file to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. prohibit control panel win server 2012 dont work

2. active directory prohibit access to