Windows 10: Project 2019 throwing up "please reboot project" -- Fixed

Discus and support Project 2019 throwing up "please reboot project" -- Fixed in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I've been using Project legally for over 20 years - so I got a bit surprised to see when starting a blank new Project task yesterday I kept getting... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by jimbo45, Jun 10, 2021.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Project 2019 throwing up "please reboot project" -- Fixed

I've been using Project legally for over 20 years - so I got a bit surprised to see when starting a blank new Project task yesterday I kept getting message -- Your license has been updated please re-boot project !!!! I was using the Work supplied version via Working remotely at home as I think a load of us are still doing that a lot currently). Never had a problem with this before and I needed to get this working. You can't have hideously expensive engineering resources and equipment hanging around idle just because a bit of Software fails but this stuff is far too complex to do manually. Ms on the phone is just a total waste of time - the zombies at the other end of the Planet can't get it through their thick nozzles that companies like Shell, IBM, Accenture, KPMG etc etc aren't going to permit their subcontractors and employees to mess around with Pirate or non-approved software. I gave up on the phone after about 10 mins -- you can tell immediately that the whole thing is a waste of time. Anyway I just did "Repair" via programs and features- >unistall/modify and chose the "Quick repair" option. After about 5 Mins could restart Project again -- all OK. Not sure what Ms is playing at with some of the problems around latest updates -- in any case Office/365 doesn't offer Project (even if it's about to ofer VISIO -- that program was OK on my system though) so why in the world is it hosing up that too !!!! Project isn't used a lot other than by certain pros / free lancers in managerial / financial / engineering capabilities in managing large / complex projects --hardly the sort of people to be using Pirated software - especially if a large organisation was found to be using pirated versions the fines would run into Millions of Dollars !!! apart from the attendant bad publicity. Something at Ms's QC has gone very wrong recently. I see loads here who have a legal version of OFFICE as well have been getting all sorts of nag messages after latest updates (2105). I've only done "repair" on Project so I can't say whether that will work on other components of Office as I don't have problems with anything else in the Office suite on my system. Cheers jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jun 10, 2021

2. Microsoft Project 2019 VL not opening on Windows 10!

Thank you for your reply, though your suggestions didn't solve my problem with Microsoft Project 2019, it was certainly helpful and lead me in the right direction!

I enabled the built-in Administrator account as per your advise and started Project 2019 with the problem still persisting, instead of ending the process, I chose to sign out of the Administrator account with the hanging app obviously preventing me from signing
    out prompting me to sign out anyway or cancel!

I chose to cancel signing out and got a small dialogue box open in front of Project's splash screen with no message, just an ok button - so I clicked on the ok button and tried to sing out again with the splash screen still on the screen, I was prompted again
    to sign out anyway or cancel - and I cancelled yet again - found the same small dialogue and clicked ok again, after clicking ok I got a warning from Project that my decimal symbol and list separator are the same (a comma by default for my region - South Africa).
    I clicked ok on the warning and Project opened up for the first time. I closed Project and changed the decimal symbol to a period and the problem was solved!

Arthur Durand, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Paint 3D Projects not Appearing

Hi,

The location that you've provided is the default file storage for Paint 3D. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we'll be needing additional information:

• Have you tried browsing on the default file storage and open the project files in Open menu? If yes, what happens when opening the project files?
    • What do you mean about project.json does not point to any of the projects?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Windows apps troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step and check if the project files are visible in the Open menu. You can also try browsing the project files in the Open menu after running the troubleshooter.
    For your reference, check this article on how to run the troubleshooter for Windows apps.

We'll be waiting to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to project PC screen to TV

Hi Pat,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• How are you trying to project the Laptop screen?
    • Are you receiving any error message?
    • Were you able to project the laptop screen to TV earlier?
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article
    Fix connections to wireless displays or docks
    and check if that helps.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Project 2019 throwing up "please reboot project" -- Fixed - Similar Threads - Project 2019 throwing

2. projection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    projection: i can not projection just say something went wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/projection/f4565f30-3d35-4749-a0e8-c38b502f8cc5
  3. projection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    projection: i can not projection just say something went wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/projection/f4565f30-3d35-4749-a0e8-c38b502f8cc5
  4. Projecting

Projecting: When I project my laptop to tv screen it defaultly select second screen only mode. How can I move to both screen on mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/projecting/c6c87a0f-0c6b-40fc-b0b5-0ffd1a3ad6e9
  5. Projection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Projection: I have a Samsung 50NU6950 TV and a Dell Inspiron 3505. I have been using the Project function and it has been working. A few days ago, I tried to use it. It said "connecting". Then it said connection wasn't successful. I tried a few more times with the same result. I gave it...
  6. Projection

Projection: I have a Samsung 50NU6950 TV and a Dell Inspiron 3505. I have been using the Project function and it has been working. A few days ago, I tried to use it. It said "connecting". Then it said connection wasn't successful. I tried a few more times with the same result. I gave it...
  7. Projection

Projection: this device doesn't support receiving miracast so you can't project to it wirelessly fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/projection/9152c1c8-65df-4acc-968b-5393aba93850
  8. Html project in Blend 2019

Html project in Blend 2019: Hello Everyone, I'm following a training guide for the Exam 70-480 from Microsoft but I'm a little stuck. The training guide book is asking me to create a html file and in Blend 2019 I can only create XAML files. [ATTACH] Beside blend 2019 I have download an older...
  9. Project Professional 2019

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Project Professional 2019: Through my work/school I was able to buy the above. Printout said from my personal device{computer} access order detail for next step on how to install and activate. What do I go to and where do I find access order details?...
  10. Projecting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Projecting: I'm using an HDMI cord to project on my TV. I plugged in the cord and nothing happened. I tried using project and it says, "Your PC can't project to another screen." What and how should I do?...