Windows 10: Project and build structure for Microsoft DirectShow based virtual webcam application on...

Discus and support Project and build structure for Microsoft DirectShow based virtual webcam application on... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to create simplest virtual webcam application which can display image file on my local filesystem. After initial research on stackoverflow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alokmahor, Jan 11, 2021.

1. alokmahor Win User

Project and build structure for Microsoft DirectShow based virtual webcam application on...

I am trying to create simplest virtual webcam application which can display image file on my local filesystem.

After initial research on stackoverflow links and seeing OBS Studio source code I got some idea how can I achieve this.

1. I would need to use Microsoft DirectShow.
    2. I would need to develop one source filter that would work as capture filter using IBaseFilter
    3. I would need to develop another source filter that would work as output filter or virtual webcam filter. I would need to compile this filter as .dll file and will need to register using regsvr32.exe
      As given on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/directshow/building-directshow-filters
    4. I would need to create Filter Graph and Capture Filter Graph using CoCreateInstance like
      hr = CoCreateInstanceCLSID_FilterGraph, NULL, CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER, IID_IFilterGraph, void **&graph;
      hr = CoCreateInstanceCLSID_CaptureGraphBuilder2, NULL, CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER, IID_ICaptureGraphBuilder2, void **&builder;
    5. Then I would need to add these filters to Filter Graph
    6. Then I would set Filter Graph to Capture Filter Graph like hr = builder->SetFiltergraphgraph;

Here is my confusion now:
    After these steps I am not sure if I have to wrap these Graph Filters and Capture Graph Filter in one application which would be having main method and compile it to get .exe file or I need to compile as another .dll file.

Or How should I wrap these steps to create final application?

:)

alokmahor, Jan 11, 2021
  2. malware Win User

Microsoft and Dassault Systèmes Launch Microsoft Virtual Earth -3DVIA

Dassault Systèmes (DS), a world leader in 3-D and product life-cycle management (PLM) solutions, and Microsoft Corp. today launched Microsoft Virtual Earth -3DVIA (Technology Preview). This free online application, developed by Dassault Systèmes, allows consumers to imagine and create realistic 3-D models — such as of buildings and structures — then share them through Microsoft Virtual Earth and online communities.

“Virtual Earth -3DVIA users will be able to build a world that mixes their future projects and ideas with real-life places, buildings and structures,” said Lynne Wilson, senior vice president and general manager of 3DVIA at Dassault Systèmes. “Through Microsoft’s online geographic location mapping technology and our 3-D modeling and realistic visualization know-how, we have created a new level of realism within Virtual Earth that provides an unrestricted freedom for creativity and innovation.”

Users can download Virtual Earth -3DVIA for free and immediately begin using the fun, easy-to-use and intuitive application. Virtual Earth -3DVIA allows anyone to do the following with their ideas:
    • Create. With just a few clicks, users can easily design a 3-D model of their house, favorite building or any structure, then select from different visualization options, textures and colors to give their 3-D model a style of its own.
    • Publish. Users can upload their 3-D models to Virtual Earth, specifying an address or neighborhood so they can experience the model within a real-life context.
    • Share. Users can add their 3-D model to collections, and share it with friends and colleagues through Web communities.
    “Our alliance with Dassault Systèmes, a company that has 26 years of technology experience in 3-D modeling, will help us bring a new level of realism to Virtual Earth,” said Stephen Lawler, general manager of Virtual Earth at Microsoft. “Microsoft is committed to delivering the highest-quality product for our Virtual Earth customers, and this enhancement is another step toward fulfilling that commitment.”

Virtual Earth -3DVIA is being released as a technology preview to allow community feedback before the next release of the product. More information about Virtual Earth -3DVIA is available online at Karten.

Source: Microsoft

malware, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Jan 11, 2021
  4. shuggans Win User

Project and build structure for Microsoft DirectShow based virtual webcam application on...

C# Web Webcam Capture Help

Hello all. I stumbled across this project: http://kristoffer.vinther.name/projects/managed-directshow/ which could be used in a project I've been wanting to take on for a while now. However, when I set up the "Camcorder" application to capture from a webcam source as shown on the project's page, I get this error from visual studio 2010:
    pointing to this line:
    Code: this.asfRecorder1.Record();[/quote] When I investigate the error further, VS2010 tells me it's looking for "String what" and "Records string contents to a file"

The help online says "String
    A designation of what is to be recorded, e.g. the title of a show. " - http://kristoffer.vinther.name/proj...DirectShow.Components.AsfRecorderMembers.html and http://kristoffer.vinther.name/proj...tShow.Components.FileRecorderBase.Record.html

If anyone can help me make sense of this, It is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

shuggans, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Project and build structure for Microsoft DirectShow based virtual webcam application on... - Similar Threads - Project build structure

2. Virtualization based on core i7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtualization based on core i7: A Dell Latitude laptop with an Intel Core i7 processor runs Microsoft Windows 10 and Microsoft Windows 11 side by side.The laptop came installed with Windows 10.There is no known installation of a hypervisor before the Windows 11 was installed.Is this an example or...
  3. Iriun Virtual Webcam App

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Iriun Virtual Webcam App: I used that app before and it worked perfectly. Today, i installed it again but it doesn't work. In device manager, it doesn't seem as a webcam. Its mic is working but its cam doesn't work. Its webcam is an "Unknown Device" and doesn't even have a hardware id. Please help!...
  4. Virtual webcam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual webcam: Hello all Does anyone know if there is software that can get footage from a real webcam, apply virtual background and then expose itself as a webcam that other software like Teams can use as it input source? While Teams does have virtual background feature, I need to do it...
  5. Custom virtual webcam

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom virtual webcam: I would like to be able to create a virtual webcam that lets me select an image or a video to output while still remaining a webcam submitted by /u/LLproGam3r [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ffupxl/custom_virtual_webcam/
  6. virtualization based security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    virtualization based security: Should virtualization based security be enabled. I find under system information that mine is disabled. 132401
  7. virtualization based security

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    virtualization based security: Should virtualization based security be enabled. I find under system information that mine is disabled. 132401
  8. Applications for project

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Applications for project: I wonder if there is any app (except for the Paint) which I can use for a blueprinting, graph paper, grid-work project?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/applications-for-project/e67989c5-5b88-4bf3-b3e6-5076993c8d72"
  9. No Project Spartan in Build 10049

in Browsers and Email
    No Project Spartan in Build 10049: Hi there. I recently installed 10049, but Project Spartan is not there or isn't working. When I go to All Apps and search under P for Project Spartan, there is an icon. When I click on it, it puts a big picture of Project Spartan on the screen, but there is no Internet...
  10. DirectShow Error Crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectShow Error Crash: I have encountered this error : DxDiag says “DxDiag has detected that there may have been a problem accessing DirectShow the last time this program was used. Would you like to bypass DirectShow this time?” If I click ‘Yes’ DxDiag appears to run normally. If I click ‘No’...