Windows 10: Project Everest: Greater heights in internet communication security

Discus and support Project Everest: Greater heights in internet communication security in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] Project Everest is working on a verified, secure communication stack designed to improve the security of HTTPS, a key internet safeguard. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Project Everest: Greater heights in internet communication security

Source: Project Everest: Reaching greater heights in internet communication security - Microsoft Research

:)

Brink, Jan 15, 2019

2. Cannot adjust height for WMR on laptop

Hello Philip,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Are you trying to set the floor height for the first time?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

1. Open the Mixed reality portal and click on the
      ellipses at the left hand bottom corner.
    2. Click on Settings and under Mixed Reality click on
      headset display.
    3. Under Experience options click on
      change.
    4. Now under the drop down options select
      60Hz and save it.
    5. Restart the headset.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 15, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 15, 2019
  4. Project Everest: Greater heights in internet communication security

suggest best internet security/antivirus for windows 7

Hello,

I m using HP envy 3090nr laptop having windows 7 home premium.

I was using norton internet security previously which was very good, no virus problem so far.

But i want to know any other internet security which is better or similar and free?

Give your suggestions for best free as well as best paid internet security.

Also give your opinion for microsoft security essentials.

Thanks.

freebird_9924, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

Project Everest: Greater heights in internet communication security

1. Project Everest: Greater heights in internet communication security - Similar Threads - Project Everest Greater

2. Taskbar height

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar height: The large taskbar is ugly. When in Windows 11 will we be able to have the small one we had in Windows 10. I don't need date and time - just time is fine. As mentioned elsewhere, removing it was a retrograde step....
  3. Taskbar height

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar height: The large taskbar is ugly. When in Windows 11 will we be able to have the small one we had in Windows 10. I don't need date and time - just time is fine. As mentioned elsewhere, removing it was a retrograde step....
  4. Security with screen projection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security with screen projection: Hi,I have a personal surface pro laptop. And I tried to use it as a secondary monitor with my office laptop and it was successful. But I worry about somehow sharing my personal files into my office laptop including some malwares I have on my personal laptop. It is possible...
  5. Security with screen projection

Security with screen projection: Hi,I have a personal surface pro laptop. And I tried to use it as a secondary monitor with my office laptop and it was successful. But I worry about somehow sharing my personal files into my office laptop including some malwares I have on my personal laptop. It is possible...
  6. Security with screen projection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. "Roblox requires internet explorer 6 or greater"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Roblox requires internet explorer 6 or greater": when i try to install roblox it tells me "roblox requires internet explorer 6 or greater" and i have the most recent version of microsoft edge i don't understand why it tells me this how to fix it?...
  8. "Roblox requires internet explorer 6 or greater"

"Roblox requires internet explorer 6 or greater": when i try to install roblox it tells me "roblox requires internet explorer 6 or greater" and i have the most recent version of microsoft edge i don't understand why it tells me this how to fix it?...
  9. Programs not communicating with internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs not communicating with internet: Hello, ive just purchased my first mobile wifi to my home and its speed is reaching good heights and its working perfectly for all my devices but my pc, im using an eternhet cable and im also writing this rn on my pc beacuse its actually working on most websites but my games...
  10. Wireless Printer quit communicating with the internet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Printer quit communicating with the internet: My wireless printer quit communicating with the internet when I got a new modem. Did my IP Address change when I got a new modem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-printer-quit-communicating-with-the/1600e30c-fbca-46bc-bb31-3eae328626f7

Users found this page by searching for:

1. (ipv6 AND security) ipv4