Windows 10: Project from Windows PC to PC over Ethernet Wired, Not Wireless

Discus and support Project from Windows PC to PC over Ethernet Wired, Not Wireless in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there any way to project a windows PC to PC over LAN?I have seen Micracast over Infrastructure by Microsoft. Why doesn't Microsoft have a "Wired... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Malachi Bergman1, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Project from Windows PC to PC over Ethernet Wired, Not Wireless

Is there any way to project a windows PC to PC over LAN?I have seen Micracast over Infrastructure by Microsoft. Why doesn't Microsoft have a "Wired Display" additional feature like they do for "Wireless Display"?Why hasn't Microsoft made this possible?I am not interested in wireless projection options. With the hardware I have, I should need nothing else besides a LAN connection to do this.VNC connections are not a desired solution. That would still be a separate computer and not an additional display.

:)

Malachi Bergman1, Aug 8, 2022
  2. Ed_H_99 Win User

Projecting to this PC - Without Wireless

I have been looking into the Projecting to this PC capabilities within Windows 10 anniversary. I had a few issues but was able to resolve them. I was hoping someone could shed a little light on something.

We have a conference room PC w/ 65 in display. It has a wired connection to our network. It also has the ability to connect to the same network via WiFi.

I was able to project the desktop from another laptop on to the 65 in display when both are connected to the network via WiFi. I was wondering why all the documentation I've read on 'projecting' states that both devices need to be connected wirelessly.
    Is there a reason why an ethernet connected display would not be able to display of the desktop of the wireless laptop?

Ed_H_99, Aug 8, 2022
  3. Zaki_j Win User
    Unable to project PC screen to TV

Hi Saidy,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are not able to project the PC screen to TV. It would be great if you can answer these questions to assist you in a better way.

1. What is the make and model of the PC and TV?
    2. What happens when you try to project to TV?
    3. Were you able to project the laptop screen to TV earlier?

Miracast is a wireless technology your PC can use to project your screen to TVs, projectors, and streaming media players that also support Miracast. You can use this to share what you’re doing on your
    PC, present a slide show, or even play your favorite game on a larger screen.

I suggest you refer and follow the suggestions from
    Fix connections to wireless displays or docks

Additional Information:

Project to a wireless display with Miracast.

Fix connections to wireless displays or docks in Windows

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Aug 8, 2022
  4. Project from Windows PC to PC over Ethernet Wired, Not Wireless

Jeraldine Ase, Aug 8, 2022
Thema:

Project from Windows PC to PC over Ethernet Wired, Not Wireless

1. Project from Windows PC to PC over Ethernet Wired, Not Wireless - Similar Threads - Project Ethernet Wired

2. Wired Ethernet Printer not connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Ethernet Printer not connecting to PC: Hi my PC is currently running Windows 10 and my HP Officejet 5740 is connected to the router via LAN. I accidentally deleted the printer from my PC and now I can't seem to reconnect it. I'd tried to manually create a TCP/IP port, I've disabled my firewall completely, I've...
  3. Wired Ethernet Printer not connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired Ethernet Printer not connecting to PC: Hi my PC is currently running Windows 10 and my HP Officejet 5740 is connected to the router via LAN. I accidentally deleted the printer from my PC and now I can't seem to reconnect it. I'd tried to manually create a TCP/IP port, I've disabled my firewall completely, I've...
  4. Wired Ethernet Printer not connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Project from Windows PC to PC over Ethernet Wired, Not Wireless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Project from Windows PC to PC over Ethernet Wired, Not Wireless: Is there any way to project a windows PC to PC over LAN?I have seen Micracast over Infrastructure by Microsoft. Why doesn't Microsoft have a "Wired Display" additional feature like they do for "Wireless Display"?Why hasn't Microsoft made this possible?I am not interested in...
  6. Desktop PC constantly drops wired ethernet connection randomly for 5 seconds but Wireless...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop PC constantly drops wired ethernet connection randomly for 5 seconds but Wireless...: My Dell Alienware Aurora R8 win10 constantly keeps dropping internet connections randomly for only 5 seconds but its ANNOYING !The PC Wireless connection NEVER drops a connection at all but the speed is much slower.A strange thing I have also noticed is that weather radar...
  7. Desktop PC constantly loses wired ethernet connection but Wireless internet never fails.

Desktop PC constantly loses wired ethernet connection but Wireless internet never fails.: My Dell Alienware Aurora R8 win10 constantly keeps dropping internet connections randomly for only 5 seconds but its ANNOYING !The PC Wireless connection NEVER drops a connection but the speed is much slower.A strange thing I have also noticed is that weather radar will not...
  8. wireless projecting Pc to mobile ??

in Windows 10 Customization
    wireless projecting Pc to mobile ??: Im able to wirelessly mirror cast my mobile to my pc - but can it be done vise versa ?? wireless projecting Pc to mobile ??? I can not find any youtube links for this - only links for the method I already have....
  9. No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless

No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless: I have a Windows 10 desktop that will not connect to the Internet either wired Ethernet or wireless. It previously connected fine through a D-Link DWA-140 USB wireless adapter. I swapped the adapter to an identical machine and it worked fine. I plugged in a known working...
  10. PC disconnects from wired ethernet every night

PC disconnects from wired ethernet every night: Every morning when I get to work the PC is awake, but all of my programs either report that they have been disconnected or start reconnecting to the network when I unlock the computer. Is there some power option that's causing the network adapter to turn off overnight? 76369