Windows 10: Project Menu shows up but doesn't actually do anything

Discus and support Project Menu shows up but doesn't actually do anything in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi all, I'm having an issue with the projection menu / screen switching on Windows 10 Home, where the menu does open up when hitting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Alek-Ce117, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Project Menu shows up but doesn't actually do anything

Project Menu shows up but doesn't actually do anything 8qs9e8DQyvRmyyMHmaoEvBM8LnMt33GAn3G2C9aDi4A.jpg

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with the projection menu / screen switching on Windows 10 Home, where the menu does open up when hitting the shortcut "Win+P" and scrolling through the different options with "P" while holding down the "Win" key but none of the option ,ie. Second Screen, does anything. To put this more plainly, I can bring the menu up from the shortcut on the keyboard, but nothing else happens after I make a selection.

Going to Display Settings, Multiple Displays, Show Only On 2 works as it should, so does Extend and Duplicate.

I've searched online for quite a while now and already Ran SFC/Scannow, Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Scanhealth, and replaced the Displayswitch.exe and granted all users Full Access (this must be why my menu looks like its from a previous version).

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

https://preview.redd.it/obnjbmdrpox...bp&s=8d7d3f425eec77cb29e61a979faf392d77d68100

submitted by /u/Alek-Ce117
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Alek-Ce117, Nov 9, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Project Menu shows up but doesn't actually do anything [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Nov 9, 2019
  3. projecting screen

my phone doesn 't project screen

when i connect it to pc it doesn't show any notification

and after downloading project my screen app in window it still doesn't work

VipinYadav_711, Nov 9, 2019
  4. CyrrusV Win User

Project Menu shows up but doesn't actually do anything

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Project Menu shows up but doesn't actually do anything

1. Project Menu shows up but doesn't actually do anything - Similar Threads - Project Menu shows

2. Wifi menu doesn't show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi menu doesn't show up: I've been using windows 11 for ever since it came out and all of the sudden when I click on the little wifi, audio, or battery icon on the bottom right of the screen the menu doesn't pop up any more please help....
  3. Wifi menu doesn't show up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi menu doesn't show up: I've been using windows 11 for ever since it came out and all of the sudden when I click on the little wifi, audio, or battery icon on the bottom right of the screen the menu doesn't pop up any more please help....
  4. The update screen stays loading and doesn't show up anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The update screen stays loading and doesn't show up anything: Hello I have windows 10 Education: from when I was studying a few years from that now idk if that affects the account or something cause I'm no longer a student idk that's why I'm mentioning it I really never payed too much attention to the Update function cause everything...
  5. The update screen stays loading and doesn't show up anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The update screen stays loading and doesn't show up anything: Hello I have windows 10 Education: from when I was studying a few years from that now idk if that affects the account or something cause I'm no longer a student idk that's why I'm mentioning it I really never payed too much attention to the Update function cause everything...
  6. The update screen stays loading and doesn't show up anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Stereo Mix shows up, but doesn't record *anything*

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stereo Mix shows up, but doesn't record *anything*: Hi guys. I've been on Windows 10 for less than a month. I have been running Windows 7 for over a decade before that with the same machine. You can see my new specs below. But I digress. Let's go to the issue. On Windows 7, everything worked when it came to sound with a few...
  8. How to tell if a vpn is actually doing anything?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to tell if a vpn is actually doing anything?: How to tell if a vpn is actually doing anything? I have a vpn which came free with a subscription andI'm trying it out, but I don't notice any difference. the vpn is Vyprvpn. 132826
  9. Start menu doesn't show up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu doesn't show up: HI, my pc is having this simple problem: when left clicking on the start icon the start menu doesn't show up, instead the icon background chances colour from black to white. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Other info: - full screen start menu mode works. - the start menu works with...
  10. Windows dual boot menu doesn't show up

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows dual boot menu doesn't show up: Hi! I just installed the latest build, but for some reason, when I turn my PC on, I see the usual BIOS thing, then it's pitch black. I know the boot menu is still there, but nothing on the screen. Is there any way to fix this? Edit: I can access Windows (the boot menu does...