Windows 10: Project shortcut does nothing

Discus and support Project shortcut does nothing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The Project shortcut does nothing when i click on any of the options, the problem was temporarily solved after formatting but it surfaced again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ISayHeck, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Project shortcut does nothing

The Project shortcut does nothing when i click on any of the options, the problem was temporarily solved after formatting but it surfaced again recently, would love some advice on how to solve it.

edit: i'm on build 19042.867

submitted by /u/ISayHeck
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ISayHeck, Mar 13, 2021
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Project shortcut does nothing :)

terrace, Mar 13, 2021
  3. Project sidebar

Hi Stephen,

Pressing the project shortcut key accidentally is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. To help isolate the issue, we'd like to ask the following questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer before the issue started?
    • Is the issue only occur whenever you're typing on the keyboard of the laptop?

To help further isolate the issue, we suggest observing the laptop screen and do not type anything on the keyboard for about 15-30 minutes to check if the Project option will show up.

Update us on the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Martin Bar, Mar 13, 2021
  4. Project shortcut does nothing

How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 13, 2021
Thema:

Project shortcut does nothing

1. Project shortcut does nothing - Similar Threads - Project shortcut does

2. F8 does nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    F8 does nothing: I can't boot into safe mode and everytime I boot it says windows installation can't be completed and it loops when I tried booting into safe mode using f8 it does nothing but beeps...
  3. F8 does nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    F8 does nothing: I can't boot into safe mode and everytime I boot it says windows installation can't be completed and it loops when I tried booting into safe mode using f8 it does nothing but beeps...
  4. WIN + Shift + Left/right arrow shortcut does nothing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN + Shift + Left/right arrow shortcut does nothing.: WIN + SHIFT + left/right arrow used to move windows between monitors. I can't say for certain when it stopped working memory issue my memory, not computer memory, but it's been at least a few weeks. Every other Win key shortcut I can think of works WIN + R to run, WIN +...
  5. WIN + Shift + Left/right arrow shortcut does nothing.

WIN + Shift + Left/right arrow shortcut does nothing.: WIN + SHIFT + left/right arrow used to move windows between monitors. I can't say for certain when it stopped working memory issue my memory, not computer memory, but it's been at least a few weeks. Every other Win key shortcut I can think of works WIN + R to run, WIN +...
  6. How to restore shortcuts to desktop on Windows 10. Creating Desktop Temp does nothing!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore shortcuts to desktop on Windows 10. Creating Desktop Temp does nothing!: Shortcuts have disappeared from desktop.Have tried creating folder Desktop TempIt says there is nothing to show.Help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-shortcuts-to-desktop-on-windows-10/7b2c0f6a-3ee1-4090-ba98-7ae7c63b5d7a
  7. How to restore shortcuts to desktop on Windows 10. Creating Desktop Temp does nothing!

How to restore shortcuts to desktop on Windows 10. Creating Desktop Temp does nothing!: Shortcuts have disappeared from desktop.Have tried creating folder Desktop TempIt says there is nothing to show.Help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-shortcuts-to-desktop-on-windows-10/7b2c0f6a-3ee1-4090-ba98-7ae7c63b5d7a
  8. How to restore shortcuts to desktop on Windows 10. Creating Desktop Temp does nothing!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Setup.exe does nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup.exe does nothing: I recently got a new windows 10 pc and tried to download Sydney 2000 on there. I click setup and nothing. Nothing pops up. I try it with triple play 2001 and the same thing happens. I tried on another windows 10 and the installation works there for both games. Any...
  10. Right-clicking Word shortcut in taskbar does nothing.

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-clicking Word shortcut in taskbar does nothing.: Windows 10 with Microsoft Word 2013 is not showing any of the recent files when I right click on the Word shortcut in task bar. However it's working OK with other Microsoft Office icons such as Excel or other apps. 61935