Windows 10: Project Spartan

Discus and support Project Spartan in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I saw somewhere on a MS site that if you are a member of THe insiders Club that you can download this browser. I can't seem to locate the url for the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Gary, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Gary Win User

Project Spartan

I saw somewhere on a MS site that if you are a member of THe insiders Club that you can download this browser. I can't seem to locate the url for the download. Can anyone help with this?

:)

2. Edge won't stop loading. Blue spinning circle of death for days & days. What's going on with Microsoft Edge?

What is the "Project Spartan" homepage?

gloria******, Mar 27, 2015
  3. Will Windows 10 have Internet Explorer?

IE is still included in windows 10 BUT it is being retired and replaced with project spartan. Spartan is set to be the default browser in win 10 and it can import all of IE's favs bookmarks, etc.

I suspect there will be some gowning pains in getting used to Spartan.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Mar 27, 2015
  4. gzt7d8 Win User

Project Spartan

Hmm, I've been to the site lately and don't recall anything like that. If it was, I'm sure someone from this site would have posted the news. All I've heard is Sparty will be available in future builds.

gzt7d8, Mar 27, 2015
  5. rfruth Win User
    Not heard this myself but would love a link

rfruth, Mar 27, 2015
  6. Gary Win User
    It was posted on The MS site where you would download it from. It said that it was not released yest but if you were in a hurry to get it you can if you were a member of The Insiders Club. I cannot find any more about it.

7. z3r010 Win User
    I've not heard anything about this and tbh given the way the internet leaks I'd expect it everywhere if there was any form of release.

z3r010, Mar 27, 2015
  8. Mystere Win User

Project Spartan

The only way to currently see Project Spartan is to download the leaked 10014 (not to be confused with the current official 10041) build, which is not available from Microsoft, and only through shady underground sites... which we can't really post url's to here.

Mystere, Mar 27, 2015
  9. Gary Win User
    I was looking through my history and clicked on windows download and I guess I got a Windows 10 version of a Blue Screen. So I will just wait, from what I have read it is going to use Chrome extensions and I will have nothing to do with Chrome. It did say that there are many versions out there that are fake. Thanks for the responses guys*Smile

10. Vladimir Win User
    The only way to see Spartan is to get a build that comes with it, and as far as I know there's no way to put hands on such builds, like 10009 and 10014 .

*Smile

Vladimir, Mar 27, 2015
  11. NickTh Win User
    Probably yes, and my recommendation is Just wait until comes with an update. Do not download leaked / non Official builds. It will come when it's ready.

NickTh, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Project Spartan

1. Project Spartan - Similar Threads - Project Spartan

2. How to change options on Project Spartan?

in Browsers and Email
    How to change options on Project Spartan?: Just started looking at Spartan today and I'm struggling to work out how to do a few things, that I think were on the 'Internet Options' tab in IE. Can anyone tell me how to: Change how tabs work so when I open something in a new tab I automatically switch to that tab...
  3. Project Spartan fails to open

in Browsers and Email
    Project Spartan fails to open: Ever since I upgraded to version 10074 I cannot get Spartan to open. It starts to activate then shuts down again before the blue splash screen has disappeared. As Spartan is set to default - whenever I use a program that requires access to the net, it cant do anything as...
  4. No Project Spartan in Build 10049

in Browsers and Email
    No Project Spartan in Build 10049: Hi there. I recently installed 10049, but Project Spartan is not there or isn't working. When I go to All Apps and search under P for Project Spartan, there is an icon. When I click on it, it puts a big picture of Project Spartan on the screen, but there is no Internet...
  5. How to view older website in Project Spartan without using IE

in Browsers and Email
    How to view older website in Project Spartan without using IE: Hi, We have developed one website. which is working properly in IE 7,8 ,10 but in Spartan it is not viewing properly. We want to use Project spartan UI. Without using option "Open in Internet Explorer" which is available in Project Spartan. Kinldy suggest how to view...
  6. Interact with Desktop using Project Spartan...

in Browsers and Email
    Interact with Desktop using Project Spartan...: I am a developer who currently has a web application that calls a COM object on the PC that IE is running on. With Project Spartan I'm aware that they are getting rid of Active X which is the method we used to be able to do this. What I'm looking for is what is the...
  7. Learning to use Edge (Project Spartan

in Browsers and Email
    Learning to use Edge (Project Spartan: I am using Build 10074. How do I pin a website to the Start Screen? In Win 8.1 Internet Explorer, I could "Add site to Apps", then pin it to Start. How do I do this with Edge? 5905
  8. Microsoft Bounty Programs Expansion – Azure and Project Spartan

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Bounty Programs Expansion – Azure and Project Spartan: I am excited to announce significant expansions to the Microsoft Bounty Programs. We are evolving the 'Online Services Bug Bounty, launching a new bounty for Project Spartan, and updating the Mitigation Bypass Bounty. This continued evolution includes additions to the...
  9. Announcing 2015 “Project Spartan” Web Summit, May 5th and 6th

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing 2015 “Project Spartan” Web Summit, May 5th and 6th: In March, the Project Spartan team hosted a small, by-invitation workshop at our Silicon Valley campus with developers attending from popular sites and frameworks based around the Silicon Valley area. This was an invaluable opportunity for us to share our plans and meet face...
  10. Project Spartan now available in Windows 10 Preview for Phones

in Windows 10 News
    Project Spartan now available in Windows 10 Preview for Phones: As Gabe just announced on the Windows Blog, the latest Windows 10 Technical Preview build for phones is now available. With it, we are delighted to announce that Project Spartan for Windows phones is available to preview in this build. It's been just over a week since...