Windows 10: Project to this computer - Is my laptop capable?

Discus and support Project to this computer - Is my laptop capable? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; How do i know whether my laptop (running Windows 10 64 bit with may 2020 feature update) is capable of being projected to? That is whether i can use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by perfection, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Project to this computer - Is my laptop capable?

How do i know whether my laptop (running Windows 10 64 bit with may 2020 feature update)
    is capable of being projected to? That is whether i can use the function of project to this computer.
    Is there a test i can run or look for a driver or hardware to be present which will allow me to run this feature.

It seems rather easy from what i see on the internet but i am unable to get this feature going...so perhaps there is a deficiency in my laptop configuration or hardware.

But yes, I can project the contents of my laptop to a smart Tv wirelessly

Thanks

:)

perfection, Jun 11, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to project PC screen to TV

Hi Pat,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• How are you trying to project the Laptop screen?
    • Are you receiving any error message?
    • Were you able to project the laptop screen to TV earlier?
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article
    Fix connections to wireless displays or docks
    and check if that helps.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    how to project my laptop (Windows 10) screen and sound to my smart tv via wifi

For us to better assist you about your concern, we'd like to know the results of the steps that we've given above. Kindly answer the following questions as well for further research:

• Have you tried projecting your TV into another device with a Miracast function?
    • Have you tried projecting your Surface computer into another device?

Meanwhile, we also suggest that you try to update your display driver. Kindly follow the steps on this

link

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Project to this computer - Is my laptop capable?

Project sidebar

Hi Stephen,

Pressing the project shortcut key accidentally is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. To help isolate the issue, we'd like to ask the following questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer before the issue started?
    • Is the issue only occur whenever you're typing on the keyboard of the laptop?

To help further isolate the issue, we suggest observing the laptop screen and do not type anything on the keyboard for about 15-30 minutes to check if the Project option will show up.

Update us on the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Martin Bar, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Project to this computer - Is my laptop capable?

1. Project to this computer - Is my laptop capable? - Similar Threads - Project computer laptop

2. My computer says it's not capable of bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer says it's not capable of bluetooth?: I have been using bluetooth headphones with my computer for ages. However, today it disconnected my headphones mid-game - I figured they had run out of power so I plugged them in to let them recharge, but when they were charged again it didn't work. I went into bluetooth...
  3. My computer says it's not capable of bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer says it's not capable of bluetooth?: I have been using bluetooth headphones with my computer for ages. However, today it disconnected my headphones mid-game - I figured they had run out of power so I plugged them in to let them recharge, but when they were charged again it didn't work. I went into bluetooth...
  4. Project to this computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Project to this computer: please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/project-to-this-computer/a339c4d2-38bc-4831-9ade-04fc166b8d06
  5. Project to this computer

Project to this computer: please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/project-to-this-computer/a339c4d2-38bc-4831-9ade-04fc166b8d06
  6. My Bluetooth capability disappeared again on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Bluetooth capability disappeared again on my laptop.: Had this before and it appeared again. Using an Inspiron 5515 form 11/2021 with up to date Windows 11 system.It took me a few days to realize tat the Bluetooth capabilities disappeared. Last time this happened February 2023 the Wifi capabillity disappeared too. Wifi is...
  7. Projecting to this PC: "We are still trying to determine the feature capabilities."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Projecting to this PC: "We are still trying to determine the feature capabilities.": My PC: Samsung Galaxy Book Flex2 Alpha https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/projecting-to-this-pc-we-are-still-trying-to/494ba3f3-21a9-4209-bffb-650fcf6c9fd8
  8. Projecting to this PC: "We are still trying to determine the feature capabilities."

Projecting to this PC: "We are still trying to determine the feature capabilities.": My PC: Samsung Galaxy Book Flex2 Alpha https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/projecting-to-this-pc-we-are-still-trying-to/494ba3f3-21a9-4209-bffb-650fcf6c9fd8
  9. Windows says it no longer capable with my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows says it no longer capable with my laptop: when i went to try to recover with windows 10 iso file and put in a usb i tried to install it onto my laptop. After it says setup is starting for like 5 mins and takes me back to the install tab. I do the same thing to try again and it says windows 10 is not capable to your...
  10. Is my laptop capable of Nvidia CUDA driver?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is my laptop capable of Nvidia CUDA driver?: I'm trying to install the Nvidia CUDA driver for an image upscaling program. My computer is an older laptop with Nvidia Geforce G105M graphics card, but looks likes its CUDA capable..? :] [img] I updated the graphics driver first.. [img] Then ran the CUDA...