Windows 10: Project to this PC problem

Discus and support Project to this PC problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I have some difficulties to make the "Project to this PC" feature working on my 2 computers. The feature is installed on my laptop and on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Niamor798, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Project to this PC problem

Hi, I have some difficulties to make the "Project to this PC" feature working on my 2 computers.

The feature is installed on my laptop and on my desktop computers. From laptop I can see the desktop and project onto it. Both computers are connected on same wifi network (actually the desktop is also connected via ethernet..).
    I'm happy with that but what I want is the opposite (project from desktop to laptop).

So when I want to project from my desktop to my laptop, I just don't see the laptop in the device list. I tried to disable ethernet card, reinstalling the feature on both sides but nothing works. I also tried on other wifi (2.4GHz)...

One more information : on my laptop I have 2 graphics card (Intel and Nvidia) and it's in hybrid mode which means the Intel card is used because I'm not running a game.

Did you ever got this problem and manage to outpass it ?

Thank you for your help !

submitted by /u/Niamor798
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Niamor798, Jan 2, 2021

2. Project to this PC Password setting

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

We understand your concern as you are unable to cast your android device to Windows 10 PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the Android version installed on the device?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if you are able to cast the device.

1. Press Windows + I key to open
      Settings
    2. Click on System and then click Projecting to this PC.
    3. Under Some Windows and Android devices can project to this PC when you say it’s OK select the drop down to
      Available everywhere.
    4. Now under Ask to project to this PC select First time only.
    5. Under Require PIN for pairing select Never.
    6. Now under This PC can be discovered for projection only when it’s plugged into a power source toggle the switch to On/Off.
    Once you set these settings follow the steps below.

1. Press Windows + S key together and type
      Connect.
    2. Now open Settings on your Phone and click on
      Connected devices.
    3. Then select Cast and choose the PC
      name
    Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 2, 2021
  3. Jeraldine Ase, Jan 2, 2021
  4. AsterT1 Win User

Project to this PC problem

Projecting to this pc

Hi Pravin1507,

I am Aster, an Independent Advisor and I'm here to help you with your problem.

You can try to change the permission again by doing the following steps:

1. go to Settings

2. click System

3. on the left menu, select Projecting to this PC

4. then on the main penel, select the options from the dropdown list according to what settings you would like

Hope this helps, thank you.

AsterT1, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

Project to this PC problem

1. Project to this PC problem - Similar Threads - Project problem

2. hello! i have a problem with projecting display on windows 11!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello! i have a problem with projecting display on windows 11!: I Have a samsung tv and i want to make a projecting my monitor, to tv and i cannot connect and i see the error Couldn't connect ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-a-problem-with-projecting-display-on/ef697bd0-298f-4760-a81f-47968f60b742
  3. hello! i have a problem with projecting display on windows 11!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hello! i have a problem with projecting display on windows 11!: I Have a samsung tv and i want to make a projecting my monitor, to tv and i cannot connect and i see the error Couldn't connect ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-a-problem-with-projecting-display-on/ef697bd0-298f-4760-a81f-47968f60b742
  4. I am having problems printing projects from Print Shop 4.0 Deluxe. Encore says this is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having problems printing projects from Print Shop 4.0 Deluxe. Encore says this is...: I use Print Shop 4.0 Deluxe and when I try to print a project it shows blank. Print Shop is owned by Encore and they put on their site that this problem was caused by a Microsoft Update. Do you have a fix for this problem?...
  5. I am having problems printing projects from Print Shop 4.0 Deluxe. Encore says this is...

I am having problems printing projects from Print Shop 4.0 Deluxe. Encore says this is...: I use Print Shop 4.0 Deluxe and when I try to print a project it shows blank. Print Shop is owned by Encore and they put on their site that this problem was caused by a Microsoft Update. Do you have a fix for this problem?...
  6. Problem in deploying my project into Hololens

Problem in deploying my project into Hololens: Hello,I developed a small application in Unity and wanted to deploy it view on HoloLens 2. I believe I set all the fields right in both unity and in Visual Studio when I was Building the application. I used Visual Studio 2019 and Unity Editor of 2020.3.8f1 for developing my...
  7. Problem in deploying my project into Hololens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem in deploying my project into Hololens: Hello,I developed a small application in Unity and wanted to deploy it view on HoloLens 2. I believe I set all the fields right in both unity and in Visual Studio when I was Building the application. I used Visual Studio 2019 and Unity Editor of 2020.3.8f1 for developing my...
  8. Projecting from a windows10 PC to a windows11 PC problem

Projecting from a windows10 PC to a windows11 PC problem: Hello,I've been having issues with wireless display. Basically I am projecting from a windows10 PC to a windoows11 laptop.I have done the following:1 Updated all drivers using OUtbyte updater on both computers.2 Updated all drivers using the updating feature in Settings.3 Set...
  9. Projecting from a windows10 PC to a windows11 PC problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Projecting from a windows10 PC to a windows11 PC problem: Hello,I've been having issues with wireless display. Basically I am projecting from a windows10 PC to a windoows11 laptop.I have done the following:1 Updated all drivers using OUtbyte updater on both computers.2 Updated all drivers using the updating feature in Settings.3 Set...
  10. WebView2- 'Page is Having a Problem’ Error on Microsoft Edge Project

WebView2- 'Page is Having a Problem’ Error on Microsoft Edge Project: Hi All i have installed Microsoft.Web.WebView21.0.1054.31 in my project, written code to open the website, some days back functionality was worked fine now the same code is not working and same code is working for others machines after adding below registry values...