Windows 10: Projecting from Asus laptop to TV as Wireless display isn't working

Discus and support Projecting from Asus laptop to TV as Wireless display isn't working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,I can't figure out, where is the problem, when I try tom project my laptop to TV via Wireless display. I searched information in google, and still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by walduxas, Feb 27, 2018.

1. walduxas Win User

Projecting from Asus laptop to TV as Wireless display isn't working

Hi,I can't figure out, where is the problem, when I try tom project my laptop to TV via Wireless display. I searched information in google, and still couldn't find a solution.
    I did the following steps:
    1. Updated all necessary drivers in PC and in TV;
    2. Checked in "dxdiag" and saw, that Miracast is supported (see attached document);
    3. "Dxdiag" shows, that Intel graphic card supports Miracast, but Nvidia doesn't (there are two graphic cards in my laptop);
    4. Tried to connect PC with TV via Wireless display. TV showed message "Connectin to PC NAME". PC also showed "Connecting". After 10 seconds message in TV disappeared. After 1 minute message in PC changed to "Couldn't connect".
    5. I tried to remove TV device from PC, and then add it again. It didn't help.
    6. I tried to remove PC device from TV and add it again. It didn't help.
    7. I tried to put PC close to TV, making sure it's in range. It didn't help.
    8. I tried to connect to TV via Samsung smart phone - connection was successful. This would mean, that something is wrong with PC.

What could be the reasons that Wireless display isn't working?
    Could it be that network adapter Broadcom 802.11n isn't suitable for Wireless display? Although "dxdiag" shows, that Miracast is supported.
    Could it be that Nvidia is used instead of Intel graphic card? But I tried to disable Nvidia, and still couldn't get connection.Regards

Projecting from Asus laptop to TV as Wireless display isn't working [​IMG]

:)

walduxas, Feb 27, 2018
  2. drvr6 Win User

Windows 10 Laptop won't connect to Polaroid TV

Hi Darian. Thanks for your reply. I'm a little confused between I was able to turn my Windows 10 laptop into a wireless monitor, and project my tablet display onto the laptop. But I couldn't project my Windows 10 laptop onto my Polaroid TV, a Samsung TV
    or a Fire TV Stick (which has a display monitoring option). Each time my laptop detected the Samsung/Hisense/Stick, attempted to connect (the TV noted the attempt), but couldn't. Are you sure it isn't something to do with my laptop? I had no trouble mirroring
    my tablet to the Samsung/Hisense/Stick, so this is odd.

Thanks!!

drvr6, Feb 27, 2018
  3. zebow Win User
    Why does my microsoft wireless video adapter work on one tv but not another

I have a windows 10 laptop and the Microsoft Wireless video adapter.

When I connect to one TV, the display adapter works as expected with that laptop.

I then moved the adapter to another TV, and tried to connect.

It would connect but then disconnect after 20 seconds or so (never showing the laptop screen.)

On the TV that is not working with the laptop, I can project my windows phone to it and it works as expected.

I have updated the firmware on the device.

Updated my laptop's display adapter too.

This laptop will work on that TV if I use an hdmi cable.

I have also lowered the resolution, changed the display to extended, duplicate, project only all to no avail.

Any suggestions?

zebow, Feb 27, 2018
Thema:

Projecting from Asus laptop to TV as Wireless display isn't working

1. Projecting from Asus laptop to TV as Wireless display isn't working - Similar Threads - Projecting Asus laptop

2. Connect LG TV to Asus laptop wirelessly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect LG TV to Asus laptop wirelessly: Hi all,I have a LG smart TV which I have always successfully connected my Asus laptop to share screen. However this connection suddenly stopped and I am no longer able to share my laptop screen to the TV.My laptop is still able to detect the TV under Connect to a wireless...
  3. Connect LG TV to Asus laptop wirelessly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect LG TV to Asus laptop wirelessly: Hi all,I have a LG smart TV which I have always successfully connected my Asus laptop to share screen. However this connection suddenly stopped and I am no longer able to share my laptop screen to the TV.My laptop is still able to detect the TV under Connect to a wireless...
  4. Cannot "Cast" to a wireless display TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot "Cast" to a wireless display TV: Although I can find my Sony 90J TV and connect my Yoga 9 Lenovo to it using the Microsoft Edge tool "Cast media to device", I cannot directly do so utilizing "Connect to a wireless display Cast" from the Settings. The message is "No displays are available"....
  5. Cannot "Cast" to a wireless display TV

Cannot "Cast" to a wireless display TV: Although I can find my Sony 90J TV and connect my Yoga 9 Lenovo to it using the Microsoft Edge tool "Cast media to device", I cannot directly do so utilizing "Connect to a wireless display Cast" from the Settings. The message is "No displays are available"....
  6. Wireless Projection to another laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Projection to another laptop: Hello everyone,I'm trying to connect 2 laptops via bluetooth so I can expand my display, but the problem is it only connects one way.When I use my ASUS to project to my HP it connects perfectly and I am able to project to it, but when I try to project my HP to the ASUS it...
  7. Wireless Projection to another laptop

Wireless Projection to another laptop: Hello everyone,I'm trying to connect 2 laptops via bluetooth so I can expand my display, but the problem is it only connects one way.When I use my ASUS to project to my HP it connects perfectly and I am able to project to it, but when I try to project my HP to the ASUS it...
  8. Unable to Project my screen to a wireless display

Unable to Project my screen to a wireless display: I have a Lenovo m720q Tiny PC connected to a LCD TV setup as wireless display in a conference room at work. It is utilizing Assigned Access as a kiosk running the Connect App. Everything looks good and the display is discoverable on my Lenovo T480s laptop. But every time I...
  9. feel kinda stupid asking project display onto tv to watch tv and continue to work on laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    feel kinda stupid asking project display onto tv to watch tv and continue to work on laptop: I have a bluetooh wirless keyboard and wind 10 surface pro 3. I can connect and display to project tv & movies to my tv the problem is I cant get the display rt. im clearly missing something because when I press detect it does not. and I want to continue to work on my...
  10. Can't connect TV to wireless display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't connect TV to wireless display: I can't connect my Windows 10 desktop to my Samsung 7 Series TV as a wireless display. I have no problem connecting the TV to my Windows 10 laptop, but when I try to do connect my desktop it either fails to connect or it connects but the picture is all messed up. 134679

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus latop have problem to projecting wireless