Windows 10: Projecting from laptop as a second monitor to PC not working

Discus and support Projecting from laptop as a second monitor to PC not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I have been trying to connect my Laptop to my Desktop computer for a while now, but I can not see it after pressing windows + P and selecting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zane_G, Dec 15, 2021.

1. Zane_G Win User

Projecting from laptop as a second monitor to PC not working

Hi,I have been trying to connect my Laptop to my Desktop computer for a while now, but I can not see it after pressing windows + P and selecting 'connect to a device'. My laptop just simply not show up in the list. I have checked if both my desktop computer and laptop support Wireless Display in CMD using 'netsh wlan show driver' and they both say 'yes'.I think the problem is in the way my computers are connected to the Network at my house. My Desktop is connected through a CAT 6 cable to my modem, but my laptop uses WiFi to connect. I don't know if this is a problem but it is hard to find any

:)

Zane_G, Dec 15, 2021

2. Project Second screen constantly appearing.

Hi Norga,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Let us know some more information so that we can diagnose and troubleshoot the issue in a better way:

• what is the exact issue that you want us to help with? Do you want to get help in projecting a second screen or to remove the popup?
    • As you've said " I tried unsuccessfully to project a screen", do you wish to project a second screen currently?
    • What happened exactly when you tried to project a second screen? Did you receive any error message or any error code?
    The popup comes as the system might not be able to detect the monitors. I suggest you to update the Display drivers, it may force the system to detect the available monitors. Here is the steps:

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Locate the driver and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.

Reply with the information and we'll be happy to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Dec 15, 2021
  3. Project on second screen not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

As you have already did some troubleshooting steps to fix this issue, but to have a better clarity on this issue , we need few information.

1. How you are projecting the second monitor from the surface, whether it’s extended/duplicated?
    2. How the physical hard connection made, USB-C, HDMI, or DisplayPort?

Meanwhile we want you to refer
    Trouble connecting Surface
    to a second screen
    article, which might help you to resolve the issue.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 15, 2021
  4. Projecting from laptop as a second monitor to PC not working

Windows 10 does not recognise second monitor

Hi Raffaele,

For us to sort out this problem with your dual monitors, we'd like to gather more information about what happened so we can address the issue appropriately. Below are a few questions we'd like to ask:

• Does the monitor on the laptop work if you disconnect the other monitor?
    • Is the second monitor connected to the laptop using a DVI, HDMI, or DisplayPort cable?

While waiting for your feedback, we suggest that you disconnect the second monitor from the laptop and check if its own monitor is working. If not, restart the laptop and check again.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 15, 2021
Thema:

Projecting from laptop as a second monitor to PC not working

1. Projecting from laptop as a second monitor to PC not working - Similar Threads - Projecting laptop second

2. Projecting to this pc not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Projecting to this pc not working: hi, i have a problem when i try to connect my phone using projecting to my pc in my laptop.every time I try to connect, the app not giving any respond but when i press disconnect button on my phone the app start to connecting. but when i try using my brother phone, it work...
  3. PC Projection into external monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Projection into external monitor.: Hi all, I'm using Dell Latitude 5420 Windows 10 2022. Right from Monday28/Nov/22 morning or late Sunday evening, I'm not able to use my external monitor which is AOC 1620Wb monitor. Not sure, if it's because of the monitor driver or the graphics driver I updated. Even the...
  4. PC Projection into external monitor.

PC Projection into external monitor.: Hi all, I'm using Dell Latitude 5420 Windows 10 2022. Right from Monday28/Nov/22 morning or late Sunday evening, I'm not able to use my external monitor which is AOC 1620Wb monitor. Not sure, if it's because of the monitor driver or the graphics driver I updated. Even the...
  5. Project to this pc not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Project to this pc not working: When I try "Projecting to this PC". on my laptop, the connect app launches normally and says "XXXX is ready to connect wirelessly.", but the laptop doesn't show up in my PC or on any other device as an available wireless display. I have confirmed that both the laptop and PC...
  6. Project to this pc not working

Project to this pc not working: When I try "Projecting to this PC". on my laptop, the connect app launches normally and says "XXXX is ready to connect wirelessly.", but the laptop doesn't show up in my PC or on any other device as an available wireless display. I have confirmed that both the laptop and PC...
  7. Projecting from laptop as a second monitor to PC not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Projecting from laptop as a second monitor to PC not working: Hi,I have been trying to connect my Laptop to my Desktop computer for a while now, but I can not see it after pressing windows + P and selecting 'connect to a device'. My laptop just simply not show up in the list. I have checked if both my desktop computer and laptop support...
  8. Using laptop as second screen for pc. Projection is not supported

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using laptop as second screen for pc. Projection is not supported: Hello, I'm trying to use my laptop as a second screen for my desktop. However, there's a message in the settings for projection: "This device does not support wireless projection.... " There's no wireless adapter in my pc so I think that might be the issue here? I was...
  9. project to this pc not working

project to this pc not working: project to thispc feature is not working..please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/project-to-this-pc-not-working/9f1d36e6-5082-45cc-b6b3-31418ea2404d
  10. Projecting PC to second screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Projecting PC to second screen: I cannot display a second screen from my Surface 3 laptop. I am not able to change the screen resolution when connected to the second display. When I try to change the screen resolution to suit the projector resolution I get the error message "The display settings could not...