Windows 10: Projecting to external monitor doesn't work when virtualization is enabled in BIOS

Discus and support Projecting to external monitor doesn't work when virtualization is enabled in BIOS in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I enabled virtualization in BIOS. I have an Intel processor. After virtualization was activated, projecting to other monitors with HDMI only worked if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dontobasso, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Projecting to external monitor doesn't work when virtualization is enabled in BIOS

I enabled virtualization in BIOS. I have an Intel processor. After virtualization was activated, projecting to other monitors with HDMI only worked if I used "second screen only" mode. All my drivers are up to date and I can't find any help online. After I disabled virtualization in BIOS, everything worked fine.

Any help would be appreciated, it's annoying to only use virtual machines on my laptop screen and having to go to BIOS every time I want to do something else on a larger screen.

submitted by /u/Dontobasso
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dontobasso, Feb 28, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Projecting to external monitor doesn't work when virtualization is enabled in BIOS [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Virtualization enabled in bios but not working

Hi there,

I am trying to run a program which recommends enabling hardware visualization. I have followed the steps to enable Intel VT in uemi/bios menu. However Task Manager says that Virtualization is disabled, despite the fact that I have turned it on in the uemi/bios??

I don't have any anti virus software, I don't have Hyper-V (windows 10 home edition, upgraded from Windows 7).

Please help Projecting to external monitor doesn't work when virtualization is enabled in BIOS :)

Vanderzant, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Projecting to external monitor doesn't work when virtualization is enabled in BIOS

Enabaling the Virtulization Technology in systems bios while using an external display

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to enable Virtualization Technology on the laptop using the external monitor.

However, the external monitor will only be functional when the Windows is loaded properly. The BIOS settings can be accessed only through the primary monitor. As you have mentioned that the laptop’s monitor is not working properly,
    I suggest you to get in touch with the manufacturer of the laptop to get the feature enabled.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Projecting to external monitor doesn't work when virtualization is enabled in BIOS

1. Projecting to external monitor doesn't work when virtualization is enabled in BIOS - Similar Threads - Projecting external monitor

2. Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not enabled in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not enabled in Windows 10: I'm trying to install WSL but I keep getting the same error.Here are some photos of my settings:https://photos.app.goo.gl/D1TLZoWW64rTMXHa7I don't have any 3rd party anti-virus I used toI have VMware verison 16 installed.Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  3. Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not enabled in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not enabled in Windows 10: I'm trying to install WSL but I keep getting the same error.Here are some photos of my settings:https://photos.app.goo.gl/D1TLZoWW64rTMXHa7I don't have any 3rd party anti-virus I used toI have VMware verison 16 installed.Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  4. Virtualization Enabled in BIOS but not enabled in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Hibernation not working when virtualization enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernation not working when virtualization enabled: I recently installed Windows 11 on my second NVMe drive, the Kingston KC2500, replacing the Plextor M9PeG. However, I encountered an issue with hibernation not working properly. After some troubleshooting, I discovered that enabling core isolation, VM platform, or hypervisor...
  6. Hibernation not working when virtualization enabled

Hibernation not working when virtualization enabled: I recently installed Windows 11 on my second NVMe drive, the Kingston KC2500, replacing the Plextor M9PeG. However, I encountered an issue with hibernation not working properly. After some troubleshooting, I discovered that enabling core isolation, VM platform, or hypervisor...
  7. PC Projection into external monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Projection into external monitor.: Hi all, I'm using Dell Latitude 5420 Windows 10 2022. Right from Monday28/Nov/22 morning or late Sunday evening, I'm not able to use my external monitor which is AOC 1620Wb monitor. Not sure, if it's because of the monitor driver or the graphics driver I updated. Even the...
  8. PC Projection into external monitor.

PC Projection into external monitor.: Hi all, I'm using Dell Latitude 5420 Windows 10 2022. Right from Monday28/Nov/22 morning or late Sunday evening, I'm not able to use my external monitor which is AOC 1620Wb monitor. Not sure, if it's because of the monitor driver or the graphics driver I updated. Even the...
  9. Enable virtualization in bios :/

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Enable virtualization in bios :/: Used this tool, Download Microsoft® Hardware-Assisted Virtualization Detection Tool from Official Microsoft Download Center No go VMware said the same thing boo-hoo anyone have instruction to enable in bios ? Spec's are added, Cheers. 2935
  10. Virtualization enabled in bios but not working

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtualization enabled in bios but not working: Hi there, I am trying to run a program which recommends enabling hardware visualization. I have followed the steps to enable Intel VT in uemi/bios menu. However Task Manager says that Virtualization is disabled, despite the fact that I have turned it on in the uemi/bios??...