Windows 10: Projection Settings are "lost" after reboot

Discus and support Projection Settings are "lost" after reboot in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, I am experiencing a strange problem after updating the drivers and BIOS on my laptop: my prefered setting is "second screen only" . after a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Arik83, May 22, 2021.

1. Arik83 Win User

Projection Settings are "lost" after reboot

Hello, I am experiencing a strange problem after updating the drivers and BIOS on my laptop: my prefered setting is "second screen only" . after a reboot I get "duplicate" (de facto) however "second screen only stays selectedin blue. to fix this I need to move the selection to "duplicate" press enter (nothing happens since it is de facto duplicate) then move down to second screen only and press enter. then it resets to the what it should be. I tried to Clear and Reset External Display Cache in Registry as many websites advice as well as disabling intel HD graphics via services . didn't help . Laptop: HP ZBook Studio G3 Mobile Workstation (with all the drivers and BIOS updated) Monitor: FUJITSU Display P27-9 TS QHD. (has a proprieatary driver and a realtek us ethernet controller driver installed) it acts as a docking station and connected via usb-c. cable only. I have removed both and reinstalled already. Grtaeful for any assistace.

:)

Arik83, May 22, 2021

2. Project to this PC Password setting

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

We understand your concern as you are unable to cast your android device to Windows 10 PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the Android version installed on the device?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if you are able to cast the device.

1. Press Windows + I key to open
      Settings
    2. Click on System and then click Projecting to this PC.
    3. Under Some Windows and Android devices can project to this PC when you say it’s OK select the drop down to
      Available everywhere.
    4. Now under Ask to project to this PC select First time only.
    5. Under Require PIN for pairing select Never.
    6. Now under This PC can be discovered for projection only when it’s plugged into a power source toggle the switch to On/Off.
    Once you set these settings follow the steps below.

1. Press Windows + S key together and type
      Connect.
    2. Now open Settings on your Phone and click on
      Connected devices.
    3. Then select Cast and choose the PC
      name
    Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 22, 2021
  3. Raident Win User
    Projection settings are lost upon reboot

I have my laptop hooked up to an external display via HDMI. The projection settings made using Winkey + P gets reset to "Duplicate" every time I reboot, and I have to go in and manually change it back to "Second screen only".

Is there still a way to set this permanently? With Win 7 and 8.x there was a "Multiple displays" option under the Screen Resolution control panel, but this control panel seems to have been completely redesigned in Win 10 and I can't find that option anymore *Sad

Raident, May 22, 2021
  4. ibt2014 Win User

Windows 10 Language Settings Lost After Reboot

On one of our PCs where we upgraded to Windows 10, the handwriting recognition on the on=screen keyboard was not enabled. After some searching we found how to enable this and it worked.

The steps followed were:

The steps below show how to resolve this.

1: Right click the Windows flag in the bottom right of your desktop and open control panel

2: Click on Languages

3: Click "Options" on the right hand side of the 'English US' language selection

4: At the bottom of the page make sure the 'Write Characters In Freehand' option is ticked, then click "Personalise Handwriting Recognition"

5: Now click 'Target Specific Recognition Errors'

6: Next click 'Character" or "Word" you specify, and then proceed to type in any 6 letter word of you choice via the keyboard, Click next

7: Proceed to use your finger/mouse to write the word you have chosen into the yellow boxes, Click next and repeat the process

8: Click finish and finally click update and exit

On this one PC these settings are lost on reboot, and we have to repeat the process.

Why are the settings getting reset/lost on reboot?

ibt2014, May 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Projection Settings are "lost" after reboot - Similar Threads - Projection Settings are

2. Project 2019 throwing up "please reboot project" -- Fixed

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Project 2019 throwing up "please reboot project" -- Fixed: I've been using Project legally for over 20 years - so I got a bit surprised to see when starting a blank new Project task yesterday I kept getting message -- Your license has been updated please re-boot project !!!! I was using the Work supplied version via Working remotely...
  3. USB-connection is lost after reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB-connection is lost after reboot: I have a User interface running on a PC. The display is an LCD-panel with a touch-USB the touchscreen. Now this particular installation has no room for the PC close to the touchscreen, so we are using a HDMI-KVM extender KVM = Keyboard/Video/Mouse where the input and video...
  4. IP Settings Lost after reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IP Settings Lost after reboot: Dear all, I have a network problem on a PC with Win 10. I use a static IP but after the reboot the settings change to DHCP. I found that the cause is the service named 'DHCP Client', in fact the IP settings aren't lost if this service is disabled. On the other PCs the...
  5. Lost projects and files after an update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost projects and files after an update.: Hello, I am a music producer and my computer got into sleep mode and then updated it self and after the update I lost all my projects, sample packs, Etc, Is it happend to any one here? Do you know any solution? Really important!!! Thanks you...
  6. Settings lost after update/reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings lost after update/reboot: Several times my settings for various programs have disappeared after rebooting. This has mostly happened after a windows update. It's as though I were setting up a new computer time and again. With Microsoft forcing updates all the time, it is driving me crazy. How can I...
  7. Lost settings after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost settings after update: Please please please STOP changing my settings when you update Windows. It is incredibly frustrating, wastes my time and energy and is having an impact on my business as a sole trader. I can see from questions from other users that many people are having the same problem....
  8. Windows 10 Language Settings Lost After Reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Language Settings Lost After Reboot: On one of our PCs where we upgraded to Windows 10, the handwriting recognition on the on=screen keyboard was not enabled. After some searching we found how to enable this and it worked. The steps followed were: The steps below show how to resolve this. 1: Right click...
  9. I lost stuff after a reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    I lost stuff after a reboot: Hi, I downloaded Win 10 and set everything up, then made sure my virus protection (Norton) was updated. I then rebooted and lost everything I set up. I don't have a background anymore and I lost some of my gadgets and the ones I lost won't go back into the side bar...
  10. Projection settings are lost upon reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Projection settings are lost upon reboot: I have my laptop hooked up to an external display via HDMI. The projection settings made using Winkey + P gets reset to "Duplicate" every time I reboot, and I have to go in and manually change it back to "Second screen only". Is there still a way to set this permanently?...