Windows 10: Projector settings open with laptop lid

Discus and support Projector settings open with laptop lid in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I'm having a weird issue, when I closed my laptop lid in Windows 7 and re-opened it the screen would go black for a second and reset my cursor to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Guitar Rockher, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Projector settings open with laptop lid

So I'm having a weird issue, when I closed my laptop lid in Windows 7 and re-opened it the screen would go black for a second and reset my cursor to the center of the screen. Weird issue that I couldn't find a fix for. Well I just upgraded to Windows 10, now when I close and re-open the laptop lid the projector/multi display settings open on the right side of the screen each time. Really strange issue. Any idea how to fix it? Thanks!

:)

Guitar Rockher, Jul 29, 2015
  2. RobinKing Win User

Duplicate screen won't stay duplicate

Hi

I use my laptop with a projector quite often, and use the "duplicate screen" setting that is available. It always used to automatically revert to Duplicate Screen whenever I switched on the projector. Since upgrading to Windows 10, I find that when I close
    the laptop lid or turn off the projector and come to reuse the laptop with the projector again, the laptop display settings have reverted to Extend Screen.

I should not have to go into display settings or WIN+P in order to change to duplicate screens. What is the matter with Windows 10? It is one problem after another.

I have installed the latest drivers for the display adapter, I have updated everything else I can think of. What's going on?

RobinKing, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Lid setting does not recoginize power status change

We manage the policy to set the “When I close the lid:” setting on our laptops to "Sleep" on battery and "Do Nothing" on plugged in. In the basic scenarios, the results are expected:

• With the laptop plugged in, I closed the lid and re-opened. It was not in sleep mode.
    • With the laptop running on battery, I closed the lid and re-opened. It was in sleep mode.

However, with the laptop plugged in, I close the lid and then unplug the power cable to put it on battery and then opened the lid. It is not in sleep mode. Is this an issue with the Windows 10 power management, or is there
    a setting where this can be corrected?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings / PC

Ryan P. Dempsey, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Projector settings open with laptop lid

So my experience with sevenforums and tenforums is everyone is useless. Few times I've had a question (that I can't figure out with extensive searching and using Google) and I've come here no one has ever answered. Believe me I hate asking, because no one ever answers. So when I do ask a question it's a genuine concern, not some stupid question I could have figured with a quick Google search.
    If anyone does decide to help I've found my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10 now thinks a external display is attached and whenever I close the lid and reopen it 1. opens the external projector menu and sets my resolution to 1280x720 instead of 1366x768 and I have to reset it each time I open my laptop. With Windows 7 the screen just went black for a second but the resolution never changed.

Guitar Rockher, Aug 3, 2015
  5. Rothcall Win User
    By chance did you find a solution to this? This is the only other post on the internet about this problem it seems, cant find any other information on it, sorry for the necro.

Rothcall, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Projector settings open with laptop lid

1. Projector settings open with laptop lid - Similar Threads - Projector settings open

2. Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid: I'm running Windows 10 version 21H2, and every time I close the laptop lid, when I open it I get a BSOD which says your windows insider build ran into a problem with the error IRQL_LESS_THAN_NOT_EQAL and application failed is amdkmpfd.sys When the pc automatically restarts i...
  3. Turn of system on opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn of system on opening laptop lid: I want my laptop to turn of when I open the lid.I checked the settings and everything seems to be enabled already. Power options = enabled, regedit = enabled.Yet the laptop does not turn on, I have to press the power button to start the system.I have a MSI Raider GE76.Windows...
  4. Turn of system on opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn of system on opening laptop lid: I want my laptop to turn of when I open the lid.I checked the settings and everything seems to be enabled already. Power options = enabled, regedit = enabled.Yet the laptop does not turn on, I have to press the power button to start the system.I have a MSI Raider GE76.Windows...
  5. Opening my laptop lid would reset "multiple display" setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening my laptop lid would reset "multiple display" setting: I have been trying to use my laptop in "clamshell mode," using only an external display. I had no problem setting the power options to "do nothing" when the lid is closed. I also set my display setting to be "display only on [the external monitor]." However, whenever I open...
  6. Opening lid doesn't 'wake up' laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Opening lid doesn't 'wake up' laptop: Hello, For my MSI Stealth laptop, I've had the power settings set for quite some time to hibernate when the lid closes, and it has always in the past 'woken up' automatically when the lid is opened. In the past few weeks however, this doesn't happen anymore, and the laptop...
  7. Laptop Opening lid function

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Opening lid function: Hi every1 I would like to know whether there is an option by which I can switch on the laptop by just opening the lid without having to press the power button. Thank you...
  8. Opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Opening laptop lid: Hi Its somthing weird happening my laptop When i open the lid of my laptop more than 90 deg it shuts down It wont happen anything if i open it less than 90 deg I even reinstalled windows but its still not working Email me if u want to see its video: *** Email address is...
  9. working with a projector and laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    working with a projector and laptop: Using powerpoint I project high quality photos on a screen. Laptop picture excellent. Projection very acid yellow. Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/working-with-a-projector-and-laptop/875b9d0b-cdc6-4637-bd4b-cd00f742a5ae
  10. Settings for a Projector

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Settings for a Projector: I can see on the Projector screen a Slideshow using PowerPoint, but can not get the screen to show my email account to show students how to create files and send emails, allowing them to copy me. Can anybody tell me how I can get the Computer screen projected through the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. second screen revert to duplicate when reopen lid