Windows 10: Promo Sale Bait and Overcharge

Discus and support Promo Sale Bait and Overcharge in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Earlier this month, there was a promo deal on the Microsoft.com home page where if you purchased an action movie from one of the three action tabs, you... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by sendgeance, May 31, 2019.

1. Promo Sale Bait and Overcharge

Earlier this month, there was a promo deal on the Microsoft.com home page where if you purchased an action movie from one of the three action tabs, you would receive an Apex Legends starter pack. I purchased a movie from one of these tabs which was listed for $4.99. After purchase and realizing I didn't receive anything regarding the starter pack, I contacted customer support. At first they couldn't find the movie that I purchased listed under the promo, but after swapping the area they were searching from to my area, they did in fact find the movie. I was told that sometimes it takes 2-3 weeks for promos to be delivered. It being about 12 days, since then I tried looking into it last night only to find that I was charged $7.99 instead of $4.99. I've been on the phone with customer support now for 3 hours, have spoken to one representative that I couldn't understand, one that was helpful but had to transfer me, one that got frustrated and hung up on me, and 2 Xbox representatives that were friendly but couldn't help me. I also spent some time in the chat with someone who just stopped responding after a while. I've been told that the Apex promo is probably not transferrable to PC, only Xbox, but this still doesn't let me know why a movie that was listed during the promo for $4.99 ended up costing me $7.99.

:)

sendgeance, May 31, 2019
  2. shahname Win User

NOKIA SALES PROMO

i had a sms that i have won 500 000 pawnds in the ongoing nokia promo,from +2347087058474.is it true please answer to me.if it is true haw can i have the many

thank you

shahname, May 31, 2019
  3. NOKIA SALES PROMO

this "so-called" promo is too good to be true. just for the fun of it i accomplished the "payment form" they sent thru e-mail and sent it back to them.

this guy kept on calling me if i have already checked their new e-mail for the final process of claiming the prize. he indicated an account officer name and some other details to be indicated to pay the fedex parcel.

but how come that this person have also attached his ID CARD with his picture on it with designation as Cash Payment Officer/ Trans-Africana Nokia Mobile Promo. Although the authenticity of the ID card with a bar code is questionable, i am just wondering why
    such a person show his identity if he is doing a scam.

Does anybody out there experienced the same.I wish to publish the ID card here but i don't know if it a right thing to do.

michaelangelo---01, May 31, 2019
  4. Promo Sale Bait and Overcharge

NOKIA SALES PROMO

I HAVE RECEIVED A TEXT MESSAGE & A SIMILAR E-MAIL AS WELL. HEREWITH IS THE FULL-TEXT OF IT:

"Good to hear from you regarding the NOKIA MOBILE PROMO. My names are Engr.(_removed_). I am the Nokia Cash officer assigned to winners from the Asian Region of the Mobile Sweepstakes.

In line with the commemorating event with NOKIA UK marking their 142nd anniversary they rolled out over £46,000.000.00 (Fourty Six Million Great Britain Pounds) for their 142nd Anniversary Draws. All participants were selected through a computer ballot system
    drawn form 25,000 company mobile numbers, and 30,000,000 individual mobile numbers from the 45 mobile networks from Australia, New Zealand, North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Africa as part of International Promotions Program, which is conducted
    annually in Britain, London.

This promo is approved by the British Gaming Board and also licensed by the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR). This promo is the 1st of its kind and we intend to sensitize the public. To begin the verification process of your prize you are
    required to fill and send the Payment Release Form

Once again Congratulations, we the staffs of NOKIA congratulate you as one of our lucky winners. Your mobile number have won you the sum of £172,000.00 GBP (One Hundred and Seventy Two Thousand Great British Pounds) and all information concerning the facilitation
    of your claims will commence as soon as you fill and submit the NOKIA PAYMENT RELEASE FORM attached to this message".

I THINK IT'S ABOUT TIME THAT AN OFFICIAL MESSAGE FROM NOKIA UK BE PUBLISHED TO CONFIRM OR DENY THIS PROMOTION.

michaelangelo---01, May 31, 2019
Thema:

Promo Sale Bait and Overcharge

1. Promo Sale Bait and Overcharge - Similar Threads - Promo Sale Bait

2. Overcharge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Overcharge: Harry Bastness was double charged CAD 87.69 to American Express on June 4, 2022. Please refund one charge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/overcharge/e0d588f4-0c7b-4ade-8fb8-e731d7ca802d
  3. Overcharge

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Overcharge: Harry Bastness was double charged CAD 87.69 to American Express on June 4, 2022. Please refund one charge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/overcharge/e0d588f4-0c7b-4ade-8fb8-e731d7ca802d
  4. Overcharge

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 11 promo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 promo: I rebooted my computer and a Windows 11 promo appeared on the screen and I can't get rid of it so I can get on with my work. There is no X and task manager doesn't work. I logged in my computer again and the same thing happened. It wants me to decide whether to update or not,...
  6. Windows 11 promo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 promo: I rebooted my computer and a Windows 11 promo appeared on the screen and I can't get rid of it so I can get on with my work. There is no X and task manager doesn't work. I logged in my computer again and the same thing happened. It wants me to decide whether to update or not,...
  7. Windows 11 promo

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How to remove Media Converter Promo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove Media Converter Promo: I need some help removing this program(?) from my parents computers. What it does is put popups in their web browser that bypasses ad-block software. Avast doesn't seem to think its a virus, doesn't see it in normal or boot-time scans, and I can't find it in "Uninstall a...
  9. AMD Ryzen Promo Missing?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    AMD Ryzen Promo Missing?: So recently, I ordered an AMD Ryzen 7 2700, cause a trashy PC needs an upgrade every now and then, and I see that it comes with some nice rewards. This included the choice of Borderlands 3 and The Outer Worlds, and 3 months of Xbox Game Pass. I ordered the PC part solely for...
  10. Fighting Engagement Bait on Facebook

in Windows 10 News
    Fighting Engagement Bait on Facebook: People have told us that they dislike spammy posts on Facebook that goad them into interacting with likes, shares, comments, and other actions. For example, “LIKE this if you’re an Aries!” This tactic, known as “engagement bait,” seeks to take advantage of our News Feed...