Windows 10: Prompt for BitLocker Recovery Key - Windows 10

Discus and support Prompt for BitLocker Recovery Key - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Turned off last night, and this morning I have a Bitlocker screen. It does not say BITLOCKER RECOVERY. only BITLOCKER. None of the support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by wsbmoore, Nov 27, 2018.

1. wsbmoore Win User

Prompt for BitLocker Recovery Key - Windows 10

Turned off last night, and this morning I have a Bitlocker screen. It does not say BITLOCKER RECOVERY. only BITLOCKER. None of the support suggestions work nor can I get any other screen.

I downloaded a Microsoft game last night, maybe it was a virus? I've had this Surface computer for three years and I've never seen or heard of Bitlocker.

***Title changed from: Bitlocker Recovery Key Do I have a virus?***

:)

wsbmoore, Nov 27, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Ar Rom Win User
    Bitlocker Recovery Key

Hi Erica,

There are certain steps that you can do to recover your BitLocker recovery key. Kindly follow the steps provided on this

link
    and see if it resolves your concern. The article pertains to Windows 8.1 but it's also applicable to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Prompt for BitLocker Recovery Key - Windows 10

BIMalippiatt, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Prompt for BitLocker Recovery Key - Windows 10

1. Prompt for BitLocker Recovery Key - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Prompt BitLocker Recovery

2. Bitlocker recovery key prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery key prompt: Hello,I was prompted for bitlocker recovery key when I tried to boot my windows 10 laptob recently 29th Jan, 2024.Did the recent security update trigger this for anyone else or is it alarming that my device could be compromised? I have run some scans and didn't find any...
  3. Bitlocker recovery key prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key prompt: Hello,I was prompted for bitlocker recovery key when I tried to boot my windows 10 laptob recently 29th Jan, 2024.Did the recent security update trigger this for anyone else or is it alarming that my device could be compromised? I have run some scans and didn't find any...
  4. Bitlocker recovery key prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Bitlocker recovery prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery prompt: Hello,I am having a bit locker recovery prompt, and when i log into my MS account I don't have the keys stored in it as it says no keys found.I have reached out to MS support and they have simply put me through to the manufacturer saying its a hardware issue.Can you please...
  6. Bitlocker recovery prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery prompt: Hello,I am having a bit locker recovery prompt, and when i log into my MS account I don't have the keys stored in it as it says no keys found.I have reached out to MS support and they have simply put me through to the manufacturer saying its a hardware issue.Can you please...
  7. BitLocker Prompting for Recovery Key after Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Prompting for Recovery Key after Windows Updates: I have a ~50 Windows 10 - Dell OptiPlex 7070 desktops setup through Windows AutoPilot that are prompting for both the BitLocker PIN and the Recovery Key after restarting from Windows Updates. Why are these desktops needing both of these to startup after running updates?...
  8. Repeated prompt for bitlocker recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Repeated prompt for bitlocker recovery key: Hi, anyone facing this problem recently of getting prompt to enter bitlocker recovery key? im using a ms surface pro6 and had to enter my recovery key every time i restarted my device over the last two days. Appreciate some help here. thanks!...
  9. Suddenly prompted for Bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Suddenly prompted for Bitlocker recovery key: Hi, I rebooted my Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10 Pro (latest updates), and out of the blue I was prompted for a Bitlocker recovery key. I assume this has to do with hard disk encryption, but I have never enabled this. I just clicked continue to Windows 10 and everything...
  10. BitLocker recovery key prompt on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BitLocker recovery key prompt on startup: Hello Support, My Dell Inspiron 15 does not have a TPM and still I am being asked for a recovery key every time I start my laptop all of a sudden. I have to retype the recovery key every time I start the lappy. Can anyone help. Thanks, Kala...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows prompted for a bit locker key