Windows 10: Prompt for Credentials vs Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop

Discus and support Prompt for Credentials vs Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, What is the difference between Prompt for Credentials and ? In both, I have the same thing. 1. Prompt for Credential [ATTACH] 2.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dani_F1, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Dani_F1 Win User

Prompt for Credentials vs Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop

Hello,

What is the difference between Prompt for Credentials and

?

In both, I have the same thing.

1. Prompt for Credential

Prompt for Credentials vs Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop 11c5ba5b-856e-4598-b8bd-8074bcf19fd1?upload=true.png

2. Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop

Prompt for Credentials vs Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop a7226323-8f3b-4b0e-9c15-7713eb45d211?upload=true.png

:)

Dani_F1, Sep 4, 2019

2. Using Admin Account with UAC Prompting for Credentials?

I just installed Windows 10 and my local user account is a Local Admin Account.

However, under Local Security Policy settings, I set the UAC Prompt to Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop (for Admin accounts). Can I also use this account to browse the web, check email even If the UAC is set to Prompt for Credentials? Or, would it be more secure if I create another local account which would be a Standard User Account?

Can malware still cause damage even if the UAC is set to Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop for the local Admin Account?

I am the only one using the computer.

win10freak, Sep 4, 2019
  3. WiFi prompt for additional credentials

I need some help. On Windows 7 when you were connected to a Wireless Network that required additional credentials, there would be this nice notification. When you clicked it, it would popup the authentication box, allowing a user to enter their credentials.

Prompt for Credentials vs Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop [​IMG]

In Windows 10 however, there is no notification (that I can find how to turn on). If I click the Wireless icon in the taskbar, the credential box will appear.

The reason I would like/need the notification to appear is these particular systems are going to be student used, and I want a visual way for them to know to enter their credentials rather than just tapping the WiFi icon.

Any help/suggestions or scripts etc. that you all know of to make this happen?

Thanks

xerxes2985, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Prompt for Credentials vs Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop

MS credentials prompt

I keep getting a prompt in the action center that says: "Click here to enter your most recent Microsoft credentials." Is this valid or is it a scam?

DarrylLindberg, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Prompt for Credentials vs Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop

1. Prompt for Credentials vs Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop - Similar Threads - Prompt Credentials Prompt

2. UAC not prompting admin credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC not prompting admin credentials: Hi everyone, i'm having a problem with uac in my domain, when i'm running softwares installations i'm not getting the option to enter admin credentials when i'm opening the software installation as administrator.Thanks...
  3. UAC not prompting admin credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC not prompting admin credentials: Hi everyone, i'm having a problem with uac in my domain, when i'm running softwares installations i'm not getting the option to enter admin credentials when i'm opening the software installation as administrator.Thanks...
  4. UAC not prompting admin credentials

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. No prompt for credentials for Remote Desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No prompt for credentials for Remote Desktop: We have a computer that when ever some one tries to use Remote Desktop it opens a window that lets them know their credentials will be used, but gives no area to input credentials or accept. Simply the option to cancel. I have attached a screenshot. We checked Windows...
  6. WebDav Keep on Prompting Credential

in Windows 10 Customization
    WebDav Keep on Prompting Credential: Hi All, Please help us to resolve issue We are working on webdav , we are keep on prompted with credential . We tried following solution but still issue exists Solution 1: To resolve this problem, create a registry entry. To do this, follow these steps: Click...
  7. Windows Security pops up: application prompts for outlook credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Security pops up: application prompts for outlook credentials: For many years I am using a 3rd party indexing program (X1 Search). Everything is fine, but over the last couple of days, after launching both Outlook and X1, Windows Security pops up and requires me to enter credentials for X1. It is useless to enter the credentials: 1....
  8. Endless repeating Credentials Prompt in Office365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Endless repeating Credentials Prompt in Office365: Hi All, I have installed current Windows 1809 with an MS Account and PIN for identification. Using the same account I connect to onedrive. Having one Excel sheet on onedrive pinned to the Excel icon. Worked well, but this spring I got several warnings: MS-Outlook 365...
  9. Network Share - Prompt for credentials

Network Share - Prompt for credentials: Hi, I have recently gotten a Windows 10 machine. In my network I have Windows 8.1 machine with shared folders, and several other Windows 8/7 laptops with access. All those computers (including Xbox One) can see my desktop share computer and folders + access to the content...
  10. WiFi prompt for additional credentials

WiFi prompt for additional credentials: I need some help. On Windows 7 when you were connected to a Wireless Network that required additional credentials, there would be this nice notification. When you clicked it, it would popup the authentication box, allowing a user to enter their credentials. [img] In...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. different between prompt for credentials and prompt for credentials under secure desktop