Windows 10: Prompt for safely removing external usb storage missing

Discus and support Prompt for safely removing external usb storage missing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the latest Windows 10 update I now seem to have lost the audio prompt that tells me it is safe to remove external storage through the usb ports.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by steveashton1, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Prompt for safely removing external usb storage missing

After the latest Windows 10 update I now seem to have lost the audio prompt that tells me it is safe to remove external storage through the usb ports. I have to pull out the usb stick and hope that all is ok. Can anybody tell me how to remedy this. Also, my machine came with windows 8 but I do not have all the info to re install it. If i purchased a windows 8 disc would it be possible to re install windows 8 and rid myself of the curse that microsoft call windows 10. I have never had so many issues especially after windows 10 updates itself.

:)

steveashton1, Oct 15, 2018
  2. ConiGL Win User

USB Safe Remove Icon missing

Thankyou for your prompt reply. Carried the step by step instructions as far as Item 5. Interestingly the Safe remove icon was turned on. Toggled the on/off button and left it in the off position then rebooted with the intention to clear anything that
    may have prevented the icon showing up. With bootup complete the Safe remove icon is now visible in the Hidden icon box and is active when tested.

After bootup proceeded as per instruction No 5 to see if Safe remove icon button is in the ON position. NEGATIVE. It is in the OFF position and seemingly works fine.

Hi you won't normally see the safely remove icon unless there is a usb device attached. Then it should show up so you can safely remove the device. If you dont see it click the up symbol on right hand side of taskbar to see if it is hiding in the tray. The
    minute you insert a usb device it should be visible to you. If you have already done step 3 and step 4 that is all you should need to do to have it pop up automatically when usb device is present. It will disappear when the device is removed. Normal behavior
    for you. Hope that clarifies.

ConiGL, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Nick_99H Win User
    USB Safe Remove Icon missing

Thankyou for your prompt reply. Carried the step by step instructions as far as Item 5. Interestingly the Safe remove icon was turned on. Toggled the on/off button and left it in the off position then rebooted with the intention to clear anything that
    may have prevented the icon showing up. With bootup complete the Safe remove icon is now visible in the Hidden icon box and is active when tested.

After bootup proceeded as per instruction No 5 to see if Safe remove icon button is in the ON position. NEGATIVE. It is in the OFF position and seemingly works fine.

Nick_99H, Oct 15, 2018
  4. FrankS Win User

Prompt for safely removing external usb storage missing

Safely Remove Hardware icon missing

Hi
    In the last few days the 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon has gone missing from my Taskbar. Also, if I right-click on the USB stick or USB hard drive in 'This Computer' the Eject option is missing.
    In PC Settings/Personalisation/Taskbar/Notification area/Select which icons appear on the taskbar I have 'Always show all icons in the notification area' switched on & all items in the list are in the 'on' state including 'Windows Explorer (Safely Remove Hardware & Eject Media).
    Any suggestions?

FrankS, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Prompt for safely removing external usb storage missing

1. Prompt for safely removing external usb storage missing - Similar Threads - Prompt safely removing

2. SAFELY REMOVE USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SAFELY REMOVE USB: THIS PROBLEM STARTED RECENTLY.WHENEVER I PLUG IN MY HARDDISK OR USB OR PENDRIVES THE SAFELY REMOVE OPTION IS AVAILABLE BUT IT IS NOT ACTIVE.I MEAN TO SAY I AM UNABLE TO USE SAFELY REMOVE USB.HAS ANY ONE FACED THIS PROBLEM.KINDLY GIVE ME THE SOLUTION....
  3. Safely Remove MESSAGE missing

Safely Remove MESSAGE missing: Hi there I've searched and found similar issues but no solution that fits. The issue seems to have started after the last Windows update although I can't be 100% on that. When I go to remove my Seagate Expansion external hard drive I can click on the 'safely remove'...
  4. Safely Remove USB

Safely Remove USB: Hi Folks, I have a 500 GB WD HDD attached to my Win 10 Laptop. I tried to Safely Remove it 5 times but was still in use. I restarted my PC where I knew I could remove it safely, but I didn't. On restarting with it still connected, I was still unable to remove it safely. Is...
  5. Safely Remove USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Safely Remove USB: Hi Folks, I have a 500 GB WD HDD attached to my Win 10 Laptop. I tried to Safely Remove it 5 times but was still in use. I restarted my PC where I knew I could remove it safely, but I didn't. On restarting with it still connected, I was still unable to remove it safely. Is...
  6. "Safe to remove hardware" notification for USB drive missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Safe to remove hardware" notification for USB drive missing: The "Safe to remove hardware" notification for USB drive is now missing. This will corrupt the drive if it does not come back. How do I get it come back?...
  7. Safe removal of usb drive

Safe removal of usb drive: How do you safely remove usb drive from computer on Window 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/safe-removal-of-usb-drive/8e1ea4eb-bfe9-4e58-866a-292b3c94ac03
  8. Cannot Safely Remove External Drives

Cannot Safely Remove External Drives: Hello all, In recent weeks, it has become impossible for me to safely remove my external drives. (Mostly, I use Western Digital Passports, Passport Ultras, etc). I am using Windows 10. I close all of my programs and folders. I get the "busy" message and to try again...
  9. How to safely remove an external drive?

How to safely remove an external drive?: I always have problems to safely remove an external drive: [img] The Task Manager causing an error message when I try to safely remove an external is closed. There is no process shown accessing anything on the external drive: [img] What else could I do (besides...
  10. Safely Remove usb

in Windows 10 Support
    Safely Remove usb: Hi All All's good so far with Windows 10 upgrade, after coming here not been able to activate Windows but thanks to this site I was able to find a resolution, clicking like mad on the Activate button done the trick sounds weird but it worked *Biggrin but one thing that I...