Windows 10: Prompt local user account to change their default password?

Discus and support Prompt local user account to change their default password? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 10 settings, Accounts, Family & Other Users, Add someone else to this PC. I create a new account with "I don't have this person's email", so... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CB42, Jun 7, 2021.

1. CB42 Win User

Prompt local user account to change their default password?

Windows 10 settings, Accounts, Family & Other Users, Add someone else to this PC. I create a new account with "I don't have this person's email", so it's just a local account.Is there a way that I can force it to prompt the user to change their local password when they first log in?thanks

:)

CB42, Jun 7, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 7, 2021
  3. kiwi Win User
    Delete local user account or change default account on start up

Almost!
    I found the user, but Windows in their great wisdom won't let me delete it.
    Is there a way to stop it attempting to log in there as default?
    Screen shot of the users listed.
    Prompt local user account to change their default password? [​IMG]

kiwi, Jun 7, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

I can't rename my user account

Hello Owen,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    If you are using local account, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the user name.

Please follow the steps to rename the user account in Windows 10.

a. In the search box, type user accounts and click on User Accounts.

b. Click on “Change your account name”

c. If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on Yes.

d. Enter the new user name.

e. Click on change name.

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Arul_D, Jun 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Prompt local user account to change their default password? - Similar Threads - Prompt local user

2. How to remove the password prompt during login for a local user account with no password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to remove the password prompt during login for a local user account with no password?: This is on a domain joined workstation. I have an OU that allows me to create a local user without a password. I want the local user to just have the 'sign in' button instead of getting the password prompt since this account doesn't have any password assigned to it. Any help...
  3. How to remove the password prompt during login for a local user account with no password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove the password prompt during login for a local user account with no password?: This is on a domain joined workstation. I have an OU that allows me to create a local user without a password. I want the local user to just have the 'sign in' button instead of getting the password prompt since this account doesn't have any password assigned to it. Any help...
  4. How to remove the password prompt during login for a local user account with no password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change default log in screen to local user account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change default log in screen to local user account: [ATTACH] Hello, I need help on changing the default log in screen using Windows 10 Pro. By default, Windows 10 will display on the log in screen the last user account that used the computer before shutdown. In my case, I want the log in screen to display the administrator...
  6. Local user account with no need for password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local user account with no need for password: Hi, I have two computers. One is a Windows 7 and I am in the process of upgrading that to Win 10. The other is a new Dell Optiplex 5270, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD OS drive. Question regarding the new Dell Optiplex: One thing I want to do is have my computer...
  7. Changing to a local user account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing to a local user account.: Hey guys, I am thinking of changing to a local user account. My main questions is, when there is a windows update (1809 to 1903) would my personal settings be still there when i upgrade or will I have to redo my settings? Also, if I change to a local account, would that...
  8. Delete local user account or change default account on start up

Delete local user account or change default account on start up: I have a local user account that comes up as the default user when Windows10 boots up that I would like to remove. I have tried the usual user modification menus but this account does not show up. It is annoying to have to go through this false log in every time I start...
  9. How do I change a local user account password?

How do I change a local user account password?: I don't know why this is so difficult, Win 10 really screwed things up coming from Seven. Seems they changed a lot of things just for the sake of changing them. I shouldn't have to use a search engine or a forum to answer this question. I am logged in under the...
  10. Local Account Password changed

Local Account Password changed: Hi, I have linked my Windows 10 app store to a BT provided email address. After rebooting it has asked me to login. It has changed my local account from my name to my BT email address and asking for a password. This is not my normal password and has seemed to link my BT...