Windows 10: Prompted for BitLocker recovery key after installing updates to Windows 10

Discus and support Prompted for BitLocker recovery key after installing updates to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 is asking for my BitLocker recovery key after the windows update. I know how to find and I have a copy of my BitLocker recovery key in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChristopherNatan, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Prompted for BitLocker recovery key after installing updates to Windows 10

Windows 10 is asking for my BitLocker recovery key after the windows update. I know how to find and I have a copy of my BitLocker recovery key in Windows 10 it is on my Windows account and I've used it before, but now it doesn't work after windows update. The KEY ID changed compared to my saved copy and again it happens after the update.I already tried performed basic configuration by setting on/off with the Secure Boot and UEFI settings on bios based on instructions but no luck.I have important files to recover and I am afraid, not possible to have a clean install on my syste

:)

ChristopherNatan, Apr 28, 2021

2. PC prompting for Bitlocker recovery key, cannot find the recovery key

Hello Leckbir,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Are you aware of any changes being made to the PC?
    3. Which version of Windows is installed on the PC?
    4. What is the make and model of the PC?

This issue can be caused if a BIOS/firmware update has been pushed to your PC either through Windows Updates or any other OEM media update.

If you have set up the Bitlocker on your PC, I suggest you to look for the recovery key on your Microsoft account. Also, you can refer the article

Find my BitLocker recovery key

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 28, 2021
  3. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 28, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Prompted for BitLocker recovery key after installing updates to Windows 10

Xylee Del, Apr 28, 2021
Thema:

Prompted for BitLocker recovery key after installing updates to Windows 10

1. Prompted for BitLocker recovery key after installing updates to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Prompted BitLocker recovery

2. Bitlocker recovery key prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery key prompt: Hello,I was prompted for bitlocker recovery key when I tried to boot my windows 10 laptob recently 29th Jan, 2024.Did the recent security update trigger this for anyone else or is it alarming that my device could be compromised? I have run some scans and didn't find any...
  3. Bitlocker recovery key prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key prompt: Hello,I was prompted for bitlocker recovery key when I tried to boot my windows 10 laptob recently 29th Jan, 2024.Did the recent security update trigger this for anyone else or is it alarming that my device could be compromised? I have run some scans and didn't find any...
  4. Bitlocker recovery key prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. BitLocker Prompting for Recovery Key after Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Prompting for Recovery Key after Windows Updates: I have a ~50 Windows 10 - Dell OptiPlex 7070 desktops setup through Windows AutoPilot that are prompting for both the BitLocker PIN and the Recovery Key after restarting from Windows Updates. Why are these desktops needing both of these to startup after running updates?...
  6. BitLocker Prompting for Recovery Key after Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker Prompting for Recovery Key after Windows Updates: I have a ~50 Windows 10 - Dell OptiPlex 7070 desktops setup through Windows AutoPilot that are prompting for both the BitLocker PIN and the Recovery Key after restarting from Windows Updates. Why are these desktops needing both of these to startup after running updates?...
  7. BitLocker Prompting for Recovery Key after Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Suddenly prompted for Bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Suddenly prompted for Bitlocker recovery key: Hi, I rebooted my Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10 Pro (latest updates), and out of the blue I was prompted for a Bitlocker recovery key. I assume this has to do with hard disk encryption, but I have never enabled this. I just clicked continue to Windows 10 and everything...
  9. Prompt for BitLocker Recovery Key - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Prompt for BitLocker Recovery Key - Windows 10: Turned off last night, and this morning I have a Bitlocker screen. It does not say BITLOCKER RECOVERY. only BITLOCKER. None of the support suggestions work nor can I get any other screen. I downloaded a Microsoft game last night, maybe it was a virus? I've had this...
  10. BitLocker recovery key prompt on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BitLocker recovery key prompt on startup: Hello Support, My Dell Inspiron 15 does not have a TPM and still I am being asked for a recovery key every time I start my laptop all of a sudden. I have to retype the recovery key every time I start the lappy. Can anyone help. Thanks, Kala...