Windows 10: Prompted to Create a Pin on Login Screen, Error Message, Can't Use Any Other Method to Login

Discus and support Prompted to Create a Pin on Login Screen, Error Message, Can't Use Any Other Method to Login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am trying to login to my laptop. I recently changed my pin and updated the fingerprint sensor. I locked my laptop and when I went to sign-in again,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by lgmurphy28, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Prompted to Create a Pin on Login Screen, Error Message, Can't Use Any Other Method to Login

I am trying to login to my laptop. I recently changed my pin and updated the fingerprint sensor. I locked my laptop and when I went to sign-in again, my fingertip sensor stopped working and I am now prompted to sign-in with my pin. To do so, I am prompted to login to my Microsoft account, which I am able to do so successfully. However, it then asks me to create a new pin. When I try to proceed, there is an error message that asks me to try again or try again later. I have refreshed and it still will not allow me to create a new pin. I can't login with any other method. How can I access my account without the ability to use/create a pin?

:)

lgmurphy28, Apr 6, 2021

2. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    No login prompt at login screen

From the icons in the lower right it looks Shohambs has already done that. These only appear on the login screen AFAIK.

Prompted to Create a Pin on Login Screen, Error Message, Can't Use Any Other Method to Login [​IMG]

There should also be a list of one or more user accounts at the lower left, it's this that's missing. Without an account to select there won't be anything to sign in to.

Bree, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Prompted to Create a Pin on Login Screen, Error Message, Can't Use Any Other Method to Login

No login prompt at login screen

Post #8 “I can login to the computer after restart, but every locking after it causes the problem.”

http://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/...-computer.html
    Check Way 3: Lock computer in Screen Saver Settings.
    Step 1: Type lock computer in the search box on taskbar and choose Lock the computer when I leave it alone for a period of time.
    Step 2: In the Screen Saver Settings dialog, choose On resume, display logon screen and hit OK.
    Is “On resume, display log on screen” checked?

Prompted to Create a Pin on Login Screen, Error Message, Can't Use Any Other Method to Login [​IMG]

MeAndMyComputer, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Prompted to Create a Pin on Login Screen, Error Message, Can't Use Any Other Method to Login

1. Prompted to Create a Pin on Login Screen, Error Message, Can't Use Any Other Method to Login - Similar Threads - Prompted Create Pin

2. Can't login using PIN number and there are no other login options available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login using PIN number and there are no other login options available: I can't login to my desktop using PIN number. The system is looping whenever I choose to reset even though I did not forget my PIN. And there are no other options to login except using PIN.Error code received each time: 0x8009002d.This is the 2nd device with login issues....
  3. Can't login using PIN number and there are no other login options available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't login using PIN number and there are no other login options available: I can't login to my desktop using PIN number. The system is looping whenever I choose to reset even though I did not forget my PIN. And there are no other options to login except using PIN.Error code received each time: 0x8009002d.This is the 2nd device with login issues....
  4. Can't login using PIN number and there are no other login options available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Windows 10 login fails to create pin and resets to the login screen

Windows 10 login fails to create pin and resets to the login screen: Here's the scenario.I have two Microsoft accounts, I wanted to combine them due to some XBox purchases. We'll call them account_1 and account_2.Account_2 had the xbox purchases associated with it. Account_1 is the account I want to use as my main.Couldn't find a way to...
  6. No option to use PIN on the login screen

No option to use PIN on the login screen: Hi,I have a PC that is connected to our businesses Azure AD.I have added the user that is going to use the PC, but no matter what I try I cannot login with a PINcode.I am perfectly able to add a pincode, but the loginscreen doesn't show the option to use it. Only the password...
  7. Can't login using pin, any other way sign-in? No microsoft account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't login using pin, any other way sign-in? No microsoft account: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/puffuchu [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hrjxde/cant_login_using_pin_any_other_way_signin_no/
  8. Periodically there is no login prompt on login screen; can't verify

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Periodically there is no login prompt on login screen; can't verify: I have a vexing problem since the Anniversary update on my Vaio. I have been using Windows 10 on this machine successfully for over a year. Here are the exact symptoms: I boot up the laptop from a cold state. The boot appears normal and my personal background appears on...
  9. No login prompt at login screen

No login prompt at login screen: As can be seen in the picture, sometimes after locking the computer, unlocking is impossible because there is no where to enter the password and the screen is almost empty but the options on the bottom left. Any way to fix that? [img] 63359
  10. No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.

No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.: After I configured to start up the Windows 10 with the safe mode as following method for uninstalling a software, it does not prompt to enter a password at login screen anymore. It was working fine until now. [img] [img] I have tried following but no luck....